By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you truly a Gran Turismo fan? (a rant, sorry)

Gnizmo said:
damndl0ser said:

While I do agree that some people who are "canceling" orders are crying for attention, I would bet most are just tired of the bs.

I would suggest everyone cancel their pre-orders and instead just go and purchase the game day one.  That would show PD and Sony that people are tired of being run through the ringer.  That doesn't make them any less of a fan nor does it make them cry for attention.  But I can guarantee you that Sony and PD would take note and get their shit together for a change.  If people do nothing and accept this expect more of the same for GT6, mark my words.

What bullshit? This is the only delay the game has gotten in NA. There has been one release date given, and it slipped once. What on Earth are you talking about with that? If a high profile game gets one delay then that should be seen as good. I cannot see how this is anything but dramatic internet nonsense.

What bullshit?  The bullshit that PD have been saying since before Forza 3 got released thats what bs.  You know, when they were saying that GT5 was all but finished then it was pushed back till this year.  Then it was pushed back again for god knows how long.  That bullshit.  Was it official?  Who knows but everyone who has been keeping track of it knows thats what they said.  Now tell me I'm full of it?  

I can't believe someone would even attempt to say they haven't been dragging their feet at PD.  If you can't accept that fact there is no need in me even trying to communicate with you, SIGH.....

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
damndl0ser said:

What bullshit?  The bullshit that PD have been saying since before Forza 3 got released thats what bs.  You know, when they were saying that GT5 was all but finished then it was pushed back till this year.  Then it was pushed back again for god knows how long.  That bullshit.  Was it official?  Who knows but everyone who has been keeping track of it knows thats what they said.  Now tell me I'm full of it?

I can't believe someone would even attempt to say they haven't been dragging their feet at PD.  If you can't accept that fact there is no need in me even trying to communicate with you, SIGH.....

Yes I am saying you are full of it. There has been 1 release date given for the NA region. Count em up. There have been two for Japan. Because you expect a game does not mean it is coming. I am well aware of their "any day now" promises, but you know what that means? Jack shit. There is no one to blame but yourself for this false expectation of a release that was not even remotely promised.

You wanna see fuckers who delay things? Guess how long I have been waiting for Golden Sun 3? Or Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, a new 2D Mario, Masters of Orion 3, or god knows how many other games. Games take time to make. Get over it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
damndl0ser said:

Yes I am saying you are full of it. There has been 1 release date given for the NA region. Count em up. There have been two for Japan. Because you expect a game does not mean it is coming. I am well aware of their "any day now" promises, but you know what that means? Jack shit. There is no one to blame but yourself for this false expectation of a release that was not even remotely promised.

You wanna see fuckers who delay things? Guess how long I have been waiting for Golden Sun 3? Or Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, a new 2D Mario, Masters of Orion 3, or god knows how many other games. Games take time to make. Get over it.

I am over it, apparently you arent.  I'm just not an ass kisser or an apologist like some here.  

The release dates weren't official, but PD did say they were almost finished numerous times.  And anyone with half a brain knows they said it.  This includes untold thousands of people who were mislead into pre-orders.  If you want to dismiss what PD say then you can also dismiss any release dates they give while your at it.

This post has certainly spiraled off topic and I am done with it.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

damndl0ser said:

I am over it, apparently you arent.  I'm just not an ass kisser or an apologist like some here.

The release dates weren't official, but PD did say they were almost finished numerous times.  And anyone with half a brain knows they said it.  This includes untold thousands of people who were mislead into pre-orders.  If you want to dismiss what PD say then you can also dismiss any release dates they give while your at it.

This is actually directly on topic interestingly enough as this is the precise behavior Bugrimmar is complaining about. I have no interest in kissing anyones ass, or apologizing for anything. I dislike the series, and don't own a PS3. The fact is though you are upset of promises you made to yourself. You are welcome to that, but it is not even remotely reasonable as a stance. They didn't trick you into pre-orders with false release dates. That is on the company you pre-ordered it from. I take what they say seriously, but you have to actually read what they state. Being done "any day now" but no release date means it ain't coming out next week.

Seriously look into Blizzard's history and then try and come back here to complain about it. A great game is done when its done. If you can't stand the wait thats fine, but don't pin it on the developer when all they have said is they are close to finishing up without even hinting at a release window, let alone a solid release date.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
damndl0ser said:

This is actually directly on topic interestingly enough as this is the precise behavior Bugrimmar is complaining about. I have no interest in kissing anyones ass, or apologizing for anything. I dislike the series, and don't own a PS3. The fact is though you are upset of promises you made to yourself. You are welcome to that, but it is not even remotely reasonable as a stance. They didn't trick you into pre-orders with false release dates. That is on the company you pre-ordered it from. I take what they say seriously, but you have to actually read what they state. Being done "any day now" but no release date means it ain't coming out next week.

Seriously look into Blizzard's history and then try and come back here to complain about it. A great game is done when its done. If you can't stand the wait thats fine, but don't pin it on the developer when all they have said is they are close to finishing up without even hinting at a release window, let alone a solid release date.

i should've mentioned this. GT5 has only had one release date, yes, which is the main reason i made this rant.

self promises is a good way of explaining their behavior. actually, along with the "any day now" things, they also said frequently that they are trying to make everything perfect. with the amount of content they're adding to this game, there's no wonder it would take long.

it's funny you mention blizzard. god, the number of times they've pushed back Actual release dates is staggering. but then again, people don't care and just buy the game when it comes out. same with gt5, these same idiots who whine about "buying NFS instead" or "canceling order" are just going to buy the game in the end.

and PD didn't "drag their feet". look at the amount of content in the game, by god, i can't imagine all that stuff can fit in one disc. and btw, the time in between GT3 and GT4 was four years, on the same console. they're making gt5 in an HD console, and so obviously it'll take more time. it's only been five years since GT4, and given the amount of content added, it's reasonable. not to mention they made a PSP GT also.

so anyway.. good post mate. i realize i'm over the top with my rant, but you sent everything home.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
Gnizmo said:
damndl0ser said:

i should've mentioned this. GT5 has only had one release date, yes, which is the main reason i made this rant.

self promises is a good way of explaining their behavior. actually, along with the "any day now" things, they also said frequently that they are trying to make everything perfect. with the amount of content they're adding to this game, there's no wonder it would take long.

it's funny you mention blizzard. god, the number of times they've pushed back Actual release dates is staggering. but then again, people don't care and just buy the game when it comes out. same with gt5, these same idiots who whine about "buying NFS instead" or "canceling order" are just going to buy the game in the end.

and PD didn't "drag their feet". look at the amount of content in the game, by god, i can't imagine all that stuff can fit in one disc. and btw, the time in between GT3 and GT4 was four years, on the same console. they're making gt5 in an HD console, and so obviously it'll take more time. it's only been five years since GT4, and given the amount of content added, it's reasonable. not to mention they made a PSP GT also.

so anyway.. good post mate. i realize i'm over the top with my rant, but you sent everything home.

Actually, it's not remotely over the top. It annoys me as well. How people say "the game keeps getting delayed" when there's only been one delay in Japan and the West is beyond me. And then as you said, these kind of games have long development schedules.

And that's not taking into account the amount of hypocrites posting in this thread.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Well i am a hot headed person and he is an example of what happens with me.

Huge Harry Potter Fan.

Really excited to see it then the film gets delayed. I start ranting saying how i aint going to the cinemas to watch a film that should have been out a year or so ago. More rants and more rants.

Then the film gets a cinema date like half a year later I booked my ticket straight away and watche the very first screening in cineworld. Yh, I get angry but i just cant stay mad at something i love.

That brings me to GT5.

Did i go mad? YES

Did i cancel pre-order? NO

Did i say i was not going to purchase it? NO

Did i say im going to get it 2nd hand so they make no money from me? YES

Am i still going to purchase it 2nd hand?

Nope. First day brand new because when i heard the reason for the delay i thought to myself yh good on you polyphony. Stop them robbers from getting the hands on GT5

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:

Well i am a hot headed person and he is an example of what happens with me.

Huge Harry Potter Fan.

Really excited to see it then the film gets delayed. I start ranting saying how i aint going to the cinemas to watch a film that should have been out a year or so ago. More rants and more rants.

Then the film gets a cinema date like half a year later I booked my ticket straight away and watche the very first screening in cineworld. Yh, I get angry but i just cant stay mad at something i love.

That brings me to GT5.

Did i go mad? YES

Did i cancel pre-order? NO

Did i say i was not going to purchase it? NO

Did i say im going to get it 2nd hand so they make no money from me? YES

Am i still going to purchase it 2nd hand?

Nope. First day brand new because when i heard the reason for the delay i thought to myself yh good on you polyphony. Stop them robbers from getting the hands on GT5

typical. :P exactly what i expected.

I own every single Gran Turismo game. Not a big fan of the series, I get bored easily but I can't deny that they are amazing racing games. Even though I'm not a big Gran Turismo, the delays still piss me off...I think people definitely have a right to be mad about the constant delays.

I know Sony and PD are trying their best to get the game out as fast as possible, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be annoyed with the delays. It would be better if they just don't announce release dates unless they are 0 SURE they will have the game done in time, that way there would be less to worry about.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

When i heard gt was delayed i just laughed. I don't really care how long it takes as long as it is a good game.

Think about battlefront 3 i am still waiting for it and will get it whe it comes out (Fuck Lucasarts) but a lot of people have given up hope that it wil come out. They just all jump the band wagon of another game like cod, and then when it comes around they then say they are fans. I am wiling to wait as long as there is a good game in the end.