By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your top 3 favorite not Final Fantasy JRPG.

1.Paper mario 1/2

2. Kingdom hearts 1/2

3. The world ends with you

-

Around the Network
nordlead said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I've lost count of how many times I've played through Earthbound now I plan on starting that tradition with Mother 3.

I seriously need to try Mother 2. Granted it'll have to go down as another one of those few old games that I've played illegally.

Yeah... though you could be like me and buy a legit copy eventually under older laws it was fine to have a digital copy of a game in case anything happens to the original, not sure if those rules apply anymore I know a lot of changes happened.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

1) Kingdom Hearts II

2) Kingdom Hearts

3) Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.

Done. Easy.

I've already listed mine, but I'm really surprised at the lack of Secret of Mana, Terranigma or any Ogre Battle games in people's lists

#1 ~ Xenogears: My absolute favorite RPG, period. Where it lacks in customization and character development mechanics which are areas Final Fantasy is known to excell in, it more then makes up for it substance and depth of story, which is unparalleled.

#2 ~ Chrono Trigger: It's just a magical little game. The gameplay is perfect in every way, the story is deep and rewarding to complete every way possible, the combat and developmental systems are simple but deep, and it's just visually stunning. Atmosphere is key with CT, it's an amazing adventure.

#3 ~ Dragon Quest VIII: What's not to love about DQ8? It keeps the great traditional turn based gameplay the series is built on and gives it a wonderful facelift. It's challenging and extremely fun to just wander through the world exploring all the nooks and hidden areas. The story may not be as strong as some other JRPGs but where it lacks depth it makes up for it in character, the American localizations wonderful voice acting is icing on the cake for a polished experience.

Around the Network

mhmm hard one :P Its hard to pick just 1 game of a series xD

Persona 2/3/4

Kingdom hearts

Tales of

Special mentions for Dark cloud/chronicle, chrono trigger and DQ.

1) Grandia - that's a masterpiece

2) Tactics Ogre - it's a SRPG, but I really like it

3) Ghost Lion - !!!!

This is my list (with games that I have completed only):

1. Shining the Holy Ark (SAT)

2. Shining Force III - Scenario I (SAT)

3. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)

MaxwellGT2000 said:
nordlead said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I've lost count of how many times I've played through Earthbound now I plan on starting that tradition with Mother 3.

I seriously need to try Mother 2. Granted it'll have to go down as another one of those few old games that I've played illegally.

Yeah... though you could be like me and buy a legit copy eventually under older laws it was fine to have a digital copy of a game in case anything happens to the original, not sure if those rules apply anymore I know a lot of changes happened.

The thing is, though, that buying games that are this old just for doing it the legal way is silly, because these laws exist to help the companies financially, because pirating games can take revenue away from them.
However, pirating games that are 10 years old don't really do anything for these companies, because they have already stopped making these games, so if you pirate the games it won't hurt the companies.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
nordlead said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

The thing is, though, that buying games that are this old just for doing it the legal way is silly, because these laws exist to help the companies financially, because pirating games can take revenue away from them.
However, pirating games that are 10 years old don't really do anything for these companies, because they have already stopped making these games, so if you pirate the games it won't hurt the companies.

Mother 3 is all of 4 years old and could technically find a stateside release via the 3DS virtual handheld, which would please me to no end and I would buy everyone a copy so long as I could afford it lol but downloading that illegally could take away from revenue from VC/VH releases

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000