By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

32.Shadow of the Colossus(PS2)

Shadow of the Colossus beautiful Action-Adventure Game. Shadow of the Colossus is prequel to ICO and like ICO there is very little Story. the Story begins with Wander the character you play as enters the forbidden land, traveling across the long bridge at its entrance on his horse, Agro. Wonder is caring a body wrapped in a cloak when removed revels the body of a young women named Mono who he loves more then anything. in order to restore her sole he must defeat the 16 Colossi.

In Shadow of the Colossus it is all boss Fights it is just you your horse and the massive colossi in order to defeat the colossi you have to travel across a very beautiful land. the Colossi themselves are basically massive puzzles.

The Visuals as I have already alluded to are awe inspiring everything is done using Real-Time Graphics with use of bloom lighting and motion blear it is hard to  believe that they could achieved this on the SONY PlayStation 2.      

The sound Design is Epic to say the lest. 

To sum up Shadow of the colossus is an awe inspiring beautiful experience that nobody should miss and when you take down a colossi and the music plays as they collapse to the ground  you feel both sadness and remorse.

Shadow of the colossus Intro Part 1

Shadow of the colossus Intro Part 2

Shadow of the colossus OST Ending Theme

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:

29.Shadow of the Colossus(PS2)

I forgot that game too lol... I think maybe I didn't forget.. I forgot what I put at the start of my list. Would have probably been there if it already wasn't.

ishiki said:

ishiki said:

#28 Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
This game is awesome. In my opinion, its superior by a fair margin over Oblivion. The areas are vaster. The game is bigger. The setting is more memorable. The graphics were amazing for its time. You could even break the game on purpose! Also there was no auto-level up of enemies. Bethesda with oblivion thought it would be a brilliant idea to use Final Fantasy 8's auto leveling up of enemy's. (though to be fair you can mod this unless on pc atleast which is awesome!) but we're talking about original game..

I don't like WRPGs as as much as JRPGs but I like ESII Morrowind more then ESIV Obliven. 

Okami - I've only played the Wii version of this game, but it remains one of my favourite games of all time.  The art style is arguably the best I've ever seen and it rivals Zelda in its quality.  I can't wait for Okamiden.

27. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Oh I really enjoyed Mario Galaxy and it was one of my first games for Wii. When I got Mario 64 for the N64 I couldn't really get into it. And although Mario Galaxy didn't really change much, I found it much better (perhaps just my taste in games changed, dunno exactly). Anyway, that's not the last Mario game on my list.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

27. WWF No Mercy

WWF No Mercy is the best wrestling game of all time. Although, that comes with the disclaimer that I pretty much stopped playing them in 2002 when I stopped watching it, apart from a couple of brief flirtations. I remember the game for its story mode. Rather than just winning a few matches and then ultimately getting a title shot as with older games, No Mercy featured branching storylines, where winning/losing matches would ultimately change the story. It also featured ladder matches, backstage brawls, and putting people through tables, which meant it became a multiplayer favourite amongst my friends.

VGChartz

28.FINAL FANTASY VI(PS1)

Final Fantasy VI is an Awesome Role Playing Game(RPG) Final Fantasy VI is set for the first time in an Anime style Steampunk world with with Mecha advanced technology.  I first played Final Fantasy VI on my PS2 about 3 years ago and loved it. 

1000 years before the events of the game, three entities known as the Warring Triad initiated a conflict that would come to be called the War of the Magi unleashing magical energy into the world which transformed afflicted humans into espers  thenthey ere used as soulders in the war later the Espers have there source of the power stoped and they cut themeseves of from the Humen world  The story is awesome the main character is Terra Branford ahalf-Human, half-Esper girl who is a slave of the Empire the story opens with her and her minders attacking Narshe in serch of an Esper after the Esper kiils her mainders the Empires Control is broken she meats  Locke Cole a thief who promises to protect her  and they escape to the hideout of the Returners Resistance group fighting the Empire.

The cast of Characters is cool and there is a great variety of customization with wide variety of weapons, armor and accessories. 

Visuals are awesome for a 1994 Super Famicom(SNES) Game and the added CG in the PlayStation Version is a cool addedion. 

the Music is awesome like all Final Fantasy Games 

Some of my favorite parts of Final Fantasy VI included the Opera House and the Final Battle. Final Fantasy VI is awesomeness and a  game that should be played by all Final Fantasy Fans. 

and Terra is awesome!!

Final Fantasy VI PS1 Intro

Final Fantasy VI PS1 Opera Scene

27. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

The finest licensed game I've ever played and probably the best 3D Metroidvania ever made... hm. Why don't either of those sound like such great compliments? Anyway, Arkham Asylum is a truly spectacular achievement on every level. Graphically, the only knock against it is the somewhat "plastic" look that most UE3-powered games tend to have as the art department totally nailed the gothic aesthetic of Batman. The voice acting is top notch with talent from the animated series on display, most notably Mark Hamill who completely steals the show as Joker. Arkham Asylum's greatest accomplishment, however, is its outstanding gameplay which brilliantly mixes stealth action with an intuitive free-flow combat system. The overall effect is that, whether you're prowling the intelligently designed levels of Arkham or gliding from gargoyle to gargoyle above a room of Joker's thugs before taking them all down without even being seen, you really do feel like Batman. For fuck's sake, even the collectibles are fun! Other developers really could take a lesson from Rocksteady there. Honestly, everything about this game is so damned good that I feel a little bad about "only" ranking it at #27. Sorry, Bats!

@Khuutra

Super Metroid was a great game... but there is one area that still makes me think unhappy thoughts.

The corridor areas in Maridia (the ones with the quicksand everywhere). This area gave me so much grief... it really got to the point for me where it was no longer fun (even in a challenging sort of way, like the rest of the game). It was just: get hit by a energy blast, fall backwards into quicksand, mash buttons wildly to attempt to get out, and right when I get back on a platform, I'll get hit again. Rinse and repeat. It was so... sadly annoying.

While it's an incredible game, this one point was the only reason it missed my top 50 games. Story is told in an amazing way though... still one of the best video game stories in my humble opinion.

It feels weird, but I gotta say that Castlevania has provided me with a more satisfying "Metroid" experience. I much prefer the gothic horror setting of Castlevania than the space setting of the Metroid universe, so that helps out too...

Also, it's great to see someone else really enjoy Conker's Bad Fur Today. Yeah... we'll talk about this later.

badgenome said:

27. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

The finest licensed game I've ever played and probably the best 3D Metroidvania ever made... hm. Why don't either of those sound like such great compliments? Anyway, Arkham Asylum is a truly spectacular achievement on every level. Graphically, the only knock against it is the somewhat "plastic" look that most UE3-powered games tend to have as the art department totally nailed the gothic aesthetic of Batman. The voice acting is top notch with talent from the animated series on display, most notably Mark Hamill who completely steals the show as Joker. Arkham Asylum's greatest accomplishment, however, is its outstanding gameplay which brilliantly mixes stealth action with an intuitive free-flow combat system. The overall effect is that, whether you're prowling the intelligently designed levels of Arkham or gliding from gargoyle to gargoyle above a room of Joker's thugs before taking them all down without even being seen, you really do feel like Batman. For fuck's sake, even the collectibles are fun! Other developers really could take a lesson from Rocksteady there. Honestly, everything about this game is so damned good that I feel a little bad about "only" ranking it at #27. Sorry, Bats!

thumbs up! again! I thought they made batman a bit too muscley. Kinda the opposite of what they do with FF characters. haha