By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Khuutra said:

Number 50

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the apotheosis of its own series, excess taken to extremes and subtlety in places you would never expect to find it. The best and most interactive stealth gameplay in the series, excellent and textured combat mechanics, the ability to get past almost any fight without killing anyone, and what are still some of the best boss fights of all time. Metal Gear Solid 3 was a game where almost anything could have gone wrong and very few things actually did. From beginning to end, MGS3 is the end-all and be-all of Hideo Kojima's legacy, the embodiment of everything he ever did right.

Good choice, it is a fabulous game and deserves to be on the list!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Nice #50 Carl. WarCraft II was also my first foray into the WarCraft universe. Terrific game, but I also never owned it (had to go over to my friends to play it. )

The Horde was so cool. Death Knights, Dragons, and Giant turtle submarines? Heck yeah!

So much love for that game.

And I always preferred the Horde too!

Khuutra said:

Number 50

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the apotheosis of its own series, excess taken to extremes and subtlety in places you would never expect to find it. The best and most interactive stealth gameplay in the series, excellent and textured combat mechanics, the ability to get past almost any fight without killing anyone, and what are still some of the best boss fights of all time. Metal Gear Solid 3 was a game where almost anything could have gone wrong and very few things actually did. From beginning to end, MGS3 is the end-all and be-all of Hideo Kojima's legacy, the embodiment of everything he ever did right.

Interesting. That's the exact same game, that I was gonna start off my list with. (I'll post it later today.)

darthdevidem01 said:
Boutros said:

Good choice darth. I eventually decided not to include FFXII in my list but it was a rather enjoyable game indeed.

My list:

Super Mario World

Good choice yourself!!

I Love that game!!!

It was the first game I ever played!

My first aswell. Let's just say it will show up on down the road for me.

Glad to see it included:)

#50 Kingdom Hearts 2. I played this on pc emulator with upped resolution and it is a visual masterpiece. This game I put at 50 for several reasons. This is the last game I've beaten so it could go up or down. In the future.

I enjoyed it much more over the original. The battlesystem improved, is still button mashy, but for me it felt like the battle system flowed well. IMO the difficulty/upgrading AP system fit what would be the target audience of the game. There are some absolutely fantastic worlds that I loved such as TRON, Timeless River. And the dialogue between Sora Donald and Goofy is some of the funniest dialogue I've seen in a game. And this game is pure fun. The gummi ship is addictive. The story is odd and I enjoyed it... I don't really remember what happened but I found it cute, or cutely confusing.

The game lasts a bit too long and in my opinion the magic starts to wear off towards the end. And there are a few worlds they maybe shouldn't have included. Also, imo the final fantasy characters feel a bit out of place as in KH1 (as much as I love Yuffie) and they should have just stuck to Nomura/Disney Characters.  Maybe I will like BBS more because of this (I have not played yet)

Around the Network

I didn't realise we'd be posting them in here as well... So...

50. Mario Kart Wii.

Loved by many, hated by some, Mario Kart Wii gets a place on my list because I still regularly play it over two and a half years since it's release. It brought online multiplayer to the series on home consoles, where people who thought they were a God at MK suddenly realised that some 14 year old in Japan could murder them blindfolded...

VGChartz

No. 50 is up! 

It's been 11 long years since I played this game and I barely remember what it was about.  I just remember it being awesome and way too short.  Where the hell are the 3rd party N64 games on the VC?  Oh, how I regret selling my N64 and all my games.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

darthdevidem01 said:
Scoobes said:

Just posted my first one and I'm already thinking whether it should have been at 49 or not, lol.

Tell us what your game is in this thread too

Thats why its a discussion thread...lol

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

It was between this, Age of Empires 3 and the soon to be revealed no. 49 game in my list.

Good choice on FFXII. It was among the numerous games I was thinking of but eventually had to say no to.

Stupid question, but how do we post pics?

So I posted my #50: Gears of War

One of four 360 games in my Top50.

Btw, Black Ops won't be included in my list although it has a good chance of getting into it. I didn't have enough time to play it, so far.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3