By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect's launch titles: doesn't look good

M.U.G.E.N said:
leatherhat said:
scottie said:
oniyide said:

anyone who thinks Street Fighter is a button masher most likely sucks at the game, you cant beat someone who knows what there doing by button mashing

@cool8man too true and im shocked at the sales of those games I never even heard of on Wii. And Ninty fans still wonder why they have so much "casual" games and not that many "core" casual games arent bad for the industry as long as devs keep that stuff away from my PS3 & PSP its all good

There are no games where button mashing will let you beat someone who is really good, but Street Fighter is one of the ones where you can do best by button mashing. Compare that to a real fighting game like Smash Bros where if you button mash you are likely to kill yourself.

This can't be a serious post

sadly, it is. But going after it would derail the topic so don't bother is what I say

Aight, Ill leave it alone. But I'm still confused. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
oniyide said:

anyone who thinks Street Fighter is a button masher most likely sucks at the game, you cant beat someone who knows what there doing by button mashing

@cool8man too true and im shocked at the sales of those games I never even heard of on Wii. And Ninty fans still wonder why they have so much "casual" games and not that many "core" casual games arent bad for the industry as long as devs keep that stuff away from my PS3 & PSP its all good

Most Wii fans are surprised that publishers will spend 4 times as much to lose money on an ignored FPS on the HD consoles then to produce a similar game on the Wii ... The fact that so many publishers chase success rather than focus on being successful is the reason why so many publishers are struggling to remain profitable. Certainly, the top 10% to 25% of "Core" titles on the HD consoles are performing adequately, but the bottom 50% are bleeding money; and (most likely) a better title could have been produced for less money and sold as well on the Wii but publishers are focused on adding additional titles to crowded markets rather than producing successful games.

@scootie  I agree with your points to the OP maybe some people dont get that MS is not abandoning there audience and is just trying to get the Wii's one. Kinect was probably not meant to be a device where you can play a bunch of FPSs IMHO I cant see how you could.

As for your ??? Just Dance comes to mind, I wasnt feeling Wii Sports afte awhile when I realized how buggy and inaccurate the boxing was (my fav part) it just took me out of the game. tennis games are kind of on rails not feeling that. Carnival games bored me after a while. Those fitness games are actually really well done products (WiiFit EA's thing) but my problem is i weigh 160pds and i have an exercise set. it would be like me having a snowmobile in the desert, sure the snowmobile itself is cool, but i dont really need. its not so much that these games are bad its that there are sooooo many of them, how much variations of tennis/pingpong do they have and they keep making em.

@MUGEN you know what im gonna take your advice cause anyone knows that you cant stand there and button mash on any 2d japanese made fighter and beat someone who knows what their doing. If you can then the people who you are playing suck ass. badly try that crap online.

scottie said:
oniyide said:

@scootie  I dont even think youve ever played an actual SF game. you cant do your best by button mashing. im pretty sure there are some very specific movements with the joystick in where you have to do get some of the special moves. Smash Bros. is like my "1st fighting game" all you can do is mash buttons and jump around occasional, hell half that game is luck anyway, where your relying mostly on randomly generated items.

I've played a fair bit of it, always just havin fun with friends and never actually trying to get good

Mashing buttons in Smash Bros is not an option. It has reached the stage where if a person button bashes, I can reliably kill them without taking a single % of damage.

As for the randomly generated items thing that comes up every time someone who doesn't know a thing about Smash Bros talks about smash bros, yes, there are randomly generated items. No, you cannot rely on them. Select an item from Brawl, and I shall instruct you in how you can make the opponent picking that item up either do nothing, or in some cases be a liability

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_items_in_Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl

N.B. I play with healing turned off, because I will admit the healing items can be a bit OP

The reason you can't button mash in SSBB compared to other fighting games is mainly because of the size of the size of the maps you play on and the physics of being thrown around the map. After getting my ass handed to me in SF4, I can tell you that button mashing doesn't work; sometimes even combos don't work in my favor. I couldn't even beat easy mode in arcade with mashing . . .

Likewise, if I come across someone trying to mash their way to victory in Blazblue: CS, I can usually destroy them without so much as hit on me. I think its safe to say that in none of the aforementioned games can one button mash to victory against someone who knows what they're doing.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

@snesboy  sure you can the games are cheap to make the sell alright and could be used to fund games on an HD console or PC or buy a yatcht

@happysquirrel  what are these genres that you are speaking of??? i really dont know. I have Wii and have played some of those games what people dont understand is I didnt like them then and I dont like them now, I just dont really care for those kind of games, whenever I play them it just makes me long to play the games I actually do enjoy. Its like saying WOW is the best MMORPG ever, that might be true but if you dont like MMOs(i dont) it means nothing to you.  I never actually said Wii gamers would leave en masse and go to Kinect I just said that what MS hopes will happen. Do I think it will happen??? I HAVE NO F***** IDEA, im not ruling nothing out, but I cannot wait to find out.

@

@shadowblind  couldnt agree more and I still have my copy of Smash Bros. Brawl havent played in awhile

Snesboy said:
Squilliam said:

It doesn't appeal to you so what? Most of the games don't appeal to me either but that doesn't stop me from seeing the good qualities of many of them. Enlightened people > unenlightened people.

Can you see the good qualities of Wii shovelware too?

*Imagines all WIi titles as shovelware*

Yep I can see good qualitites in Wii shovelware.

*wins*

Tease.

I will get Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports this year and I can't wait for Horror games with Kinect. I think this will work very well. Actually opening doors might scare the shit out of me :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Squilliam said:
Snesboy said:
Squilliam said:

It doesn't appeal to you so what? Most of the games don't appeal to me either but that doesn't stop me from seeing the good qualities of many of them. Enlightened people > unenlightened people.

Can you see the good qualities of Wii shovelware too?

*Imagines all WIi titles as shovelware*

Yep I can see good qualitites in Wii shovelware.

*wins*

Man, I just can't say no to that Captain Kirk avatar.