By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your top 3 favorite not Final Fantasy JRPG.

1) Golden Sun: The Lost Age

2) Star Ocean: Till the end of time

3) Tales of the Abyss

honorable mentions

Golden Sun, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Rouge Galaxy, Tales of Symphonia, Grandia 1-3, Valkyrie Profile 1&2

Around the Network

This is a tough one because I one to meany RPGs but I will list my favorite RPG series other then FF and some Games to.

in no particular order

• Tales
  • Suikoden
  • Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, Persona, Grandia, Ar tonelico, SMT

Other Awesome series that I love

• Atelier
  • Dark Cloud/ Dark Chronicle 
  • Valkyrie Profile
  • Lunar
  • Wild Arms
  • Birth of Fire
  • Phantasy Star
  • .hack
  • .Hack//GU

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Chrono trigger

secret of mana (well nowadays jrpgs are very action rpgs...)

mario RPG

(earthbound, Breath of fire, suidoken, paper mario, GB FFs (technically they are saga series), Legend of gaia, Secret of evermore, Vagrant story (never finished this and I believe I corupted my savefile :x), etc etc) so many good ones... all preHD gen (I did like LO)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

1. Persona

2. Kingdom Hearts

3. Odin Sphere

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Secret of Mana

3. Kingdom Hearts

Around the Network

This isn't really a tough one for me, given that my Top 5 games of all time is populated with JRPGS, with the exception of Diablo 2.

1 - Lufia 2
2 - Parasite Eve
3 - Panzer Dragoon Saga

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Tales of Vesperia

Tales of the Abyss

and Tales of Vesperia. Again. Actually, Tales of Vesperia is all the top 3. Because it rules Tales games with an iron fist. No other tales has even come remotely close to questioning it's dominion . . .

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@OP, if it isn't too much work, pls count how many times titles have been mentioned in this thread and give us a top 10 or top 15 list or something. Maybe give 3 points for titles mentioned in 1st position, 2 points for those mentioned in 2nd position & 1 point for those mentioned in 3rd position.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs