By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

47. RESIDENT EVIL 1 (PS1)

I was like 5 or 6 when it came out, I watched my dad play through it at first and loved every minute of it even though I just watched, I didn't play it myself till like the year 2001 or 2002....and I loved it.

Its a faint memory now but I remember liking the story a lot....the gameplay itself was pretty good. The setting a classic haunted mansion was great and something I miss in the newer RE games!

Short description due to lack of memory of the game......so why is it on here? Well because I remember giving it a 9/10 and its one of the first games I played of its kind so was pretty influential.

9.0/10

Favourite Music -

Moonlight Sonata (Remake Version)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
47 Full Throttle                                                                           box info screens video PC

#49. New Super Mario Bros. Wii : As you will see as my Top 50 unfolds I love platformers and I love 2D platformers even more. NSMBW to me was the return of those beloved 2D platformers. Add in the wonderful chaos of 4 simultaneous players and this game is a total blast to play! Tons of levels, some pretty challenging ones, coins and shortcuts to find this game had it all.

Signature goes here!

#48. Kingdom Hearts: A cross-over between Disney and Final-Fantasy, that can't work right? But somehow it does... really really well too! I have to admit it... I love Disney movies, I've watched Aladdin and the Lion King countless times so when I heard about Kingdom Hearts I knew I was going to love this game. To be fair I didn't care much for Sora's story, I just loved fighting in all the different Disney universes, all the characters were very well integrated (often with their original voice actors), the gameplay was enjoyable and there was a good amount of sidequests to keep you interested for a long time.

Signature goes here!

darthdevidem01 said:

I was like 5 or 6 when it came out, I watched my dad play through it at first and loved every minute of it even though I just watched, I didn't play it myself till like the year 2001 or 2002....and I loved it.

Its a faint memory now but I remember liking the story a lot....the gameplay itself was pretty good. The setting a classic haunted mansion was great and something I miss in the newer RE games!

Short description due to lack of memory of the game......so why is it on here? Well because I remember giving it a 9/10 and its one of the first games I played of its kind so was pretty influential.

9.0/10

Favourite Music -

Biohazard (resdent Evil) is a awesome Game series I love the original Biohazard. the old B Grade Horror movie style was was awesome  but why did you what till 2001 to play it?    

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

9.0/10

Favourite Music -

Biohazard (resdent Evil) is a awesome Game series I love the original Biohazard. but why did you what till 2001 to play it?    

Like I said I was 5 or 6 when it came out...and after that other games kept me more busy till I decided to just pick up the copy and play it myself because I had nothing else to play( as in 2001 major new PS1 games basically stopped coming)

TruckOSaurus said:

#48. Kingdom Hearts: A cross-over between Disney and Final-Fantasy, that can't work right? But somehow it does... really really well too! I have to admit it... I love Disney movies, I've watched Aladdin and the Lion King countless times so when I heard about Kingdom Hearts I knew I was going to love this game. To be fair I didn't care much for Sora's story, I just loved fighting in all the different Disney universes, all the characters were very well integrated (often with their original voice actors), the gameplay was enjoyable and there was a good amount of sidequests to keep you interested for a long time.

Good choice...it just narrowly missed my top 50

darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

9.0/10

Favourite Music -

Biohazard (resdent Evil) is a awesome Game series I love the original Biohazard. but why did you what till 2001 to play it?    

Like I said I was 5 or 6 when it came out...and after that other games kept me more busy till I decided to just pick up the copy and play it myself because I had nothing else to play( as in 2001 major new PS1 games basically stopped coming)

It's cool you love old school horror Games. what did you think of RE Zero and RE Remake 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:

It's cool you love old school horror Games. what did you think of RE Zero and RE Remake 

RE Zero is the best post RE3 RE game imo

And RE Remake was awesome too......I actually had Re Remake at #32...but removed it because it was a remake..and instead kept the original in here.

Okay. My number 47 is up.

47. Super Mario 64

Do I really need to explain this being on the list? Really? Tough. If you don't know why... I hate you. (Hint: When it released and I played it, it was probably the best game of all time for at least a Month!)