By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

@Boutros: Such a pity to have leave so many good games off the list.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

46. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)

All three DKC are awesome and I love all of them equally but DKC2 stood out because it's the one that puzzled me the most and made me realize how wacky that franchise actually was! It's not a franchise that aged very well but I remember how I loved this game. And what a soundtrack!

TruckOSaurus said:

@Boutros: Such a pity to have leave so many good games off the list.

Yeah it's hard :(

But I'm glad other people are here to remind me of the games that couldn't make it in my list but would deserve it.

Ok... so I'm late 6 days....

50. Metroid: Other M (Wii)

Gee, we know it's differet, but the awesome 2D-ish gameplay, the cool fast paced action and great artstyle made this game one of my favorite Metroids ever.

49. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii)

This game had some of the coolest soundtracks, some really great gameplay and was fun. Nuff said.

48. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (DSi Ware)

This game had cool puzzles, and was pretty addictive when you didn't want to play big games, the level editor was fun too.

47. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Yeah, it was different, and personally, I would have loved an RPG, but this game was fun and innovative to play as an advenure game.

46. Mega Man 10 (WW)

While it did fell short of Mega Man 9, it was a Mega Man in core, with strong difficulty and great level design and power-ups.

45. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

I'll be honest here, I didn't really loved this as much as other people did, while it had flaws, it still is are great masterpiece and highly recomended to check out.

45. This game oozes Atmosphere that doesn't feel like the phantom menace (take that game I'm not naming :P), great plot, and great dialogue. This game is extremely linear (not that I mind it I love other certain games that get critisized) With fun Puzzles. The music is also excellent. With one of the best intro's of any game I've ever played.

The battlesystem, is similar to the VATS system used in fallout. Where you target a certain part of the body and you get certain percents of chances you'll hit that object. With other action rpg elements. There is also a risk meter involved here that skews hit percentages in different ways etc. I won't go into it here as you probably know or don't care. But when it comes down to it. I found the battlesystem the weak link and ultimatley why it's not higher on the list.

Around the Network

Edit.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

46. SSX Tricky - PS2

This is one of the iconic games of my childhood. A vast improvement over SSX and was a polished product from top to bottom. I spent hundreds of hours playing this with friends and family driving up our scores as high as we could. Nothing was better than coming home to the over the top style that Tricky had after a long day of school.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wow... so many awesome choices guys! This thread is giving me goosebumps on how awesome these games are.

I'm pretty excited about this next game I'm about to reveal...

Dang. I just realized that SSX Tricky is indeed another sequel. I pinky promise the next isn't. Honest.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@Outlaw

That's alright, I forgive you. SSX is a fantastic game. You know a Sports game is great when I actually like it.

45. Heroes of Might and Magic III (PC)

Before I knew of WarCraft, or really any PC game for that matter... I knew of the awesomeness of Heroes of Might and Magic III, and all was good. I mean... it's just a fantastic turn-based strategy game with a cast of medieval-esque fictional and mythological beings. Going around the world, finding secret treasures and taking down creeps... all while trying your best to defend and/or attack the opposing heroes and their bases. It was multi-tasking at its finest. I gotta give a shout out to my favorite race: Necropolis. Seriously, there's nothing better than the Ghost Dragon tearing into your enemies. Also, the game is beautiful to this day, and the music is simply wonderful. This game really started my PC gaming adventures... and it was an incredible way to start it off!