By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 can still finish in first place.

perpride said:

Dear VGChart members of 2008. I'm visiting you from the future.

The day is November 2, 2010. The Wii has completely obliterated all competition. Sales have left MS and Sony in the dust and forced constant restructuring and pricing of their consoles. There is already a 360 & PS3 Slim. It's to the point where both companies have been forced to take on motion controls.

future 2020 PS4 is 40m units ahead of them comp, and looking back 35m is not obliterating the competition when 360 and PS3 have both past the Wii in worldwide sells and all 3 are still on the market and all consoles are selling 80m units a yr.

wow the furture is bright.

funny

Around the Network

Maybe we should create a fantasy fanboy forum so they can discuss what's possible based on their wet dreams. That way the rest of us can go about with rational discussion.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

The OP is delusional, the talk of a PS4 by 2012 is insane. 

To sum up this thread is ludicrous speculation. Just stop it!! lol

gottalovethis said:

The OP is delusional, the talk of a PS4 by 2012 is insane. 

To sum up this thread is ludicrous speculation. Just stop it!! lol

i'll side with you on this one although i've backed the op on most things.

PS4 in 2012? pure delusion

Grimes said:

Maybe we should create a fantasy fanboy forum so they can discuss what's possible based on their wet dreams. That way the rest of us can go about with rational discussion.

whts rational? politiocians don't even know that one lol!

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Grimes said:

I wouldn't use politicians as a guide for rational.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Grimes said:

I wouldn't use politicians as a guide for rational.

me either. they have no idea wht there doing. the reason i'm not voting today is because theres not independents running in Louisiana!

a fantasy thread would do no good cause of wht you see here, so the fantasy is gone. i use logic. (and although it may not seem like it if you look at my post in this thread)

its just a sells reversal. now looking at it like that its possible, but not logical. remember theres still 6 yrs left in this gen.

just look at it as Sony selling as well as Nintendo has and Nintendo selling as low as PS3 did in the beginning.

i'm not making any justifications for the arguments in this thread.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

me either. they have no idea wht there doing. the reason i'm not voting today is because theres not independents running in Louisiana!

a fantasy thread would do no good cause of wht you see here, so the fantasy is gone. i use logic. (and although it may not seem like it if you look at my post in this thread)

its just a sells reversal. now looking at it like that its possible, but not logical. remember theres still 6 yrs left in this gen.

just look at it as Sony selling as well as Nintendo has and Nintendo selling as low as PS3 did in the beginning.

So next gen begins in 2016? I'd be willing to take my first ever bet on VGChartz that either Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo will release a new system before that.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

So next gen begins in 2016? I'd be willing to take my first ever bet on VGChartz that either Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo will release a new system before that.

yea 2014 in my opinion. current gen console will continue to be on the market ur just trying to be funny. anyway checkout my new thread with Ted Price on that California law that may cost us this very topic?

TruckOSaurus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Nintendo will likely release before that, but imo its a mistake to think that this forces Sony and Microsoft to jump with N. the reason is because whatever N pushes next could likely be less powerful than the PS3 and 360, so that it can compete on the same price scale.

thus Sony and Microsoft might decide not to release new consoles either, because the install bases of their current consoles are imo too low to suggest a new console would reach the same level of success. considering the amount of money both companies have spent on hardware, software, manufacturing, manpower, etc.

not to mention its expensive for current gen developers to work with the existing tech, it puts both in a very veneruble position if they choose to release again soon.

my theory is that PS3 and 360 will remain on the market about 4 - 5 years, Microsoft i'm not so sure, as their counting on the success of Kinect, which imo isnt enought to prolong another 5 years, Sony are in the perfect position to usurp Nintendo should they release again, because they will have the advantage of lead platform development, motion control, blu ray etc, and imo neither Microsoft or Sony want to slug it out but cutting off their current consoles and release again with the same sceneario in the next 2 years. both have worked too hard imo to abandon ship and start again.