By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

50: Gotcha Force- GC

Ah such sweet memories with this game being my first gamecube game doesn't hurt either to. Simple beat-um up gameplay mixed with a great varity of borgs to choose from with diffrent styles to fight with from close-up to gunners to gaint robots to tanks to aircrafts to superheros to support to dragons to airships to suicide bombers and so on. Hard to desrcibe the game with a picture so a video will do with music from the game that is still stuck in my head sitll this day.

Former something....

Around the Network

Okay. So I posted my number 49.

Turrican!

"49. Turrican

Loved this game. Lots. That's all there is to say really. Amazing soundtrack too!

Here's a 1 Hour 30 Minutes longplay video for people interested enough to watch a bit of gameplay. Don't watch it all, obviously... Unless you need to fap!"

Edit.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

49. Dynasty Warriors 2 (PS2)

Probably the best in the series, Dynasty Warriors 2 was unique. It engrossed you into it's charming settings and wonderful music. It was the first PS2 game I played and one of the main reason why I wanted a PS2 but it's only until Dynasty Warriors 4 that I finally decided to get one. Dynasty Warriors 4 was a great game but I have more souvenirs related to the second entry in the franchise.

48. Age of Empires (PC)

One of my first RTS, Age of Empires gave me hours of fun. It introduced me to the genre and made me love it. And what an amazing soundtrack!

Scoobes said:
Ninpanda said:

49. ActRaiser - SNES

Sure, developing a city for your people to live in is incredibly satisfying, but the real reason, why ActRaiser is so great is... Well, you're God. And you. Kick. Ass! Even if you're an atheist, you gotta admit, that's pretty bad-ass.

And the soundtrack? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, that it's one of the best of all time. Take a listen for yourself, if you don't believe me.

This game sounds awesome. May have to have a look on VC.

Strongly recommended. 'Tis one of the best 3rd party games on the Virtual Console, if not even the best.

The only complaints I have about ActRaiser are the slightly annoying controls in the action stages (You can't change directions mid-jump) and that there is a pretty huge difficulty spike near the end of the game.

Around the Network

We might want to set up some official time zone. The 13th started only an hour ago for me and some people are already posting 48!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Oh so we share out list here as well?

Number 50) is Final Fantasy XII

Number 49) is LittleBigPlanet.

Personally I cannot be stuffed giving explanations as to why these games are list right now but as I get closer to my Top 10, let say around about Top 20, that is when I'll start explaining why they're there.

darthdevidem01 said:

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways.

Then how come I just found them awkward and unuseable?

CrankyStroming said:
darthdevidem01 said:

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways.

Then how come I just found them awkward and unuseable?

You tell me

I have heard no critic or gamer describe the controls like that before.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

My #49: GoW: Chains of Olympus

Although it's the worst GoW, it's still good enough to be in my Top50

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3