By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect : $500 million in marketing, Will be bigger than Jesus!

AnthonyW86 said:

If this is true i'm officially selling my 360, what a complete rip-off. For the same money they could sell the first 10 million(!!) Kintect bundles for $99. If Microsoft is really this stupid, i don't want anything to do with it.

I'm sorry but that's truely an idiotic argument.  Every game and every product has a marketing budget.  As stated in this thread Sony's overall marketing budget is over 5 billion a year, with that money they could give away 16 million PS3s a year!   Are you giving back your PS3 too since you had to pay for it when Sony clearly has the cash to give you a free one?

Around the Network
leatherhat said:

The same games series they've been making since the beginning, while sony creates a constant stream of new games- both sequels and IPs. Compared to sony and nintendo- and even a lot of third parties- MS makes very few games. Your second point might have weight if you could play sales.

Once again, I'm going to steer you back to the original comment.

You said MS's 1st party is nonexistent. This discussion had nothing to do with who puts out the most 1st party games.

That's not what I responded to and that's not the discussion I'm having.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

The same games series they've been making since the beginning, while sony creates a constant stream of new games- both sequels and IPs. Compared to sony and nintendo- and even a lot of third parties- MS makes very few games. Your second point might have weight if you could play sales.

You said MS's 1st party is nonexistent. This had nothing to do with who puts out the most 1st party games.

Aight bro you win, the amount of games MS makes is greater than zero. Gotta love literal interpretations of hyperbole. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

You said MS's 1st party is nonexistent. This had nothing to do with who puts out the most 1st party games.

Aight bro you win, the amount of games MS makes is greater than zero. Gotta love literal interpretations of hyperbole. 

Not only is it greater than zero... PS3 and 360 are about equal. It varies depending what games are released.

Ultimately, the 360's 1st party is just as relevant as Sony if not more. Because Halo might be the biggest console seller this gen. People even pay to play it online in massive numbers.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Not only is it greater than zero... PS3 and 360 are about equal. It varies depending what games are released.

Ultimately, the 360's 1st party is just as relevant as Sony if not more. Because Halo might be the biggest console seller this gen. People even pay to play it online in massive numbers.

No. Sony makes way more games. 

It will also continue to destroy the fps genre. So thats cool.

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:

Doesn't matter how many games you put out. What makes you a big publisher/developer is sales and profits.

I don't recall Sony destroying the FPS genre. I don't think people point to Sony shooters when they are discussing the biggest shooters.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Doesn't matter how many games you put out. What makes you a big publisher/developer is sales and profits.

I don't recall Sony destroying the FPS genre. I don't think people point to Sony shooters when they are discussing the biggest shooters.

So you're one of those guys huh? One of those people who would rather ride a companies dick and want them to be in a better business position than make a better product. Cause you know from the consumers perspective its better have ten games than three. Regardless of sales. 

No they aren't. Maybe SOCOM. So you're right sony didn't destroy the fps genre, MS did. 

Time for hype

Incoming complaint -> They only succeeded because they heaps of advertisng. Will probably be seen Nov 2010.

Tease.

leatherhat said:

So you're one of those guys huh? One of those people who would rather ride a companies dick and want them to be in a better business position than make a better product. Cause you know from the consumers perspective its better have ten games than three. Regardless of sales. 

No they aren't. Maybe SOCOM. So you're right sony didn't destroy the fps genre, MS did. 

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I mean MS has plenty of IPs and great product. I do believe you're using them as the example of "three game." So that kills your argument.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I mean MS has plenty of IPs and great product. So that kills your argument.

Keep telling  yourself that, and Ill just keep watching MS destroy companies like ensemble and pump a half a million into a shovelware filled peripheral.

Time for hype