By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rumor: Apple to make huge acquisition, possibly Sony

Really? That would be pretty big. I read that Apple has like $50 billion to spend, how much would it cost to buy 51% of Sony's shares? Anybody out there knows?

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Really? That would be pretty big. I read that Apple has like $50 billion to spend, how much would it cost to buy 51% of Sony's shares? Anybody out there knows?

$17.26 billion at Sony's current share price.

"Introducing the PlayStation 4! Only 799 US Dollars!"

hum

but what will be the use for apple to purchase Sony ...

ipad/iphone/ipod is all they need !

Time to Work !

More likely to be Disney.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Severance said:

i would believe it if its the other way around >_>;

Except that Apple is far bigger than Sony...

Apple :

Computer hardware
Computer software
Consumer electronics
Digital distribution

Sony :

Products Consumer & professional electronic equipments
Communication & information-related equipments
Semiconductor
Electronic devices & components
Battery
Chemicals
Sony Pictures Entertainment
Sony Music
Sony Computer Entertainment
PlayStation
Blu-ray

its not about who is more successful, it would be a very dumb move for Sony to do it while they already have a brand on lots of things that Apple doesn't have.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

If they were to buy Sony I guess next gen I'm going with Microsoft's console. I refuse to support apple.

And thus, the PSP2 became the iPhone 5...

VGChartz

Arcturus said:
haxxiy said:

That's unexpected. Apple could very well do it then. I figure they'd be interested on Sony's TVs and the PS brand besides like a million patents. There would still be money enough for them to aim at IBM for instance...

I don't think it will happen though. There is a chance, but it would be very surprising indeed.

haxxiy said:
Arcturus said:
haxxiy said:

Oh man, Apple could very well do it then. I figure they'd be interested on Sony's TVs and the PS brand besides like a million patents. There would still be money enough for them to aim at IBM for instance...

I think IBM is a bit more out of reach than Sony :)   IBM's market cap is currently $174 billion.