By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you truly a Gran Turismo fan? (a rant, sorry)

bugrimmar said:

Kasz216 said:

You do know fan doesn't equal willing to put up with any and all bullshit that comes there way right?

If you do that, your not a fan, your obssessed to an unhealthy degree.

People can very much be fans and then something negative happens... like multiple delays and people say "That's enough."

Were the people who stopped liking Michael Vick as a football player because he tortured dogs "Not really a fan."

When a second or third game turns out to suck, are the people that don't buy those "not really a fan."

The many people who would of bought Duke Nukem Forever, but won't because it's been 12 years...

are they suddenly not Duke Nukem fans?

You aren't a fan, your acting obssessed... you come off vaguely like the "Leave Britney Alone" guy.

Fandom isn't undying love and unquestioning loyalty.  It's just simply liking something.

Hell you can be a fan of a game and never buy it.   My friend who doesn't have a PS3 is a fan of Valkria Chronicles, because he played it at my house.

um.. we're not talking about killing dogs here, or that the game sucks, or whatever.

we're talking about a delay worth a few weeks to a month. that's the issue i'm specifically targeting. sure, if the game sucks, i wouldn't buy it either. my only point was that people were canceling just because of a minor delay. and it's not like yamauchi-san suddenly turned into some weirdo. he's just being his normal perfectionist self.

tell me, has any console mainline gran turismo game sucked? even the psp game was quite good.

you're trying to make me out as crazy, when all i'm complaining against is the people canceling for "a delay". not for something crazy, like what you assume. i'd appreciate reading the original post before you put any comments that are just full of nonsense.

That's because you are crazy.  People canceling for a delay can in fact be fans.

Your original post is full of nonsense.

Around the Network

My bought my PS3 for three games, Uncharted 2, Call of Duty and GT5. I don't mind the delay but I would have had it been delay until Q1 2011 or something like that.

Another thing to consider is that people aren't necessesarily complaining because of the delay. They are frustrated because Sony isn't being completely open and honest about the delay. Sony won't release specific details as to what is causing the delay or how long it is going to be. When you leave people guessing, some of them are going to vent. It's like when politicians cover up crimes. The politician might not even be guilty of the crime, but the cover up and subsequent obfuscation is what makes people angry.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:

Another thing to consider is that people aren't necessesarily complaining because of the delay. They are frustrated because Sony isn't being completely open and honest about the delay. Sony won't release specific details as to what is causing the delay or how long it is going to be. When you leave people guessing, some of them are going to vent. It's like when politicians cover up crimes. The politician might not even be guilty of the crime, but the cover up and subsequent obfuscation is what makes people angry.

Name a time when a company is completely open an honest about a delay. They have come out already and stated it was not due to technical reasons but an "executive decision" which means marketing more or less. Either they didn't have enough discs, or didn't like the release day competition. Length is a weird one. The why;s of it though are always a mystery to anyone outside of the dev team, as it should be really.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Grimes said:

Your right, if Sony would just come out and say when exactly the release date is and why they pushed it back a lot of this would be done with.   If they don't come forward and give another date set in stone, I would expect more people to cancel their orders and fuss about it on message boards like this one! 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Grimes said:

Name a time when a company is completely open an honest about a delay. They have come out already and stated it was not due to technical reasons but an "executive decision" which means marketing more or less. Either they didn't have enough discs, or didn't like the release day competition. Length is a weird one. The why;s of it though are always a mystery to anyone outside of the dev team, as it should be really.

I didn't say other companies weren't the same. It's like politicians telling the truth. They still lie even though time after time those that come clean fare better than those that try to hide things. Another example, look at Roger Clemens vs Andy Petite. Just admit the truth, take your lumps, then move on. Don't leave it hanging.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:

I didn't say other companies weren't the same. It's like politicians telling the truth. They still lie even though time after time those that come clean fare better than those that try to hide things. Another example, look at Roger Clemens vs Andy Petite. Just admit the truth, take your lumps, then move on. Don't leave it hanging.

Here is the catch though. People don't stop voting for someone after their first broken campaign promise. Its what you expect. Similarly, anyone half aware knows they will never get a proper explanation for the delay and as such shouldn't be expecting one. Any behavior contingent on an explanation is an unrealistic demand of someone who is likely just out for attention. People aren't up in arms over the delay canceling pre-orders like mad. Internet people are crying for attention and using their typical lame ass tactics. If the game released early those same people would be bitching about how horrible it was, and how it was a rip off to wait this long to play the game. Its how the internet works.

Gnizmo said:
Grimes said:

Here is the catch though. People don't stop voting for someone after their first broken campaign promise. Its what you expect. Similarly, anyone half aware knows they will never get a proper explanation for the delay and as such shouldn't be expecting one. Any behavior contingent on an explanation is an unrealistic demand of someone who is likely just out for attention. People aren't up in arms over the delay canceling pre-orders like mad. Internet people are crying for attention and using their typical lame ass tactics. If the game released early those same people would be bitching about how horrible it was, and how it was a rip off to wait this long to play the game. Its how the internet works.

While I do agree that some people who are "canceling" orders are crying for attention, I would bet most are just tired of the bs.   

I would suggest everyone cancel their pre-orders and instead just go and purchase the game day one.  That would show PD and Sony that people are tired of being run through the ringer.  That doesn't make them any less of a fan nor does it make them cry for attention.  But I can guarantee you that Sony and PD would take note and get their shit together for a change.  If people do nothing and accept this expect more of the same for GT6, mark my words.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

damndl0ser said:

While I do agree that some people who are "canceling" orders are crying for attention, I would bet most are just tired of the bs.

I would suggest everyone cancel their pre-orders and instead just go and purchase the game day one.  That would show PD and Sony that people are tired of being run through the ringer.  That doesn't make them any less of a fan nor does it make them cry for attention.  But I can guarantee you that Sony and PD would take note and get their shit together for a change.  If people do nothing and accept this expect more of the same for GT6, mark my words.

What bullshit? This is the only delay the game has gotten in NA. There has been one release date given, and it slipped once. What on Earth are you talking about with that? If a high profile game gets one delay then that should be seen as good. I cannot see how this is anything but dramatic internet nonsense.

szerbijn said:

The game is on my list, although I'm not a fan of the GT series. The constant delays are somewhat displeasing, but nothing more.

Just waiting.

same here, i dont like racing games in general, but this epiness must be bought, and i am sure i'll have fun with it.

and yeah, if it doesnt come 2010, i dont care anymore, if i have to wait 'til 2011, i'll buy it later for 30 Bucks or something since i dont want it THAT hard then anymore.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!