By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

30. TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GCN)

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the finest example of an FPS ever made! Let's see... it's got a single player campaign that's even better than the 2nd (and with an awesome Haunted Mansion-esque level), the same addicting (and super tough) challenge levels, a wonderful map creator (so many wonderful maps... half the fun was making these crazy things!), the wonderfully humorous and refreshing atmosphere (It's time to SPLIT!), and of course, the incredible (incredible) multiplayer. I was always Deadwinda, and she and I dominated the scene with our dual Flare Guns. Ah... there's so much to say just about this game's multiplayer... so many good times... yeah... oh! Yeah, so anyways, this is the highest FPS you'll see on my list because that's how I view the game: the best FPS I've ever played. CHIMPACIDE!

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Ninpanda said:

31. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos/The Frozen Throne - PC

Easily my favorite Blizzard game. The four races are very well balanced, the single-player is polished to a mirror sheen, the soundtrack was great... Hell, I am still in love with the Warcraft lore, almost entirely thanks to this game. Thank you, Blizzard, for this wonderful game. Thank you.

30. Sonic & Knuckles - Genesis

Sega is notorious for crazy-ass add-ons, and while most of them have failed miserably, this one was actually pretty damn suh-weet. On top of having one of the best soundtracks in any Sonic game any video game, it also has silky-smooth controls, great graphics and is just a blast to play.

I was never able to get all the Super Emeralds, though. 

Two amazing games! Yeah... these'll show up later.

And I totally agree with your assessment for Sonic & Knuckles wonderful soundtrack. Sky Sanctuary Zone is my favorite video game track ever. ^_^

What was your favorite zone? Mine was probably Flying Battery or Lava Reef.

Ninpanda said:

What was your favorite zone? Mine was probably Flying Battery or Lava Reef.

Sky Sanctuary Zone is my favorite thing. Ever.

Um... just read this to really understand my irrational love towards this game.

(By the way, Flying Battery Zone's music is ultra cool.)

darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:

Guess were I put all my MGS Games. 

Top 4

trololol?

Maybe but then were would I put a tone of FF Games XD

Woah how many FF's do you have on this list?

20% of outlawauron's list is Final Fantasy.....is it even higher for you?

You do realize that means that there is 10 games in my top 50. You're mighty close youself.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This too early lawlawl crap is getting quite old. Annoying actually.

I'm surprised I got it for Oblivion and not Final Fantasy VII though. Darth, the 360 version of Oblivion was perfectly fine. Leave it alone.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

lawllawl

outlawauron said:

I'm surprised I got it for Oblivion and not Final Fantasy VII though. Darth, the 360 version of Oblivion was perfectly fine. Leave it alone.

Its Fab_GS & Ishiki's fault they encouraged me after I said it!!!!!! lawllawl!

@Fab_GS

Should we go back to roflrofl now?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I just wont to add that to all Level 5 Fans you will be very happy to now that all but one of the Level 5 PS2 Games are in my list somewhere.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

34.DEVIL MAY CRY 3 DANTE'S AWAKING/SPECIAL EDITION(PS2)

Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awaking/Special Edition is an Awesome Action/Hack&Slash Game.  Devil May Cry is a Prequel the the Original Devil May Cry and my favorite of the Devil May Cry Series and again is a real Old School brake you in half type of Game but yet you will always want to return for more Game.

The Gameplay is awesome and this time you have the ability to customize Dante's Fighting Style with six different fighting styles to chose from Gunslinger which lets you unlock more awesome and stylish shooting attacks, Royal Guard with enables you to stylishly block and repeal attacks, Trickster which adds in dodging enemy attacks in cool ways, swardmaster with awesome sward and melee weapon attacks, Quicksilver with which allows for time manipulation, Doppelganger which creates a shadow Double.

The story is fun and cheesy and camp at times, Dante is as cool and cheesy and campy and over the top as always the supporting characters are cool and Vergil in some ways even more awesome then Dante.

The Musical Score is awesome a mix of Hard Rock, Techno, Orchestral and Heavy Metal   

DEVIL MAY CRY 3 INTRO

DEVIL MAY CRY 3 OST FINAL BATTLE

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Ninpanda said:
Scoobes said:

No. 31: Neverwinter Nights 2 (& Mask of the Betrayer) (PC)

Another RPG, another sequel, another game developed by Obsidian. This game was highly enjoyable. with some amazing characters and was a welcome return to the Forgotten Realms. A welcome feature was the return to 4-character parties rather than just the single sidekick of NWN1. It had virtually everything you'd want from a WRPG and even added a lil' bit of sim city when you get your fort. The only downsides were that it ran poorly (poorly optimised) for a game that looked good, but not amazing and that Neverwinter (the city) seemed smaller than the original. It also didn't really bring anything truly innovative to table and stuck to the typical WRPG formula (not neccessarily a bad thing mind). 

I've never played this game. I like the original, though. I should really try to track down a copy someday.

It's a very good game. I think I still prefer the original, but this is right up there.

The four party members really does improves the tactical aspect. I remember being really thankful the gave a sorceror as one of the companions as her spell set was insane and I didn't use many spell casters in the original. The story as well has everything you'd want from a WRPG.