Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation Move Vs. Xbox 360 Kinect: Metacritic

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/45836/singstar-dance/

mM
Around the Network
Seece said:
Hapimeses said:
Seece said:
Hapimeses said:

I have to question including EyePet, but not Heavy Rain. What's the logic there?

I included Eyepet because it was a game that utilised part of the Move set up before move released.

Yes, EyePet had its silly 'magic card', and it made sense to immediately port it to Move as Move did the job better, but the same could be said of Heavy Rain with ease. It simply plays better on Move, and, much like EyePet, seems like it was always designed to be experienced that way, and not with the traditional alternatives. Indeed, I'd go as far to say HR is better integrated with Move than EyePet is by a significant margin. Both, to my eyes, have aspects in their initial iterations that were designed in such a fashion that makes Move seem the next obvious step, and I fail to see the distinction you make.

This is especially the case as Heavy Rain is being touted as a launch game in shops and on adverts, so it makes sense to add it. That said, it doesn't matter in the slightest, I just found your decision very odd. I could understand leaving EyePet out (especially as most of the reviews used would be for the non-Move iteration), but putting it in, and not putting Heavy Rain in, seems very odd to me.

Because this is for SW specifically create with motion in mind, or like I said, part of the move set up. I may have got Eyepet wrong but I thought it was pretty eyetoy focused? If it isn't I'll remove it. This isn't about which library is better, and which has the best SW, because those games absoloutely count, it's about what the main move/kinect games rate.

I care nothing for better libraries or similar, I was just interested in your choices. In particular, I don't understand what you mean by 'motion in mind' -- to me, that term applies to both games equally -- that said, yes, EyePet uses the Eye -- but so do many non-Move games.

I don't understand why you'd add EyePet, but not Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain has been rewritten from the ground up to include Move, and it's now completely different, for all it's exactly the same underlying game -- it hasn't just had Move tagged on an as afterthought. If anything, I would say you had EyePet correct, but Heavy Rain wrong, rather than the other way around. There is a reason the game has been repackaged and reissued: it's very different (and it also saves having to download gigs of data at a time for new players!).

But, as I said before, it doesn't really matter. It's just a list after all. But I was intrigued as to your choices.

leo-j said:

Wow! I had no idea! Call me gay but I've been wanting to get a singstar game for ages. Now might just be the time. Will make for a good weekend party game where I get to laugh at my drunk friends and brothers!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

should definitely add RE5, MAG, heavy rain, and all the others that added move support.  you shouldnt not add them just because they were made before.

part of what makes something like move, which had very little development costs, able to compete so well against something like kinect, which obviously innovates more but had very high development costs, is its ability to add support to games whether theyre new or old.

just because it wasnt developed with move in mind doesnt mean that it shouldnt be counted as a move game.  it was updated with move in mind and can be played with move so its a move game.

kinect cant be added to existing games because of its limitations, while move can be added to existing games.  its part of how move competes.  it has move support so it can be thought of as a move game.

btw i also suspect many future move games to support regular controllers, move seems easy to implement, along with regular controllers, so i dont see why many titles wont take advantage of both

Actually, looking at your list, you've made it less consistent by adding in more games of the type we are discussing.

I'd suggest either removing all the games that did not start as Move titles, or adding all Move titles in. As it stands you have a bizarre mixture of both, and you're left with little reasonable argument for why some are in, and some are out.

As an alternative, why not have two categories for PS3?

1) Games released for Move.

2) Games with Move patched in after?

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:
Seece said:

Because this is for SW specifically create with motion in mind, or like I said, part of the move set up. I may have got Eyepet wrong but I thought it was pretty eyetoy focused? If it isn't I'll remove it. This isn't about which library is better, and which has the best SW, because those games absoloutely count, it's about what the main move/kinect games rate.

I care nothing for better libraries or similar, I was just interested in your choices. In particular, I don't understand what you mean by 'motion in mind' -- to me, that term applies to both games equally -- that said, yes, EyePet uses the Eye -- but so do many non-Move games.

I don't understand why you'd add EyePet, but not Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain has been rewritten from the ground up to include Move, and it's now completely different, for all it's exactly the same underlying game -- it hasn't just had Move tagged on an as afterthought. If anything, I would say you had EyePet correct, but Heavy Rain wrong, rather than the other way around. There is a reason the game has been repackaged and reissued: it's very different (and it also saves having to download gigs of data at a time for new players!).

But, as I said before, it doesn't really matter. It's just a list after all. But I was intrigued as to your choices.

Means they specifically have Move (or the eyetoy, which I take as part of the move set up and rather important to it)  as the sole purpose of the game. I don't believe Heavy Rain was this, it was built as a core game, and however well Move has been implemented into it, it has been tacked on, that's not to say it's a bad thing though.

Like I said before, I want to track games specifically made for each set up, where the only focus is the motion control. I added eyepet because of it's eyetoy focus and now being move enabled.

hatmoza said:
leo-j said:

Wow! I had no idea! Call me gay but I've been wanting to get a singstar game for ages. Now might just be the time. Will make for a good weekend party game where I get to laugh at my drunk friends and brothers!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/08/singstar-dance-coming-november-9th-party-pack-details/

mM

I am like a fish, I will only play water based games from now on. Will Kinect work under water?

Tease.

Aren't RE5 and HR metacritic scores in the books already anyway?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

these come out soon

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/45828/john-dalys-prostroke-golf/

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/43964/tv-superstars/

mM