By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation Move Vs. Xbox 360 Kinect: Metacritic

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Biggest-Loser-Ultimate-Workout/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80254510859

adrenalin misfits (kinect)

mM
Around the Network
Seece said:
Hapimeses said:
Seece said:
Hapimeses said:
Seece said:

Because this is for SW specifically create with motion in mind, or like I said, part of the move set up. I may have got Eyepet wrong but I thought it was pretty eyetoy focused? If it isn't I'll remove it. This isn't about which library is better, and which has the best SW, because those games absoloutely count, it's about what the main move/kinect games rate.

I care nothing for better libraries or similar, I was just interested in your choices. In particular, I don't understand what you mean by 'motion in mind' -- to me, that term applies to both games equally -- that said, yes, EyePet uses the Eye -- but so do many non-Move games.

I don't understand why you'd add EyePet, but not Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain has been rewritten from the ground up to include Move, and it's now completely different, for all it's exactly the same underlying game -- it hasn't just had Move tagged on an as afterthought. If anything, I would say you had EyePet correct, but Heavy Rain wrong, rather than the other way around. There is a reason the game has been repackaged and reissued: it's very different (and it also saves having to download gigs of data at a time for new players!).

But, as I said before, it doesn't really matter. It's just a list after all. But I was intrigued as to your choices.

Means they specifically have Move (or the eyetoy, which I take as part of the move set up and rather important to it)  as the sole purpose of the game. I don't believe Heavy Rain was this, it was built as a core game, and however well Move has been implemented into it, it has been tacked on, that's not to say it's a bad thing though.

Like I said before, I want to track games specifically made for each set up, where the only focus is the motion control. I added eyepet because of it's eyetoy focus and now being move enabled.

Fair enough. It's a nonsense arguement to me -- especially as Heavy Rain uses Move better than EyePet, and certainly more intuatively, and is 100% Move enabled, t'boot -- but whatever suits you. By your odd definition you'd also best remove Hustle Kings and High Velocity Bowling.

I have to say that it kinda defeats the point of listing games that can be played by only using the motion controllers of each platform without the need for additional support from other sources, as you are ignoring games that fit that description, but are excluded for a seemingly odd reason.

It's pretty clear cut to me, but then I knew certain people would be pissed due to those high scores not bolstering the line up.

The list is for games that are built from the ground up with the motion controller set up (or eyetoy). It's not difficult to get. I've already said these lists arnt based on overall SW for the controllers or quality of library, I just want to track how the content being specifically made for these controller schemes pans out, there is no need for your incesent whining and condescending tone, and as you may have noticed, I have no idea what most of those move games are, so if you want me to remove the ones you don't think fit in the same vein as heavy rain, then I suggest you stop telling me too without actually naming them. thanks.

Right, so you're turning to passively insulting me. Thanks. No, really, very kind of you.

All I asked were some questions because I didn't understand your choices -- and I still don't; they still seem arbitrary and without any significant point -- and I provided some links to games I thought may help. Then, when you explained yourself, I suggested two games be removed from your list (one of which there is a decent counter point to, as listed above). However, you seem to have taken offense to this and turned on me. In particular, this shows you're not even reading what I'm writing to you:

'then I suggest you stop telling me too without actually naming them'

Did you read my post you replied to? I did name them. Both of them, in fact. Don't start making accusations and demands without reading the posts you are referring to first.

Really, chill. Take a deep breath. I have no agenda here. I actually came here to give a hand where I could, and I've had my head bitten off by an oversensitive poster.

In short: I'd rather you didn't project your fears upon me. I'm neither pissed nor concerned about high scores or low scores or whatever else is bothering you. All I was chatting about was what I saw as an odd distinction that you seemed to create all by yourself to make a point I did not understand.

I shouldn't have bothered asking. You clearly have an agenda here, and anything that goes against it, even when it is not aimed as such, will be shouted down.

Game Party: In Motion

Price: $39.99

Date: Nov. 18

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 The Videogame

Price: $49.99

Date: Nov. 16

The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout

Date: Nov. 4

EA Sports Active 2

Price: $99.95 and comes with a heart rate monitor

Date: Nov. 16

Zumba Fitness

Date: Nov. 18

DECA Sports Freedom

Price: N/A

Date: "Holiday"

Adrenalin Misfits

Date: Nov. 4

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Seece said:
cory.ok said:

so if games will be developed for DS3 controllers but also add move support in for anyone who wants to play with the move, you wouldnt add them?

one of the things that will make move able to compete well (as i said in my previous post) will be its ability to be easily implemented into many games, how can you ignore this?

How can you ignore the big bulk of posts that just explained this.

you would like to focus on games specifically designed with move in mind, i didnt ignore them, though i do question it.  move exclusive games will be far and few between because it will be easy for developers to add move support to games developed for DS3, and likewise, easy for many move developed games to add DS3 support.

it is one of the strengths of moves ability to easy produce a motion controlled lineup of games against kinect, which is why it shouldnt be ignored

kinect will only have sole motion sensor games because it is very limited in the games that can take advantage of it.  move is very unlimited in the games that support can be added to, which will mean that many games will add DS3 support for many move games (or the other way around) because theres no reason not to.  by not adding games that also allow DS3 support, you'll be making one of moves greatest strengths into a weakness (at least as far as your little list is concerned), not because of any technical limitation, but because of your own bias.

what's the point of this? If the Wii is any indicator, scores don't matter for these types of games. Wii Play is a 58 on Meta, and it sold 28M. 

So obviously scores don't matter behind the buying influence of people for these games

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:
Seece said:

It's pretty clear cut to me, but then I knew certain people would be pissed due to those high scores not bolstering the line up.

The list is for games that are built from the ground up with the motion controller set up (or eyetoy). It's not difficult to get. I've already said these lists arnt based on overall SW for the controllers or quality of library, I just want to track how the content being specifically made for these controller schemes pans out, there is no need for your incesent whining and condescending tone, and as you may have noticed, I have no idea what most of those move games are, so if you want me to remove the ones you don't think fit in the same vein as heavy rain, then I suggest you stop telling me too without actually naming them. thanks.

Right, so you're turning to passively insulting me. Thanks. No, really, very kind of you.

All I asked were some questions because I didn't understand your choices -- and I still don't; they still seem arbitrary and without any significant point -- and I provided some links to games I thought may help. Then, when you explained yourself, I suggested two games be removed from your list (one of which there is a decent counter point to, as listed above). However, you seem to have taken offense to this and turned on me. In particular, this shows you're not even reading what I'm writing to you:

'then I suggest you stop telling me too without actually naming them'

Did you read my post you replied to? I did name them. Both of them, in fact. Don't start making accusations and demands without reading the posts you are referring to first.

Really, chill. Take a deep breath. I have no agenda here. I actually came here to give a hand where I could, and I've had my head bitten off by an oversensitive poster.

In short: I'd rather you didn't project your fears upon me. I'm neither pissed nor concerned about high scores or low scores or whatever else is bothering you. All I was chatting about was what I saw as an odd distinction that you seemed to create all by yourself to make a point I did not understand.

I shouldn't have bothered asking. You clearly have an agenda here, and anything that goes against it, even when it is not aimed as such, will be shouted down.

I'm perfectly calm and explained myself pretty well the first time, I could have done without your opinion on whether you thought it was a good idea or not, and yes, you come across as condescending if I'm honest. Neither did I bite your head off, you're going a bit OTT.

I have no agender, nor do I need to "shout you down", I explained myself which is more than I had to do, if you don't like it then I'm afraid you'll have to lump it!

BMaker11 said:

what's the point of this? If the Wii is any indicator, scores don't matter for these types of games. Wii Play is a 58 on Meta, and it sold 28M. 

So obviously scores don't matter behind the buying influence of people for these games

It's not about the sales, or I would have added a sales bar.

cory.ok said:
Seece said:
cory.ok said:

so if games will be developed for DS3 controllers but also add move support in for anyone who wants to play with the move, you wouldnt add them?

one of the things that will make move able to compete well (as i said in my previous post) will be its ability to be easily implemented into many games, how can you ignore this?

How can you ignore the big bulk of posts that just explained this.

you would like to focus on games specifically designed with move in mind, i didnt ignore them, though i do question it.  move exclusive games will be far and few between because it will be easy for developers to add move support to games developed for DS3, and likewise, easy for many move developed games to add DS3 support.

it is one of the strengths of moves ability to easy produce a motion controlled lineup of games against kinect, which is why it shouldnt be ignored

kinect will only have sole motion sensor games because it is very limited in the games that can take advantage of it.  move is very unlimited in the games that support can be added to, which will mean that many games will add DS3 support for many move games (or the other way around) because theres no reason not to.  by not adding games that also allow DS3 support, you'll be making one of moves greatest strengths into a weakness (at least as far as your little list is concerned), not because of any technical, or limitation, but because of your own bias.

It has nothing to do with my bias, if Fable 3 still had Kinect support I wouldn't have added that either. Don't come up with your conspiracy theorys to settle your point. You expect this list to be an overall list of games that support Move and Kinect, it isn't, I already explained that and why I've made it this way.

I guess the main problem with adding in games that have recently become 'move enabled' such as Heavy Rain and Resident Evil 5 etc. is that their reviews were based on a different control scheme.  If Metacritic had two scores then there shouldn't be a problem.

Seece said:
BMaker11 said:

It's not about the sales, or I would have added a sales bar.

I'm just saying. This entire generation, there's been debate about 3rd party, good games not selling, and casual games selling and blah blah blah. 

This gen is different from the past. Metascores don't matter. You can have the largest library in the world, and all the games are below 70, and they still sell millions *ahem*wii*ahem. 

Now, you're only talking about scores, and I understand that. But, for the target audience that Sony and Microsoft are going for, having a 90 game or a sub-50 game doesn't matter, because the "casuals" will buy regardless, hence why I said that comparing scores doesn't matter. 

Unless you're just, in the purest essence, just looking at scores. If I read too much into it, or interpreted too much, then my bad lol.

I just feel that for these games, scores don't matter so there's no point in looking at them