By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect's launch titles: doesn't look good

@scootie  after someone plays some of those games and find them to be buggy, inaccurate and not that much fun why wouldnt it surprise some people who dont like them??? Has anyone ever thought that people have played some of these "casual" games and geuniely does not like them???? Its not "hardcorez" hating on those games just to hate. Ive had Wii for 2 and a half years so im positive im not just talking out my ass when I say I just dont like those games. Lot of people do, and thats ok

Around the Network

@scootie  I dont even think youve ever played an actual SF game. you cant do your best by button mashing. im pretty sure there are some very specific movements with the joystick in where you have to do get some of the special moves. Smash Bros. is like my "1st fighting game" all you can do is mash buttons and jump around occasional, hell half that game is luck anyway, where your relying mostly on randomly generated items.

scottie said:

I wouldn't say the games are bad so much as not aimed at forum dwellers and with poor variety

I wonder who has poor variety, sports nuts or fitness fans.

cool8man said:

How do you reconcile the fact that so many people loved Just Dance (critically panned) that now Just Dance 2 is one of the most preordered games coming out this year on Wii?

Quality is subjective.

Clearly most people who bought Just Dance thought it was a good game even though many core gamers disagreed. 

Quality of that nature is subjective more to people who haven't experienced anything better then the game actually being quality on it's own. Obviously I can't know for certain, but I can say with fair confidence that the people who loved Just Dance probably have never played DDR.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

oniyide said:

@scootie  after someone plays some of those games and find them to be buggy, inaccurate and not that much fun why wouldnt it surprise some people who dont like them??? Has anyone ever thought that people have played some of these "casual" games and geuniely does not like them???? Its not "hardcorez" hating on those games just to hate. Ive had Wii for 2 and a half years so im positive im not just talking out my ass when I say I just dont like those games. Lot of people do, and thats ok

I wasn't so much talking to you re: the Kinect Lineup, I was mostly talking to OP, whos complaint ran along the lines of

"These games suck, I would much prefer to play Call of Duty."

To which my response will always be "ok, go play Call of Duty and stop bothering us"

The OP certainly has not played any of these games, and it is certainly a case of "hardcorez" hating on those games just to hate.

So which particular games do you think are buggy/innacurate/not that much fun/shit in some other way?

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

It doesn't appeal to you so what? Most of the games don't appeal to me either but that doesn't stop me from seeing the good qualities of many of them. Enlightened people > unenlightened people.

Can you see the good qualities of Wii shovelware too?

scottie said:
oniyide said:

anyone who thinks Street Fighter is a button masher most likely sucks at the game, you cant beat someone who knows what there doing by button mashing

@cool8man too true and im shocked at the sales of those games I never even heard of on Wii. And Ninty fans still wonder why they have so much "casual" games and not that many "core" casual games arent bad for the industry as long as devs keep that stuff away from my PS3 & PSP its all good

There are no games where button mashing will let you beat someone who is really good, but Street Fighter is one of the ones where you can do best by button mashing. Compare that to a real fighting game like Smash Bros where if you button mash you are likely to kill yourself.

This can't be a serious post

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

oniyide said:

@happysquirrel  im an elitist because I want good games on Wii? the standards I have now is the same standards for video games ive always had im not gonna give the Wii a pass just because Wii cant do some of the things the HDs can do and really do we need that much mini game compilations?? You know good well that maybe 2 of them are worth a damn the other 20 something can go kick rocks. and FYI didnt like Wii Sports too much, got a bit boring after a while.

Maybe I should give Wii a pass I keep forgetting who it was made for

First off, I wasn't calling you an elitist gamer; with that said, I also don't think you understood my point ...

Even though I think it is appropriate to call Nintendo a very innovative company, they did not invent most of the genres they have seen success with recently; and in many cases you can find similar games that were not nearly as successful being released on many platforms. Why Nintendo has been successful where so many other companies have failed is because they have brought accessibility and polish to genres which have typically been ignored; and these qualities tend to be overlooked by reviewers and core-gamers when they assess the quality of these games. If you actually sit down and play the games that have been highly successful on the Wii and compare them to very similar games that have been ignored you will see a massive difference in quality; and many of these poor selling videogames have broken gameplay mechanics and are simply not fun, but these differences in quality tend to get ignored and all these titles are grouped together.

I'm not claiming you have to like these titles, but claiming that people will flock to Kinect titles because they enjoyed similar games on the Wii is kind of like claiming The Conduit would sell well because Halo sold well on the XBox 360.

oniyide said:

@scootie  I dont even think youve ever played an actual SF game. you cant do your best by button mashing. im pretty sure there are some very specific movements with the joystick in where you have to do get some of the special moves. Smash Bros. is like my "1st fighting game" all you can do is mash buttons and jump around occasional, hell half that game is luck anyway, where your relying mostly on randomly generated items.

I've played a fair bit of it, always just havin fun with friends and never actually trying to get good

Mashing buttons in Smash Bros is not an option. It has reached the stage where if a person button bashes, I can reliably kill them without taking a single % of damage.

As for the randomly generated items thing that comes up every time someone who doesn't know a thing about Smash Bros talks about smash bros, yes, there are randomly generated items. No, you cannot rely on them. Select an item from Brawl, and I shall instruct you in how you can make the opponent picking that item up either do nothing, or in some cases be a liability

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_items_in_Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

N.B. I play with healing turned off, because I will admit the healing items can be a bit OP

leatherhat said:
scottie said:
oniyide said:

anyone who thinks Street Fighter is a button masher most likely sucks at the game, you cant beat someone who knows what there doing by button mashing

@cool8man too true and im shocked at the sales of those games I never even heard of on Wii. And Ninty fans still wonder why they have so much "casual" games and not that many "core" casual games arent bad for the industry as long as devs keep that stuff away from my PS3 & PSP its all good

There are no games where button mashing will let you beat someone who is really good, but Street Fighter is one of the ones where you can do best by button mashing. Compare that to a real fighting game like Smash Bros where if you button mash you are likely to kill yourself.

This can't be a serious post

sadly, it is. But going after it would derail the topic so don't bother is what I say

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!