By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision Expects "Big Sales" For GoldenEye Wii

"Seriously I haven't seen any ads for it yet"

There are ads. See the threads for them.

And online hype doesn't translate into sales, nor does lack of hype mean lack of sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

@Mr. T-tar  where are you from???? ive seen more ads for Conduit than any other 3rd party game ever, billboards, magazines, TV you name it

I doubt it

Big sales when Black ops releases in the same week? I don't think so. That's a bad plan right there, BAD. Makes me wonder if the people at Activision are retards..

-PaNdOrA- said:

From VideoGamer:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GoldenEye 007, the Wii-imagining of the classic N64 FPS based on the James Bond movie of the same name, will be one of the year's biggest sellers on Wii, Activision has claimed.

"Our expectations are that GoldenEye 007 will be one of the best-selling games for the year on the Wii," David Tyler, general manager for the firm's Licensed Business Unit told MCV.

Such a claim will see the game having to rival the likes of Just Dance (1 and 2), Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. and Wii Party.

GoldenEye 007 will be released for Wii on November 2, 2010.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But no mention of DKCR as a possible big player?

Either way, I'm pretty interested in this. The return of the health and armor bar as a possible option is great news for me.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

i seriously doubt it will sell that well :/

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

I think the game looks very solid and seems to have some really nice touches to it. However when it releases just 4 days before Black Ops, that's a big mistake. I will get both on day of release, but I know which one I'm looking forward to most, and it ain;t Goldeneye.

I honestly don't know what Activision are thinking releasing this alongside another FPS, and one which has a bigger player count, online co-op and voice chat - not to mention one of the biggest advertising budgets of the year.

I think Goldeneye has the potential to do a million over time, but it could have had a better launch if Activision hadn't put it up against the biggest FPS out there.

amp316 said:

How many Wii games released this year have done well?  Not many.

Nope, it's pretty much just been Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Party and (to a lesser extent) Monster Hunter Tri.  I think about everything else of note (Xenoblade, DQM Battle Road Victory, Other M, Kirby, NMH2, Red Steel 2, Trauma Team, Basara 3, Sin & Punishment, etc) has been a bit disappointing at the least, even if expected in some cases.  I expect Goldeneye to fall into the latter camp too.

The Mario All-Stars reissue has done well though, if you count that.  And some WiiWare titles (Cave Story, MegaMan 10, Bit.Trip Runner, etc) as well.

bazmeistergen said:

This game, if advertised during Prime Time, will sell well. If not, it will perhaps creep to a million.

That's what I reckon, at least.

Looking forward to getting on this over the next few weeks.

This right here. This is really what I'm most curious about. If they want this game to do well they wil have to prime time advertise it. If not it could very well be cannibalized by Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now while they won't advertise Wii footage of BO they will have the logo up in the ads I think and it will ride the wave come it's launch the way the others did. The only way to really off set that would be to decently advertise GE and that doesn't mean midnight only ads on a few cable channels.

When was the last time Activision ever advertised a Wii game? If ever?

NeoStar9 said:

When was the last time Activision ever advertised a Wii game? If ever?

I see lots of Guitar Hero and Cabela's _____ Hunter advertising actually.  Activision might fail hard when it comes to promoting CoD Wii, but they're not so bad elsewhere.