By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Smeags said:
nordlead said:

I just posted my first set of games. No one posted on my wall!! Anyways, I should be able to keep it up to date for the most part

Both Carl and myself posted on your wall!

I blame the Packers fan for posting on my wall last making me miss them

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Smeags said:

@Milky Joe

Nice one, I love Diddy Kong Racing. It was my first 3D game (and first N64 game). I still remember the first time I booted it up!

Pipsy was my main.

Tip Tup 4 lyfe!

I'll post my catch-up games soon

Khuutra said:

Tip Tup 4 lyfe!

I'll post my catch-up games soon

Pretty much any lightweight character was awesome.

Crunch... we don't talk about Crunch...

Edit.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

45. Dead Space - PS3

This game, to me, is the evolution of Resident Evil 4. It takes everything it did and improved on it. It's intense, engaging, and the atomsphere is used to create a truly eerie setting. There is no escape, you have no way to guarantee your life, safety and those of whom you're trying to protect. I really enjoyed every second of this one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

45. Dead Space - PS3

This game, to me, is the evolution of Resident Evil 4. It takes everything it did and improved on it. It's intense, engaging, and the atomsphere is used to create a truly eerie setting. There is no escape, you have no way to guarantee your life, safety and those of whom you're trying to protect. I really enjoyed every second of this one.

awesome game. This is on my list somewhere :)

In the interest of space, and because I'd feel silly doing them 1 at a time this far in, 5 ata time!

50. Kirby's Pinball Land (GB)

Sure this is largely a nostalgia pick because it was the first game I was able to call my own, but it was still a great game.  A pinball game with Kirby and bosses is a formula for both fun and frustration.  In addition there are minigames (like playing soccer against a goalie) within the pinball levels which often proved often be the best part.  It was possible to spend hours with the simplicity of the game without figuring out how to beat the bosses or how to launch yourself back to the third level after falling through the center.  Add in a high score contest with your friends and the replayability is through the roof.

49. Pokemon Diamond (DS)

Not the strongest entry from the Pokemon franchise, but no Ruby/Sapphire either.  This game takes the standard pokemon format and adds, SURPRISE! (okay, not really) more Pokemon.  The story added to the Pokemon mythos, even if it did not seem to leave anything further to discover.  This game ushered in a step forward for the series with the addition of the global trade station.  No longer did you need to hound all your friends to trade you the starters you need (still waiting to be able to battle random people online).  The addition of location specific evolutions was also a wonderful new surprise.  Finally the PokeRadar minigame makes looking for "shiny" Pokemon less of a crapshoot and lets you aim for specific ones while building your collection.  It was a welcome change to see some new ways of building your collection.

48. Arkanoid (Amiga)

As far as breakout games go it is very difficult to top this one.  The level layouts (including a space invaders level), variety of powerups, different bricks, background designs, and music are all top notch.  The final level is a bit of an anticlimatic boss battle, but it throws in a way for you to die besides losing your ball.  The random enemies spawned from the top of each level can lead to annoying changes of direction as they roam around the stage, adding some extra difficulty to the already increasing ball speed.  The formula is tried and true but I've yet to find another breakout game which I've found to perfect as many of them elements.

47. Strikers 1945 II (Arcade)

This game wasted a bunch of quarters, but that's pretty much what arcade games are designed to do.  It's a very good vertically scrolling bullet hell game based in world war 2, except the enemy has giant mechs after you get past their normal defenses.  The "flying pancake" alone makes the game that much better.  It isn't the hardest bullet hell out there by any means, but because I've never gotten to play any others with an arcade stick it makes its way onto my list ahead of games like Touhou.  The length is nice, and with the ability to continue you get a chance to see the game through if you really want to so that's a bonus.

46. Tetris (Everything)

The simplistic addictiveness of this game is pretty much unmatched, who would have guessed such a simple premise could kill so much productivity.  The depth of strategy for such a game is also a bit surprising, even if you can't account for everything.  How many games can you say helped you through the boredom of classes?

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

ishiki said:
outlawauron said:

45. Dead Space - PS3

awesome game. This is on my list somewhere :)

Indeed it is. I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

My #44: Counter-Strike 1.6

My most played multiplayer game ever, and probably no game will ever come close to it. I played it for several years almost every day. The reason why it's not higher on my list... it has no singleplayer (story mode/campaign), but the sp is important for me.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

45. Jurassic Park (arcade)

Wow, another movie game, might aswell spoil it now and say E.T. is number 1. Well you guys first need to go down to your local Chuck E. Cheese (mine closed down :*( ) and go and play this game before they take it out. This is easily my 2nd favorite movie tie-in game because it only focused on 2 things: make sure you dont get hit by dinosaurs or spit and tranq the giant T-rex in every stage. Playing with a friend and getting to the end is just on of those moments thats you need to experience to understand. This on- rail shooter is more than just an awesome game.You see that chair. The mexicans call it hydrolics. :)

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls