By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii should have had a flood of PS2 ports, but of the great ones.

patjuan32 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
patjuan32 said:

Yes, Wii owners care about online, just look at the sales of Mario Kart and the Call of Duty games. Heck, the Conduit would have sold more if it did not suffer from online problems. Yes, Wii owners do care about online and that's why NBA Jam will not sell  as well as it could have.

Um, Mario Kart aslo has local, and CoD sold far less than the HD versions that have local.

So those are not good pieces of evidence that Wii owners care about online to the point of not buying games without it.

Plus NBA Jam has almost no marketing, so you can't just assume lack of online is affecting sales when that factor has to be taken into account.

Mario Kart also has online as well. We can not just ignore that fact. Call of Duty games are advertised for the HD consoles, have download content, and voice chat. The Wii games do not have advertising, No download content, and do not feature voice chat. Furthermore, Call of Duty 4 skipped the Wii and that affected the Call of Duty fanbase on the Wii. The port came two years later and still sold over a million copies. My evidence still stands. Wii owners do care about online.

................ I hope your not saying that online played a hand in Mario Karts success? It would have the same exact numbers that it does today without it. Nothing in your post points to Online being essential in Wii development.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

"Resident Evil 4 sold 1.79. It was a port of a gamecube/ps2 game with worse controls"

If you mean the Wii version had worse controls, I will have to virtually smack you.

I stand by my theory. Other then games with wii at the start  and metroid prime I never really liked the wiimote.

This is my sig.

@Xxian  your like the only one who sees the insanity of this thread, some were complaining that they were tired of ports of PS2 now they want more ports??? how does that even make any sense and its even sillier seeing as the Wii is 4 years out. at this stage in the game your not going to get ports of PS2 games. WTH???? did some get tired of crying that Wii wasnt getting original games, realized that no amount of crying will change that and found something new to whine about???? whats next are you going to blame 3rd parties for the decline in VC and WiiWare in general??

on a side note what do WIi owners really want??? It sounds like you want the HD experience but you didnt want to pay the HD prices, that dog dont hunt. thats like me buying a geometro and complaning that it doesnt perform like a Ford GT. You get what you paid for

@azrael  im with you there, between me and you, IMHO i feel that the Wiimote tech lacks too much to do anything about it. Talk about innovation all you want but if the tech is limited company's will still be limited to what they can do with it and the overall quality of games

Azreal said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

"Resident Evil 4 sold 1.79. It was a port of a gamecube/ps2 game with worse controls"

If you mean the Wii version had worse controls, I will have to virtually smack you.

I stand by my theory. Other then games with wii at the start  and metroid prime I never really liked the wiimote.

Your preference does not make the control worse. Objectively aiming is faster and more accurate than with analog. Even if you don't like using it, those facts are not up to debate.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

That actually would have been nice. I know there's a couple of big franchises that could have benefited greatly from the Wii's controls early on just as much as RE4. You look at the success of GoW 1 & 2 on PS3 right before the launch of GoW3 and sales were good. Dev's are now following through on the momentum and I can only see good things coming out of it. It not only helps the revenue of said games but also the future titles on the current system.

The dev's and consumers would have won in the end and there would be so much potential for the Wii to have the PS2's Greatest Hits collections sell well.

I think each developer or publisher should begin to incorporate some sort of sub-developer to re-develop games from the previous gen into the current gen. Imagine every single hit game that ever sold over say...half a million units WW got released for the Wii/PS3/360 with gameplay/framerate/graphics all upgraded. Who could honestly complain?

Azreal said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I have a theory that your an idiot.

Just joking but if I honestly thought that then it wouldn't make it so. You thinking it has worse controls doesn't make it so. In most people's opinions the controls were massively enhanced only because of the Wiimote.

(RE4 is the greatest game the Wii will ever have btw!)

A_C_E said:

That actually would have been nice. I know there's a couple of big franchises that could have benefited greatly from the Wii's controls early on just as much as RE4. You look at the success of GoW 1 & 2 on PS3 right before the launch of GoW3 and sales were good. Dev's are now following through on the momentum and I can only see good things coming out of it. It not only helps the revenue of said games but also the future titles on the current system.

The dev's and consumers would have won in the end and there would be so much potential for the Wii to have the PS2's Greatest Hits collections sell well.

I think each developer or publisher should begin to incorporate some sort of sub-developer to re-develop games from the previous gen into the current gen. Imagine every single hit game that ever sold over say...half a million units WW got released for the Wii/PS3/360 with gameplay/framerate/graphics all upgraded. Who could honestly complain?

I would takes a waste of resources, instead of taking X game that was cool last gen porting it to current gen...why not just make sequel made using the new console potential?

There needs to be reason to port something....not just something done for the hell of it.

Would've been nice if metal gear solid 2,3 and kingdom hearts 1 and 2 came to the wii 

-

A_C_E said:

That being the key word, since a lot of people would find even nonsensical reasons to complain.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs