By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

ishiki said:
ishiki said:

#23 Final Fantasy XIII

Might get heckled a bit. This game was the most addicting game for me since pokemon. This is the first game I've ever had a 100 hr in playthrough. (don't normally do sidequest first time) This game is odd for a Final Fantasy. It essentially is a dungeon crawler with really pretty cutscenes.

The huge positive for me with this was the battlesystem. The battlesystem is my favorite out of any JRPG by a fair margin.  Also this for me is the hardest FF other than the FFIV DS remake... so for me this made the battles more fun.

Positives
Battle-System
Crystarium System
The music was my favorite since Final Fantasy 8.
The artstyle is my favorite out of any Final Fantasy
The World and Lore was good imo. The story, and the way it presented wasn't
Lightning, Vanille, Fang, Sahz, Serah, dadj (I forgot how to spell)

Negatives.
Story while it had potential and is interesting, it falters at almost every point it has to gain momentum.
The Dialogue was a step back from 12... and imo 10 as well.
Hope Though developed, he sucks
Snow is Lebron James
Basically every character not a fal'cie or the ones I listed in positives.
Not enough mini-games

Basically, A really fun game, to use characters to whack bad guys with really pretty graphics music and cutscenes. It has a lot a flaws, but I really had blast playing it. And Plan to play it again in a year or two.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

@Ninpanda

I've yet to play Mega Man 3...I guess I should.

And now, for something completely different:

#45 Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC)

"Journey to the Giant Egg"

I bought a GameBoy Color for this game. I think it's the fourth Zelda game I played. Ocarina of Time was marvelous but I still loved 2D Zelda so this game was a definite buy!

It's one of the most challenging Zelda games I've played, mostly because I got lost the whole time...

"How do you get lost when you have a map!?" Pah, there's nothing I can't do!

Link's Awakening offered the great gameplay that I've come to expect from Zelda games with some clever dungeons and puzzles that made me scream sometimes. And yes, that's a positive thing. I like when games are challenging in a non-cheap way and that's what this game is. It's been a while since I last played it so maybe I'd finish things quicker if I replayed it...

#44 Diablo II (PC)

"Go to Hell!"

The first Diablo was fun but felt stale after a while. The sequel on the other hand was 4 times bigger with more characters, more items, more...everything!

I have played Diablo II so many times and if I were to fire it up right now I would have a great time. It's just that good. The gameplay is as solid as it gets and with all the new classes, skills and weaponry there are tons of different ways to find variation in the game. It only does everything!

While it's not the ultimate build (far from it!) I had much fun with my sword-sorceress. She kicked some serious butt with her offensive spells and customised Crystal sword.

^^ Thread wrecker!

Signature goes here!

Sorry I am to edit but having trouble

EDIT My browser crashes every time I try to  Edit.

hikaruchan happybirthday... but you like breaking threads haha, that's twice now

Around the Network

Ahh... such a broken thread...

Again? Lame sauce. -_-

Go Forest Spirit go! Bump us to the next page while catching up!

I wish I could replace some games at the lower end of my top 50 because I just remembered some games last week that should be in there. !__!

Smeags said:

Again? Lame sauce. -_-

Go Forest Spirit go! Bump us to the next page while catching up!

be nice its hikaru chan's birthday, he can break a thread for once >_>

Damn there's about 20 more posts before the new page.... and yes I'm a baaaaaaaaaaad dinosaur and I'm way behind in my list.

Signature goes here!