By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Ninpanda said:
darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CrankyStroming said:
darthdevidem01 said:

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways.

Then how come I just found them awkward and unuseable?

You tell me

I have heard no critic or gamer describe the controls like that before.

I thought it was useable, but it definitely felt very awkward.

I disagree....they didn't feel awkward at all to me. I was surprised by how awkward they didn't feel actually.

I agree, I had no quarrel with the controls in Spirit Tracks.

What I did have a problem with, was the Tower of Spirits dungeon, that you had to return to, whenever you return one of it's pieces. 'Twas an improvement over the Temple of the Ocean King, but that's not really saying much.

I agree, that the music was great, though.

Yeah it kinds sucked we had to go the same dungeon

But the important thing is at least we got to go straight to the floor we had to go through, not through out the whole thing time after time lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I 49'ed Halo: Combat fucking Evolved due to it's importance to the FPS genre.

Smeags said:

49. Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC)

"Bleh!" This might be the only game where someone throwing up on your walkway is a good thing. Rollercoaster Tycoon was everyone's dream: build the most awesome amusement park imaginable. Sure we all put in the occasional Haunted House and tame Roller Coaster just to appease the guests... but on the outskirts of the park, we were all building the most insane roller coaster imaginable. So fine, it cost us thousands of dollars and put us in the red, but building the craziest Roller Coaster imaginable was always worth it... even if no one ever rode it (or died trying).

Nooooo! I forgot to put it on my list...

Indeed a great game, should have been in my list as well.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

48. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Gamecube

Sands of Time is great. It has a fantastic atmosphere throughout the entire game. It has top-notch controls. It has clever puzzles. And performing various acrobatic maneuvers, like running across walls, tiptoeing along beams and swinging on poles is very simple and satisfying. It probably would've been higher on the list, if 'twasn't for the unpolished combat system.

And if the prince's snarky attitude pisses you off, you can drop him down a pit as many times as you like.

I can tell you one thing after working my ass to make a top 50 list to which I could have no objections:

IT'S NOT AN EASY TASK!!

I feel I am being not fair all the bloody time.

Around the Network
pariz said:

I can tell you one thing after working my ass to make a top 50 list to which I could have no objections:

IT'S NOT AN EASY TASK!!

I feel I am being not fair all the bloody time.

Yeah I agree

I AM NEVER EVER going insult ANY gaming media's "Top 20 games for _ _ _ _ " ever

I know how hard it is now.....

{goes to troll IGN's top 25 wii games list.....j/k}

48. CRISIS CORE : FINAL FANTASY VII (PSP)

Yes another FF game, a spin off this time.....well this is the only spin off in the list, now we only have 7 more FF games left in this list

Crisis Core was an awesome game, my favourite FF spin off. It is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII and told us the tale of Zack, who actually became one of my favourite male FF characters. The story of the game was really good, it was awesome to see Sephiroth on "our side", aerith with Zack, Tifa as a young cowgirl, Angeal/Genesis and cloud!! The game was pure fan service.

But thats not all it also had a good battle system that really only had 1 problem, the weird random wave thingy that spun and stopped at random, it could result in a "summon" taking place, the big problem was that this was random so you might not get it when you fight a boss.....yeah its so random we needed loads of randoms in 1 sentence! Apart from that the battle system was quick, and could keep me hooked.

The music included a few original tracks and many FF7 tracks remixed, all in all the composer remixed the tracks really well, but the new ones he crafted were fabulous! The story itself was pretty gripping and had a nice flow, the dialogue could use work but that doesn't bother me too much. Even though I knew how it ended, I was still really touched by the ending!

It was my fav PSP game till 2 games recently impressed me more!

9/10

My fav tracks:

Theme Song - Why?!

The Price Of Freedom

Since it's a FF game, I forgive you for adding a portable game darth.

Boutros said:

Since it's a FF game, I forgive you for adding a portable game darth.

Embrace the powah of the portables console fan!

No. 48: Starquake (Amstrad CPC, also available on Atari, Amiga, BBC Micro, DOS, Commodore 64)

First game that's not in the VGChartz database. This game is about as old as me (25 years) and holds a special place in my heart as I used to play this constantly on my old tape based Amstrad CPC. This game really pushed my imagination with it's sheer size and scale. You control B.L.O.B (Bio-Logically Operated Being) whose ship has crash-landed on planet and the crash has disrupted the planets core. In order to stabilise the planet and leave, you have to collect different ship components spread across the planet and bring them back together. Of course, the planets lifeforms see you as hostile and try to kill you.

This game had so many different elements, especially for a game made in 1985. Teleporters (where you had to remember the name of each location to type in), hover boards and BLOB has the ability to build his own platforms to climb. The only problem I had was the game was too damn hard as the component locations kept shifting with each new game and the place you had to take them also shifted. The play area was absolutely massive as seen here (too big to post):

http://maps.speccy.cz/map.php?id=Starquake