By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Scoobes said:

No. 33: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (PC, also on X-box)

Obsidian have a knack for making good sequels using someone elses' tech and world. This was a top quality sequel which in many aspects and features, improved on the original. Characters were well fleshed out and highly interesting with your character having a major influence on them to the point of turning them to the light or dark side. Unfortunately, it feels unfinished towards the end (well, it actually was unfinished), resulting it it landing at a reasonable 33rd place. Modders on the PC version have tried to restore the cut content, but I have yet to try these mods.

this game would have been near the tippy top of my list. Had the problems you mentioned. Plus a few others I had been fixed.

Though another thing that modders can't fix. Was atleast to me it felt some of the side characters story weren't completely finished as well. Maybe I'm just delusional. Or maybe that was intentional. Maybe that was part of it not being "finished" Or maybe that didn't happen at all.

But I still haven't listed it yet. I forgot where I put it. :P

Around the Network

33. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

While Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN) was my first Fire Emblem experience (and a great game as well, just barely missed the top 50), this was the game that really made me a huge fan of the series. Everything from the previous game has been ironed out, and the gameplay is stupendously solid. The characters are more endearing than ever (still, Illyana is my favorite!) and the story is an actual epic, spanning four immense chapters that are all very fun and very rewarding (with the final chapter pretty darn amazing, I must say.) The story continues from Path of Radiance, and everything comes together at the end in a very satisfying way. The final showdown to the Black Knight (one of my favorite videogame villains) is fantastic... and the whole final levels are just perfection in my eyes.

If the previous paragraph seems somewhat erratic... it's because I really don't know where to begin explaining my love for this game, or where to end. The gameplay is so wonderfully solid, the characters are a joy to lead into battle (and worth keeping alive), and the adventure is really unlike anything out there, which is why I'm such a huge fan of the series. Radiant Dawn shines the brightest though, and for that, it earns the #33 spot.

36.NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2(PS3)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is another awesome Action/Hack&Slash from Techmo's Team Ninja. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a PS3 revamped Version of Ninja Gaiden II on the XBOX 360. like Ninja Gaiden Sigma it is an Old School brack you in half and make you wont to return for more type of Game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 adds extra bosses in the giant Buddha Statue in Tokyo, and a Statue of Liberty  and Rachel, Ayane and a new character Momiji from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword as playable characters these sexy Heroines get one mission each added into the main Story mode of the Game and are playable along with Ryu in a new Online CO-OP Challenge mode. and like Dead or alive there is grate use of jiggle Physics but you can use the SIXAXIS function of the Dual Shock 3 to manually increase the amount of jiggle. 

The Graphics got an overhaul for the PS3 Release with improvements in resolution and increased use of Bloom Lighting  and some character modes were remade like Ayane's for example.

The Music is again awesome Rock and Techno

there is also reduced blood & Gore in Ninja Gaiden Sigma  2 but this dose not hamper the Gameplay at all with a deep and very awesome move set with awesome combos brutal fishing moves this is no button masher like Devil May Cry you need precise timing.    

NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 TRAILER

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Pant

Wheeze

33 now, eh? I got some... catching up to do.

Tonight!

Filler post.... I'm still very late...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
ishiki said:

#35 Final Fantasy VII

It has my favorite city in a FF which is Midgar, My 2nd favorite FF Music Score, my 2nd fav or favorite villain... wait.... SHINRA. And you're a terrorist!

They wrote the story for that game into a corner. The first few hours were really great, but then all of the depth and meaning was tossed aside to tell the story of some bloke with multiple personality disorder running off to fight an old workmate who is slightly less sane, who isn't even established as a proper villain until right near the end of the first disc when we find out how he wants to destroy the world (and don't get me started on the following scene), and it only gets more nonsense from then on.

I liked that you could choose your party pretty much from the start.

My no. 32 is Spyro the Dragon. A great mix and furious fire-breathing action and semi-solid platforming. There's a bit of a depth-perception issue that isn't in other games, but not too much.

35. God of War II - PS2

Ah, the swan song of the PS2. If you thought the original God of War was impressive, this made you blow your load! The gameplay is untouchable, the voice acting is just fantastic, and the bosses... Wow.

34. Super Mario 64 - N64

If I ever meet anyone who worked on this game, I'll give him/her a big, uncomfortably long hug. It's somewhat low on the list, because it admittedly hasn't aged very well, but Super Mario 64's impact on gaming is undeniable.

33. Street Fighter IV - PS3

Nothing gets my heart pumpin' like a good game of Street Fighter IV. The roster was expertly chosen with a mix of the classics, and some excellent newcomers. One of the best, and most balanced fighters out there.

The theme song makes me wanna strangle something, though.

I finally caught up! *punches air*

35.NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA(PS3)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is an awesome Action/Hack&Slash Game. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a PS3 remake of Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black the re-imagining of the the original Ninja Gaiden from NES that were on the orignal XBOX. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is one of the hardest hack&slash Games out a real Old School brake you in half type of Game but yet you will always want to return for more.

The music is awesome Rock & Techno

Ninja Gaiden Sigma got a very nice Graphics overhaul for PS3, and the Gameplay enhancements are cool being able to play as the smoking hot Demon Hunter  Rachel for several extra missions to expand n the story is awesome.     

NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA TRAILER

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

I've posted my no. 32 and everyone else is posting 33s and 34s. Please tell me, am I jumping the gun or is it just a time zone issue?

CrankyStroming said:
ishiki said:

#35 Final Fantasy VII

It has my favorite city in a FF which is Midgar, My 2nd favorite FF Music Score, my 2nd fav or favorite villain... wait.... SHINRA. And you're a terrorist!

They wrote the story for that game into a corner. The first few hours were really great, but then all of the depth and meaning was tossed aside to tell the story of some bloke with multiple personality disorder running off to fight an old workmate who is slightly less sane, who isn't even established as a proper villain until right near the end of the first disc when we find out how he wants to destroy the world (and don't get me started on the following scene), and it only gets more nonsense from then on.

I liked that you could choose your party pretty much from the start.

My no. 32 is Spyro the Dragon. A great mix and furious fire-breathing action and semi-solid platforming. There's a bit of a depth-perception issue that isn't in other games, but not too much.

Nonsense isn't always bad. yuffies my favorite part anyways. specially when she steals your materia. XD