By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:

Castlevania 220K and Enslaved 120K combined platform sales in two weeks.

Wow, horrible and sad. Mammoth-like flops.

What were your expectations?

I believed big flop for Enslaved but not that huge. I would have thought double the sales by now. ~250K and that it would eventually crawl over 1 million.

Castlevania I thought would perform really well and have plus 5-600K copies after two weeks and be on track to do 2.5 million lifetime. I really thought it would sell over 1 million on each version, PS3 and X360.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:

I believed big flop for Enslaved but not that huge. I would have thought double the sales by now. ~250K and that it would eventually crawl over 1 million.

Castlevania I thought would perform really well and have plus 5-600K copies after two weeks and be on track to do 2.5 million lifetime. I really thought it would sell over 1 million on each version, PS3 and X360.

You are acting like people who called Heavenly Sword, LBP, Uncharted 1 flops based on their first 2 weeks.

This is a New IP (In the case of EnslaveD).....you cannot expect it to churn up massive numbers straight away, give it some time!

Hell even HAZE crawled to over 800K eventually!

Enslaved will waltz past 1.5 Million with ease......it has this holiday season, a decent word of mouth and its a new IP.

Castlevania is mildly disappointing in sales actually, but we should give it more time.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wonder if VGChartz is gonna adjust Halo Reach down to match NPD. It would break a few hearts, I'm sure.

darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:

You are acting like people who called Heavenly Sword, LBP, Uncharted 1 flops based on their first 2 weeks.

This is a New IP (In the case of EnslaveD).....you cannot expect it to churn up massive numbers straight away, give it some time!

Hell even HAZE crawled to over 800K eventually!

Enslaved will waltz past 1.5 Million with ease......it has this holiday season, a decent word of mouth and its a new IP.

Castlevania is mildly disappointing in sales actually, but we should give it more time.

Those games released to an install base of like 10 million PS3 so of course they'd have low first week numbers. And they had Sony behind them to get the legs.

Meanwhile Enslaved and Castlevania launched to an installed base of over 80 million consoles. And these games will not have any legs other than big bargain bin sales @$25 per copy due to huge overshipping (like Mirror Edge, Prince of Persia, Haze and many many more). You will see GAME, Zavvi and the other UK retailers start selling Castlevania and Enslaved for £19.90 even before Christmas.

There is no such thing as word of mouth, or at least it's hugely overexaggerated. A game's quality is already reflected by the review scores and that's it.

Around the Network
Buzzi said:

Price cut Nintendo or you'll be in truble!

there is a rumored price cut for wii but it's only a small one

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

@ --OkeyDokey--

NPD doesnt count bundles.

@Jneul (I see Thread broken!)

I hope hat's true, better than nothing. Sell WSR bundle for 170$ and the Red Bundle for 190 and you have another great holiday!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

did slimebeasts doom break the thread

Above & Beyond

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:

Actually, I still believe Castlevania will do 2 million combined LT. My prediction was 2-2.5 million. With good word of mouth and the Holidays coming, it will do well enough. It simply came out at the wrong time.