By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

ishiki said:

45. Shadows Of The Collosus (IF AND ONLY IF YOU PLAY IT ON PC WITH PS3 EMULATOR (Legally ofcourse))

Since this game is heaped with positive praise I will go witht he negatives first. Call me a graphics whore if you will, But if this mini-review is based on the ps2 version alone it does not get on my list. I rented it when it came out. Intriguing concept. Beat like 7 or 8 of the Collosi, good experience. Fantastic Music done by Kow Otani the person who did the music for one of my favorite Anime Haibane Renmei. However this game is held back by technical Flaws like Framerate okay, to really bad framerate. And extremely low framerate in crucial situations and just bugs me while I played it. I'd rather have a dumbed down looking game versus crappy framerate so this was a big stickler. I'd give it an 8.0 As most people played it.

Now for the boss battles, each boss battle was a fantastic experience unlike any other game. I want Zelda to incorporate boss battles like these. The atmosphere is fantastic. Though it pushed my limit of isolation riding around on the horse. At times I wish there was a little more to do. But nonetheless it was a fantastic unique experience. If you have the power to play it on computer I strongly recommend it ups the resolution and plays at 60FPS (You have to have a powerful computer). Also great ending. I don't regard it near as high as many here, but with my modifications I consider it one of the best gaming experiences gaming has to offer a 9.0

I only grade in scales of .5

Awesome Game I still proudly have my Collectors Edition along with ICO and I can not what for he TEAM ICO HD Collection.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

45. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - DS

Ah, the sleeper on the list. Bowser's Inside Story has everything a Mario & Luigi game should have. It's consistently funny and self-aware, it has some great music, and taking down even the lowliest of critters is a blast. Oh, and Fawful is the most brilliant villain in the history of video games. Just saying.

"You have energy like a little angry battery with no friends."

hikaruchan said:
ishiki said:

45. Shadows Of The Collosus (IF AND ONLY IF YOU PLAY IT ON PC WITH PS3 EMULATOR (Legally ofcourse))

Since this game is heaped with positive praise I will go witht he negatives first. Call me a graphics whore if you will, But if this mini-review is based on the ps2 version alone it does not get on my list. I rented it when it came out. Intriguing concept. Beat like 7 or 8 of the Collosi, good experience. Fantastic Music done by Kow Otani the person who did the music for one of my favorite Anime Haibane Renmei. However this game is held back by technical Flaws like Framerate okay, to really bad framerate. And extremely low framerate in crucial situations and just bugs me while I played it. I'd rather have a dumbed down looking game versus crappy framerate so this was a big stickler. I'd give it an 8.0 As most people played it.

Now for the boss battles, each boss battle was a fantastic experience unlike any other game. I want Zelda to incorporate boss battles like these. The atmosphere is fantastic. Though it pushed my limit of isolation riding around on the horse. At times I wish there was a little more to do. But nonetheless it was a fantastic unique experience. If you have the power to play it on computer I strongly recommend it ups the resolution and plays at 60FPS (You have to have a powerful computer). Also great ending. I don't regard it near as high as many here, but with my modifications I consider it one of the best gaming experiences gaming has to offer a 9.0

I only grade in scales of .5

Awesome Game I still proudly have my Collectors Edition along with ICO and I can not what for he TEAM ICO HD Collection.

My guess if the ico collection does what the GOW collection did for GOW, and GOW had a lot less frame rate issues. My rating would also apply to that collection :P

Ninpanda said:

45. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - DS

Ah, the sleeper on the list. Bowser's Inside Story has everything a Mario & Luigi game should have. It's consistently funny and self-aware, it has some great music, and taking down even the lowliest of critters is a blast. Oh, and Fawful is the most brilliant villain in the history of video games. Just saying.

"You have energy like a little angry battery with no friends."

I've wanted to get that game... it has more humor, than say galaxy yes?

44. LOCOMOTION TYCOON (PC)

Now I don't think many people have played this game here. I've spent hundreds of hours on this game.

Its so fun setting up your own transportation Empire....from trams, bus routes, airlines, trains, ships......ALL IN ONE WORLD that is all real time......but the most addictive thing was probably delivering resources to different places (which in turn produced more resources) and delivering those new resources else where.

Your able to start the game in the 1920's...over time new models of vehicles come in and so on....so it keeps on changing. City's continue to grow through the years....eventually you can build more than 1 station in the city's. Its so awesome.

I think the most satisfying this is to see my turnover in 1920 as a loss of $10,000....then in the year 2000 seeing a profit of $20 Million.....immense satisfaction!! (Trains > Planes in profits!!). I still play this game some times!!

Don't really remember many songs from it though...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

46: Monster Rancher Advance 2 - GBA

Ahh who doesn't love a game where you push animals to their limits with harsh training each day? Well this game did that after getting your monster by putting random words into a tablet to summon them you get to train them. Over time I really felt attached to my monsters but sadly this game also taught me a life lesson with age you weaken. It hurt that I couldn't train with my monsters anymore the only postive thing was being able to make them coachs for my new ones. Really fun gameplay with intresting styles of fighting for each opponent depending on their speed attack and so on. I still miss you UltraDragon you were a great friend. T_T

45: Sonic the Headgehog - GEN

The first of four sonics on this list has appeared! Of course I can't start off this list with out where it all began 2 years before my birth with the orignal! Before all those friends showed up there was only one talking animal who knew two things who to run fast and who to kick some tail. Really not much to say about this game except it is amazing and never say other or else!

Former something....

I just posted my first set of games. No one posted on my wall!! Anyways, I should be able to keep it up to date for the most part

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

45. The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II (PC)

The mix of the best movie trilogy with a great RTS system was perfectly achieved with Battle for Middle-earth II. It evolved so much from it's predecessor. The music was AMAZING (obviously) and everything else was AMAZING as well! I just love everything LotR.

Boutros said:

The mix of the best movie trilogy with a great RTS system was perfectly achieved with Battle for Middle-earth II. It evolved so much from it's predecessor. The music was AMAZING (obviously) and everything else was AMAZING as well! I just love everything LotR.

GREAT CHOICE!!!

Addictive game!

But obviously I disagree with the "best movie trilogy bit" tehehe

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:

GREAT CHOICE!!!

Addictive game!

But obviously I disagree with the "best movie trilogy bit" tehehe

You are right! How could I foget Spider-Man!