By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Time for my 49th game...making the written part now.

I'm lucky Rolstoppable isn't in this thread!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Just posted my 49:

No. 49: God of War II (PS2, HD remake on PS3)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/6078/god-of-war-ii/

Sequel to the gloriously epic hack n' slash God of War. The God of War series is filled with amazing action gameplay, brutal and gory combos, massive boss battles and epic scale. This is my fave of the series (although I've yet to play God of War III). The story is told well but what really impressed me was just how far they managed to push the PS2 hardware and how brilliant the level design was. Awesome game.

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

I was surprised by how much I liked this Zelda game.....I hadn't liked a Zelda game this much since Wind Waker. And yes its another controversial game!

Spirit Tracks was a breath of fresh air for me, at the time all I did on my DS was play point and click adventure games or JRPG's.....Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways. The whole "train controlling" thing was seen as a gimmick by lots of people I know, but I LOVED it....and I LOVED the music while you were on the train. Then Zelda was actually pretty useful in this game....using and directing her added an extra element to the game and made the puzzles more fun!!

It even used the microphone which was used as a "ocarina"....I actually had trouble with this and annoyed Khuutra over it.

This was the zelda game I was waiting for since Wind Waker.......everything just clicked....great music, good enough story, charming style, FUN puzzles, a new type of overworld vehicle!!

9/10

Fav song:

Overworld Theme

darthdevidem01 said:

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

I was surprised by how much I liked this Zelda game.....I hadn't liked a Zelda game this much since Wind Waker. And yes its another controversial game!

Spirit Tracks was a breath of fresh air for me, at the time all I did on my DS was play point and click adventure games or JRPG's.....Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways. The whole "train controlling" thing was seen as a gimmick by lots of people I know, but I LOVED it....and I LOVED the music while you were on the train. Then Zelda was actually pretty useful in this game....using and directing her added an extra element to the game and made the puzzles more fun!!

It even used the microphone which was used as a "ocarina"....I actually had trouble with this and annoyed Khuutra over it.

This was the zelda game I was waiting for since Wind Waker.......everything just clicked....great music, good enough story, charming style, FUN puzzles, a new type of overworld vehicle!!

9/10

Fav song:

Overworld Theme

How's it compare to Phantom Hourglass? The Zelda games are what make me regret not getting a DS.

Scoobes said:

How's it compare to Phantom Hourglass? The Zelda games are what make me regret not getting a DS.

I though Spirit Tracks was better than Phantom hourglass (I'd give PH a 8.5)

Phantom Hourglass is also good though, but it had a few issues that were too annoying....like having to go through the SAME DUNGEON AGAIN AND AGAIN...just to get to the "new floors" that opened up....there should've been some portal that took you to the "new floors" instead of making users go through the previous floors again.

Really the best thing about Phantom Hourglass was getting on the boat and sailing for the first time with the Zelda theme in the background......so nostalgic....so amazing....its a real wow moment.....I loved every moment of sailing in this game. The game uses the touch screen in good ways....stories okay enough.

Its just apart from the sailing bit Spirit Tracks did everything else better....

Around the Network

I fondly recall the sim games of the late eighties/early nineties. Alongside Will Wright's brilliant contributions was Aerobiz and Aerobiz: Supersonic, both featuring great music, challenging campaigns and, most importantly, fun and addictive simulation. Aerobiz placed you in charge of your own airline; you were to manage and operate your airline from opening routes to buying planes to micromanaging your ticket prices. Though it may not have been as encompassing as similar games like SimCity, Aerobiz offered tonnes of fun and replayibility.

Did I mention that there was 4-player competitive multiplayer?

The #50 of Dtewi: FINAL FANTASY IV

Also, Smeags, I hope you know that this thread will probably be at least 4000 posts long

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

The #50 of Dtewi: FINAL FANTASY IV

Also, Smeags, I hope you know that this thread will probably be at least 4000 posts long

Oh goodness, that's one large picture. I hope it's not in the... oh goodness it's in the Official thread too! Don't blow up the website Dtewi!

@latter part of your post

Why yes, yes I do! (man, I wish that VGbucks were still in place...)

Maybe a restiction on picture size is needed.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

50. God of War II - PS2

I really enjoyed this game from start to finish. Everything is done so well and it's one exciting ride from start to finish. I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes action games!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.