By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect : $500 million in marketing, Will be bigger than Jesus!

leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Wow, 4 franchises. I'm blown away. And MS hasn't shown any games at any of the trade shows this year, focusing instead on Kinect. 

So what are you arguing now? I proved MS's first party is very much existent. Now you are bitching about me not naming enough of their IPs?

The 360 and PS3 are about equal in 1st party sales (excluding 3rd party games published by MS). Basically, It's just stupid to say MS's first party is "nonexistent".

The same games series they've been making since the beginning, while sony creates a constant stream of new games- both sequels and IPs. Compared to sony and nintendo- and even a lot of third parties- MS makes very few games. Your second point might have weight if you could play sales.

Why don't we go through the Sony lineup next year then?

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Motorstorm: Apocalypse- sequel

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

The Last Guardian- sequel (yeah, I'm counting this as the same IP)

Ico/SOTC Collection- remake

So out of 11 games, we have one new IP and a bunch of sequels and remakes. Where are all these new IPs Sony is creating as you claim them to be?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

What a waste...that could have been so many good games.

Behold: The future of shovel ware.

Sorry for bad English.

themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Wow, 4 franchises. I'm blown away. And MS hasn't shown any games at any of the trade shows this year, focusing instead on Kinect. 

So what are you arguing now? I proved MS's first party is very much existent. Now you are bitching about me not naming enough of their IPs?

The 360 and PS3 are about equal in 1st party sales (excluding 3rd party games published by MS). Basically, It's just stupid to say MS's first party is "nonexistent".

The same games series they've been making since the beginning, while sony creates a constant stream of new games- both sequels and IPs. Compared to sony and nintendo- and even a lot of third parties- MS makes very few games. Your second point might have weight if you could play sales.

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

So out of 11 games, we have one new IP and a bunch of sequels and remakes. Where are all these new IPs Sony is creating as you claim them to be?

Resistance, uncharted, infamous, motorstorm, heavenly sword, LBP, MAG, WKC, modnation,Patapon, locoroco, patchwork heroes, pixeljunk series, fat princess, heavy rain, demons souls, afrika, Jeanne D'arc and lair. 

Thats just this gen, so don't cherry pick a sequel full year and tell me they haven't made any. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

Resistance, uncharted, infamous, motorstorm, heavenly sword, LBP, MAG, WKC, modnation,Patapon, locoroco, patchwork heroes, pixeljunk series, fat princess, heavy rain, demons souls, afrika, Jeanne D'arc and lair. 

Thats just this gen, so don't cherry pick a sequel full year and tell me they haven't made any. 

So I guess Viva Pinata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown, Lips, Ninety-Nine Nights, Too Human,  Kameo, and Infinite Undiscovery don't mean anything? Don't cherry pick a few franchises and tell me they haven't made any.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

lol, so much fail here. Yakuza is a SEGA game.

Sorry for bad English.

Around the Network

Can you guys take your pissing contest somewhere else?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

zzamaro said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

lol, so much fail here. Yakuza is a SEGA game.

Ok, does that prove my point any less, or are you having a go at me for no reason? On second thought, I know better than to ask rhetorical questions.

themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

So I guess Viva Pinata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown, Lips, Ninety-Nine Nights, Too Human,  Kameo, and Infinite Undiscovery don't mean anything? Don't cherry pick a few franchises and tell me they haven't made any.

Did MS actually make any of those? And going by release date, the last one of those came out in what? 2008? Then of course their is the quality argument but Ill leave that alone since you'll just say its only a matter of opinion.

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

Did MS actually make any of those? And going by release date, the last one of those came out in what? 2008? Then of course their is the quality argument but Ill leave that alone since you'll just say its only a matter of opinion.

some of the games you mentioned are not made by Sony either, you sony people cant help but cherry pick huh? I guess thats what sony programs into you at playstation school.

Jadedx said:
leatherhat said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
themanwithnoname said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Killzone 3 - sequel

Yakuza 4- sequel

Infamous 2- sequel

Resistance 3- sequel

SOCOM 4- sequel

Sorcery- new IP

Twisted Metal- reboot

some of the games you mentioned are not made by Sony either, you sony people cant help but cherry pick huh? I guess thats what sony programs into you at playstation school.

hahahahahahahahahahaha, oh man. You messing aren't you? You don't know me at all. Any way I gotta put this debate on hold for a bit, since we're really off topic. Plus I just had this blunt of bubblegum heady, and man I'm out of it. We'll talk later- peace. 

Time for hype