By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony may or may not be over shipping BUT the best buy in okemos mi has atl

Halo_Reach said:

as someone stated that the stacks wouldnt make sense this close to kinect launch, i just went in there and poof the stacks of ps3 in the center aisle are gone, they were there yesterday- i asked an employee where they went she said in the back because they are setting up for kinect and that is where the setup is going, it looked crazy because i go in there 3 times  a month or so and they always have SOMETHING THERE....there is absolutly nothing in the 20 foot gap center aisle exept a few stacks od dj hero 2, kinect dispays being set up later today- so i am truly sorry for not being able to provide pics and i no ridicule will be coming my way and i feel like a ass for promising pictures and not being able to come forward i really wish i would of took them yesterday

haha, figured.  Dude, Best Buy would never let a store have that much product on hand.  Hell, we don't even get that many systems for day after thanksgiving sells.  Nice try though man.  

Around the Network
toMsons7551 said:
Halo_Reach said:

the best buy has atleast 300 that i have counted on the store floor between the sku's available in 3 spots from what i counted, it is crazy how many they have

300 isn't that much, it matters about the location. Also hardware sales this time get much higher, so a higher stock is nessesary. Also, Best Buy doesn't put out all their stock onto the floor, so I know you're lying. 300 my ass. Way to make things up. Than because of one case, even if this was true, which it is not, one case doesn't mean anything. Also big places like Best Buy will carry lots of consoles, especially since the Move release.

I dunno how long you think PS3's and 360's stay on the shelves. A company buys what they want, and when their stock goes under healthy ammounts, than they buy more. Say this Best Buy wants to hold 500 for the Holiday season. So they buy 500, and their stock gets to like 40-50 left, so they order more from Sony. They buy 400-500 more to meet demand and go to their maximum levels for the store. All because you see a store have stock after resupplying their stock means NOTHING. And unlike people don't seem to get, they don't buy more than they can hold. They have a preset ammount of systems for different seasons. It's nearing the Holidays, with Black Friday not that far off and with a release of Move which sells systems. Retailers want people to choose them for this, so they will carry maximum inventory for such an event so people go to them first! Than let the stock die down after the craze.

Do you people not know how businesses work? They are in the business of making money for THEMSELVES.

you don't really know how business works either.  Each Best Buy does not have that much room to store stuff in their warehouse.  Warehouses in stores is meant to hold big items that can't be stocked on shelves (Tv's, Fridges, etc.)  The way business works with these big companies is they use distribution centers that cover large sections of the country called territories.  So, when Best Buy orders PS3's, they are shipped to the distribution center and then the distribution center sends them out to individual stores in weekly truck shipments based on inventory levels.  At no time have I ever seen a store in my district with over 100 ps3's in stock and I work at one of the biggest stores Best Buy makes.  I have also worked for Best Buy for over 5 years, so that is why the op is full of crap.  There is no way this could happen at a Best Buy.  If he said some other store, perhaps, as I only know how Best Buy works.  

axumblade said:

Bah. Should I lock this for being purely anecdotal?

No. Because at the end of the day, Reach did the ultimate irony and proved that the ps3 is selling like free crack in the projects.

This is anecdotal evidence I can believe in.

I have no issue with these threads at all, but in fairness when Sony fans made a bunch a threads to claim we had undertracked the PS3, we had ioi issue a ban warning to anyone who dared mentioning the word undertrack. But for the last couple days,  people are going  as far as as to go count PS3's in stores just to claim that Sony  overship. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

the PS3 adjustments have really delivered a great fear into the 360 fans big time.

Around the Network
snfr said:
Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:

Umm, ok, now it's getting even more ridiculous. You can't prove it so for most people you're still a liar.

To be honest, I've never called you a liar for saying that they have 300 in stock, it could be true. But you made this thread for a certain reason (and it's pretty clear by looking at your post history), that's why I was a bit upset. Anyway, I'm out of this thread now...

taking a break from this forum for a week or so- nothing will change the minds or thought process of many here because simply this forum is worldwide and people here have set beliefs and fans of certain things and are quick to attack anyone that thinks outside that realm. i pray for some of you

Congrats for making me come back...

Seriously dude, you're not in the position to whine about people with set beliefs, as you have set beliefs yourself. You trolled the PS3 in the past, why should you have suddenly changed?

Anyway, I admit that I have a little Sony bias, but I'm not trolling, I'm not insulting people for no reason or anything else. Furthermore I'm a supporter of all 3 consoles and companies, so... you don't have to pray for me...

LOL do you really have to ask that question? its so obvious.....=D

cough* DAMAGE CONTROL *cough

Torillian said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Torillian said:

Alright Sony people, let's try and be a little less annoying with replies alright?

maybe just maybe, everyone is getting tired of these 'insert reason here' indicates Sony may have overshipped threads? Why are you even supporting this crap? It's a useless thread with anectodal evidence that supports NOTHING...

and what's with this 'sony' people? People have a right to question why this type of thread is needed and made without being labelled

You don't want to be labeled as "sony people"?  that's a bit more sensitive than I expected but alright.

"Everyone who replied with a picture, video, or less than 10 word reply should try to actually argue about the topic at hand instead of dismissing it outright with flippant comments"

Must be a large shop if it has room for 300 PS3s and if it has that many PS3s available, then they must sell like hotcakes. They wouldn't order that many if they couldn't sell them, no? ^^

just leave him alone he wanted to lie but did not have any idea how the store works or that there is a best buy employee here who can call him out on his BS.

Yea, I just went and counted 487 in the PS3 spot at my Best Buy.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.