By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Tayne said:

33. Resident Evil 2

I enjoyed every last minute of this game.  It was the first game I owned that truly had to played while sitting in the dark.

Biohazard 2 awesome Game.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

31. BioShock (PS3)

In my youth, I loved FPS games (as you have seen/will see), but recently, I've grown to loathe them. BioShock is like a shining beacon in a generic ocean of mediocrity. This is what I want FPS games to be like.

The underwater city of Rapture is quite simply one of the best game locations ever created, and the story is intriguing, as you try to figure out just what the hell happened to this supposed utopia, with a clever twist towards the end. If you haven't played it, would you kindly do so?

VGChartz

a lot of this thread has listed bioshock so far I think... or atleast the ones talking... I forgot who though.

i know darth didn't.

31. Pokemon Ruby (GBA)

It's old hat by now. I'm always a bit bewildered whenever I see the hype train for the latest Pokemon game roll out and go barreling past me, filled from end to end with screaming fans. Then release day comes and goes, a fact to which I'm totally oblivious until I find myself watching with vague horror as the sales numbers come in and the thing has sold boatloads.  "Fuck you, Nintendo!" I want to scream. "Fuck you and your derivative fucking bullshit! YOU'RE. RUINING. GAMIIIIING!" But sometimes I will decide to am compelled by what is probably an alien intelligence to sit down and play some Pokemon, and I'm reminded that it's a hell of a lot of fun... at least until it's not anymore. So, why Ruby out of all the versions of Pokemon available? Why not? It's Pokemon. They're all the fucking same.

badgenome said:

31. Pokemon Ruby (GBA)

It's old hat by now. I'm always a bit bewildered whenever I see the hype train for the latest Pokemon game roll out and go barreling past me, filled from end to end with screaming fans. Then release day comes and goes, a fact to which I'm totally oblivious until I find myself watching with vague horror as the sales numbers come in and the thing has sold boatloads.  "Fuck you, Nintendo!" I want to scream. "Fuck you and your derivative fucking bullshit! YOU'RE. RUINING. GAMIIIIING!" But sometimes I will decide to am compelled by what is probably an alien intelligence to sit down and play some Pokemon, and I'm reminded that it's a hell of a lot of fun... at least until it's not anymore. So, why Ruby out of all the versions of Pokemon available? Why not? It's Pokemon. They're all the fucking same.

your descriptions are always better than darth's XD

Around the Network
ishiki said:
outlawauron said:

Hmm, I'll see if I can get a mod to fix this.

why don't you just become a mod. My page is set to 50 so I'm good! if you're set to 100! XD

I think I got it fixed now, though it may be near moot with it being on a prior page now regardless of setting.

Lemme figure out where I left off, and go back to detailing my list...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Guys... don't freak out... but uh... just look below.

32. Sonic the Hedgehog (Gen)

You were probably wondering, okay Smeags... when is Sonic showing up? We know you're unreasonbaly obsessed with this series... so when's it finally gonna pop up? Well, it's here at number 32! Funnily enough, Sonic the Hedgehog wasn't the first Sonic game I've played (that would go to Sonic the Hedgehog 2). So, imagine my shock when I couldn't even use the Sonic Spin in this game! Also, the jumping was a little more floaty compared to the sequels... but besides that, this game is platforming bliss! The levels are awesome (and to the game's credit, it has three Acts as opposed to the sequel's two Acts), the music is stupendous, and the overall package is just waaay too much fun. I mean, what more can you really want? Not much I'll tell you, and that's why Sonic's first adventure is here at number 32.

31. Bioshock (X360)

What a way to start off a game. A plane crashing, finding yourself in the middle of the ocean (took me at least a minute before I realized that I was actually in control of Jack during the sequence... kudos to 2K for letting the player take control of this game.), and then finding that lonesome lighthouse in the middle of nowhere. And once I entered the Biosphere... this game HAD to be in my top 50 games. What an incredible experience... and we're only 5 minutes into the game! Yeah, like I told you before, FPS's aren't really my thing... but Bioshock isn't your traditional FPS either. There's just so much in this game... it's just such a rich experience to explore the insane world of Rapture. And of course, how can I forget the titular moment when Andrew Ryan tells Jack about his purpose. "Would you kindly?" really blew me away. I guess I enjoyed this game so much because well... it accomplished things that I've never really seen in a video game before. Okay, so the final few hours of the game paled in comparison to the rest of the game (and seemed a lot more "traditional" as far as video game constants are, which was somewhat disappointing), but as a complete package, Bioshock is where it's at. Fantastic game.

Three Bioshocks at the exact same position. Awesome.

Coincidences FTW!!!

LoL, nice!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Haha... what are the chances of another Bioshock at #31...

VGChartz

31. Star Ocean The Second Story

One of many games that I played many years ago and thought it was the most awesome gme ever.  I never want to ruin that experience by playing through it a second time.  I think I'll just leave it at that. Hell, I don't even own a PS1 or the game any more. 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2