By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

snfr said:
darthdevidem01 said:
snfr said:
darthdevidem01 said:
snfr said:
darthdevidem01 said:

43. POKEMON YELLOW (GBC)

The game that started it all for me.......my first pokemon game.....the beginning of a new gaming franchise.....a franchise I still like (looking forward to Pokemon Black/White)

There's not much to say about this game that hasn't been said......it was just so different, so fresh at the time.....one of the best things was that you could get all 3 of the starters and some of the game was similar to the popular Pokemon Anime at the time!

All that said, there is one pokemon game higher than this in the ranks......

Good, good. As you know it's on my list too. But I combined it with Red/Blue, although I thought Yellow was slightly better because they remade some animations and you could get all starters.

Yeah good thing you combined them!!

Initially I had the "3rd part of one of generation and one of the original releases of that gen separately"...but then like you I combined them

Which Pokemon generation am I talking about? you'll find out maaaaany daaaaaays laaaaaaater

Hehe, I also have several Pokemon games on my list, you'll see.

Cool!

so far I know just 2 more games you definitely have on your list...of which one is higher than where I have that game....the other I have higher than you have on your list

Don't be so sure, I have placed all three Pokemon generations on my list very high

hmmmm welllll my pokemon games...well one of them thats left is very very very high on the list too

Well lets wait and watch!

I think we've said too much

Smeags will kill us!

{gallops away on Odin leaving snfr}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
snfr said:

Don't be so sure, I have placed all three Pokemon generations on my list very high

hmmmm welllll my pokemon games...well one of them thats left is very very very high on the list too

Well lets wait and watch!

I think we've said too much

Smeags will kill us!

{gallops away on Odin leaving snfr}

*is afraid*

*flies away on Bahamut*

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

50-45

44) Ratchet & Clank PS2

Truth be told I'm not much of a Sony fan. However there is one series I've always admired, it being Ratchet & Clank.  Insomniac's 2002 debut of R&C was filled with a great deal of innovation, value, and most importantly fun! With a touch of platforming and third person shooting this game struck gold.  Perhaps there are better Ratchet experiences, but this is the one I'm familiar with.

Smeags said:

Also, does anyone remember this? Console Warz at their finest.

Cool vid. Actually, not really. Cool game!!! That's what I meant.

Funny thing is that when Sony and Sega guys are trying the rumble pack, they are grabbing the controller as if they were playing with the digital pad, what actually was wrong.

43. Banjo Tooie

Was my earlier hint a little too obvious? Perhaps, but Banjo Tooie is next up on my list. Some say the two Banjo games on the N64 rivaled Super Mario 64, some even say that they bettered it. I wouldn't quite go that far, but Mario most certainly didn't have it all to himself on the console. This game was a part of Rare's golden era, and whilst I look back upon it and others from that time fondly, I can't help but wonder what might have been had they stayed with Nintendo. As for the game itself, it takes place two years after the first, Gruntilda is at large again thanks to her sisters, and it's down to Banjo and Kazooie to stop her again.

VGChartz

Around the Network

No. 43: Prince of Persia (PS3, also on 360 & PC)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/24825/prince-of-persia/

This was my first Prince of Persia game and quite simply, the platforming was sublime. It's not without it's flaws; the enemies are repetitive and combat's too simple, but overall it was a good experience. I liked the way they circumvented the need to reload from checkpoints and the dying mechanic and the art style was a refreshing change from the usual brown and grey of games released around the sametime. The way the relationship between the Prince and Elika was built was also done very well. I think part of the reason I enjoyed the game is because gameplay mechanics were actually relaxing. I could play at my own pace whilst enjoying the artwork, the platforming mechanics just plain worked, and it was near impossible to become frustrated because there was never a reload screen. Underrated and misunderstood game imo.

43- StarCraft (PC)

Forgot to post my 44, and 43 is coming right after!

44. Suikoden III

Suikoden 3. Absolutely amazing game. Excellent music. Classic JRPG... Continuing on the Suikoden series that I love so much. I love this game. I love this series. Thank the LORD for chipped PS2's! <3

43. Kessen 2

I spent so many hours on this game. Loved it! Loved the strategies you had to use and the fact you could actually run into the battle with your troops! Would recommend it to anyone who loves war games.

Dang Carl. Suikoden III and Kessen 2 were both games that were right outside of my top 50. Love them dearly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.