By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Pyramid12 said:
Frieza said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

The Unicorn thats saying its a fact that this site is full of PS fanboys and will always overhype PS related things (like GOW3 selling 5 million), he also says that according to google more people are actually searching for Street Fighter than Gran Turismo.

He also tell me the worst selling GT game was GT2 selling 9.37 million copies, 600,000k copies more than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 a game that had 10x the hype that GT5 has, and GT5's sales wont come anywhere close to it.

Have you actually taken a look at God of War III's sales? People aren't so far fetched in their prediction of 5 million.

Yes i have its sold 3 million copies, itll struggle to get to 4 million and it will never reach 5 million. This week it sold only 5,000 copies more than MGS4 which came out mid 2008. People here were increeibly confident that this game would outsell MGS4 to be PS3s biggest selling exclusive.

I thought that was ludicrous, so just like now i told people it had no chance and what happened, everybody reacted the exact same way as they are now, saying how im stupid, im trolling, you'll see in a few months but nope again i was right.  

yeh what happen to those MS fanatics who said "it will TOP at 2.5m and be lucky to even reach 3m" ?????????? oohhhh thats right GONE.

speaking of MGS4 wasn't that deemed to be the lowest selling MGS because of the userbase BS argument the same xbox fanatics are using in this thread right now???? ohh look it sold more than MGS3 depiste releasing on a console with 20m userbase back in 2008 where are these microsoft fanatics now???? No where to be found......expected.

Now the goal post have moved to "it will struggle to get to 4m" when it hasn't even been out for a YEAR and is already @ 3m, Going by this reach failed because its hasn't sold 10m which 360 fans has been shouting it would( lets ignore that its only been out for a while like your doing with GOW3), see how stupid that sounds? see probly the reason why ppl are saying your stupid?

Theyre MS fanatics and its a PS3 game so who cares what they have to say, just in case anyone is gonna bring it up (like theyve always done before) i dont own a Xbox i dont care about the Xbox, i own every PS im a huge PS fan i really want these games to sell better. But unlike 90% of people here i remain realistic it is why i have been right every time.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Someone here will get banned soon... or at least eat crow in a few months' time. Just a gut feeling

Yes most likely for the prior, its usually what happens. Everybody is making over the top preditions, im being realistic but thatll probably get me banned, its a different story entirely on the Xbox side, if someone made a thread about Halo selling over 10 million and i said it wouldnt nobody would say anything about that then.

I am going to keep this thread in mind, because after Xmas i will come back and say i told you so, to me this is all like deja vu because ive gone through this several times.

PS3 exlusive coming out, people make high predictions.

I come in saying it certainly wont.

Wont call me stupid, a troll, a Xbox fanboy, im gonna get banned etc.

Game comes out it underperforms people are disappointed.

I go back to the thread i say "I told you it wasnt gonna...."

Then either nobody says anything to me at all or people make the usual excuses.

postofficebuddy said:
Frieza said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

The Unicorn thats saying its a fact that this site is full of PS fanboys and will always overhype PS related things (like GOW3 selling 5 million), he also says that according to google more people are actually searching for Street Fighter than Gran Turismo.

He also tell me the worst selling GT game was GT2 selling 9.37 million copies, 600,000k copies more than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 a game that had 10x the hype that GT5 has, and GT5's sales wont come anywhere close to it.

Have you actually taken a look at God of War III's sales? People aren't so far fetched in their prediction of 5 million.

Yes i have its sold 3 million copies, itll struggle to get to 4 million and it will never reach 5 million. This week it sold only 5,000 copies more than MGS4 which came out mid 2008. People here were increeibly confident that this game would outsell MGS4 to be PS3s biggest selling exclusive.

I thought that was ludicrous, so just like now i told people it had no chance and what happened, everybody reacted the exact same way as they are now, saying how im stupid, im trolling, you'll see in a few months but nope again i was right.  

Don't know who thought that GOW3 would outsell MGS4 but that doesn't matter in this argument since GOW3 doesn't need to outsell MGS4 to reach 5 million considering that MGS4 will sell comfortably over that. GOW3 is still selling for $50. It has yet to get a greatest hits or GOTY edition re-release and traditionally GOW games sell quite well once they go greatest hits. And we're likely undertracking by about 100k-150k between Canadian, Latin American, and Asian sales. And you forgot to factor in the 73k GOW trilogy sales. It should hit 4 million without a whole lot of trouble and while 5 million isn't guaranteed I'd give it very very good odds.

OT, based on the massive first shipment to France I'd say that GT5 has a pretty good shot at having the best opening for a GT game in EMEAA and I can still see it becoming the second best selling GT game at 11 million or maybe more.

It just baffles me why people would make such unrealistic predictions, this always seems to happen with PS3 exclusives, they disappoint more than not yet people still do it.

11 million copies really? how? if you take the best selling PS3 game in each region and combine them it comes to 10.36 million. GT will never pass the sales of MW2 in US nor will it pass the sales of FF13 in Japan, and its not gonna sell more than double what MW2 sold in EMEAA.

GTA4 was at the time the most anticipated game of all time, a sequel to a game that sold 20 million, its a mainstream franchise, it was the king of video games, the first for Next Gen, it was everywhere, it had midnight opening, it made opening records. It sold 6.85 million copies even though people werent impressed.

Modern Warfare 2 was the same, the series became the biggest video game craze since Pokemon, it was the new king of video games for all the hype GTA4 had it was nothing compared to MW2 its currently sold 8.79 million copies.

Then you have GT5, it is the most anticipated game of all time, no, is it the most anticipated game for 2010, no, it is the most anticipated game for November, no, December? possibly. It is a sequel to one of the most well liked and popular games of all time, no infact alot were disappointed by GT4, is it all over the internet? not really no im hardly hearing anything about it even though its a few weeks away. Tekken the second biggest fighting game series thats last game disappointed from last October is getting more searchs of google than Gran Turismo.

And yet this game is not only gonna outsell Modern Warfare 2 but its gonna sell 11 million? and you dont think thats not laughable at all?

Frieza said:
postofficebuddy said:
Frieza said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

Don't know who thought that GOW3 would outsell MGS4 but that doesn't matter in this argument since GOW3 doesn't need to outsell MGS4 to reach 5 million considering that MGS4 will sell comfortably over that. GOW3 is still selling for $50. It has yet to get a greatest hits or GOTY edition re-release and traditionally GOW games sell quite well once they go greatest hits. And we're likely undertracking by about 100k-150k between Canadian, Latin American, and Asian sales. And you forgot to factor in the 73k GOW trilogy sales. It should hit 4 million without a whole lot of trouble and while 5 million isn't guaranteed I'd give it very very good odds.

OT, based on the massive first shipment to France I'd say that GT5 has a pretty good shot at having the best opening for a GT game in EMEAA and I can still see it becoming the second best selling GT game at 11 million or maybe more.

It just baffles me why people would make such unrealistic predictions, this always seems to happen with PS3 exclusives, they disappoint more than not yet people still do it.

11 million copies really? how? if you take the best selling PS3 game in each region and combine them it comes to 10.36 million. GT will never pass the sales of MW2 in US nor will it pass the sales of FF13 in Japan, and its not gonna sell more than double what MW2 sold in EMEAA.

GTA4 was at the time the most anticipated game of all time, a sequel to a game that sold 20 million, its a mainstream franchise, it was the king of video games, the first for Next Gen, it was everywhere, it had midnight opening, it made opening records. It sold 6.85 million copies even though people werent impressed.

Modern Warfare 2 was the same, the series became the biggest video game craze since Pokemon, it was the new king of video games for all the hype GTA4 had it was nothing compared to MW2 its currently sold 8.79 million copies.

Then you have GT5, it is the most anticipated game of all time, no, is it the most anticipated game for 2010, no, it is the most anticipated game for November, no, December? possibly. It is a sequel to one of the most well liked and popular games of all time, no infact alot were disappointed by GT4, is it all over the internet? not really no im hardly hearing anything about it even though its a few weeks away. Tekken the second biggest fighting game series thats last game disappointed from last October is getting more searchs of google than Gran Turismo.

And yet this game is not only gonna outsell Modern Warfare 2 but its gonna sell 11 million? and you dont think thats not laughable at all?

Where did I say it would sell more than MW2? At this point 10 million for MW2 is almost a mathematical certainty and 11 million should be pretty easy with re-releases. MW1 was still selling extremely well when MW2 came out and still continues to pull respectable numbers to this day (5k plus). And MW2 isn't bundled (on PS3) as GT5 obviously will be.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

God of War III won't stop selling in a few months, so I'm not sure what that will prove. And just because you've been right here or there doesn't really mean anything (except that you were right here and there - like many other posters in many other cases).

Also, show me the predictionds of those who said God of War IIi would be PS3's best exclusive.

I wont stop selling but its only selling 15,000 right now during a strong season, as i said itll struggle to reach 4 million, 5 million no chance.

You want to find peoples predictions out of the thousands upon thousands of replies on this site, obviously i wont be doing that but checking the games wall.

A Haaxiy says itll break 5 million.

Restored_lost says 5-6 million.

A Heavenly King thinks if anything can surpass MGS4 its GOW3, he also says "I really think this game will manage to sell like MGS4."

I see a old comment of mine saying it wont outsell MGS4 just to show im not just saying this now.

NicolasCage thought it was gonna surpass MGS4s 1.8 million first week.

Gearbox said he sees it selling like MGS4.

So thats just a few comments there, after that it became along the line of "Steep drops" "disapointing drops" "Bad legs" etc

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Frieza said:
postofficebuddy said:
Frieza said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

Where did I say it would sell more than MW2? At this point 10 million for MW2 is almost a mathematical certainty and 11 million should be pretty easy with re-releases. MW1 was still selling extremely well when MW2 came out and still continues to pull respectable numbers to this day (5k plus). And MW2 isn't bundled (on PS3) as GT5 obviously will be.

You said GT5 would sell 11 million, MW2 has sold 8.8 million, thats close enough to you saying GT5 would sell more than MW2 or at least equal to it if youre adding possible re releases onto MW2s sales.

Either way its never gonna sell 11 million.

toastboy44562 on 2010-11-11 21:11

uncharted 2 -3.5 million
god of war 3 -2 million

KeyStyle on 2010-11-11 21:12

Uncharted 2 - 3,5m
God of War III - 2,9m

luvtospooge on 2010-11-11 21:14

Uncharted 2 - 2,5mil.
God of War 3- 3mil.

FJ-Warez on 2010-11-11 21:18

Uncharted 2 : 2.8 M
God of War III : 2 M

So much fail predictions I see the same for GT5 SOON.

Note* this isn't even 1/4 of the list.

Frieza said:
postofficebuddy said:
Frieza said:
postofficebuddy said:
Frieza said:
CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

You said GT5 would sell 11 million, MW2 has sold 8.8 million, thats close enough to you saying GT5 would sell more than MW2 or at least equal to it if youre adding possible re releases onto MW2s sales.

Either way its never gonna sell 11 million.

GT5 is just as big as MW2 and dont give me that BS about its not like last gen, gt isnt big anymore cause its just as strong as it used to be. so if MW2 can sell that much, GT5 should have no problem

"GT5 is just as big as MW2"

LOL, dont be stupid of course it isnt.

On youtube MW2's trailer got 8.6 million views, GT5's got 1.6 million views.

Theres over 100 MW2 videos that have 1 million views, GT5 has 4.

According to google in 2010 for every person who searchs for "Gran Turismo 5" 12 people search for "Modern Warfare 2"

MW2 has sold 20.6 million copies more than any GT game by a considerable amount, GT3 which was heavily bundled.

It sold 8.2 million week one, thats more than GT5 will sell lifetime, the game wont open to a quarter of that amount.

GT5 is about a month away and nobodies talking about it, and you think thats as big as a game that became a worldwide craze? dont be silly, why would you even say something that idiotic?

Frieza said:

"GT5 is just as big as MW2"

LOL, dont be stupid of course it isnt.

On youtube MW2's trailer got 8.6 million views, GT5's got 1.6 million views.

Theres over 100 MW2 videos that have 1 million views, GT5 has 4.

According to google in 2010 for every person who searchs for "Gran Turismo 5" 12 people search for "Modern Warfare 2"

MW2 has sold 20.6 million copies more than any GT game by a considerable amount, GT3 which was heavily bundled.

It sold 8.2 million week one, thats more than GT5 will sell lifetime, the game wont open to a quarter of that amount.

GT5 is about a month away and nobodies talking about it, and you think thats as big as a game that became a worldwide craze? dont be silly, why would you even say something that idiotic?

Are you for real? GT5 could end up selling more than MW2 on the PS3 (which is probably what was implied, I don't think anyone thinks GT5 could move 20-25 million (counting PC sales) lifetime). It won't sell 8.2 million lifetime? How do you know? Let me guess; people would rather play FPS games because their habits have magically changed and they no longer like racing sims, they would rather play Need for Speed or they already own Forza 3. Or the market has moved on or the delays have made all the fans lose interest. Let's play bingo!

Nobody is talking about it, huh? I haven't seen such media buzz since GTA IV and Halo 3 myself, I don't know which internet you're connected to. The notion that it won't sell more than 2 million first week is also ludicrous, pre-orders alone will likely exceed half that number and GT is not a typical pre-order title either. EMEAA alone will sell 1.5 million week one is my guess, I could be wrong. I'm sure as hell that it will easily move way more than 2 million week one worldwide though(it is also huge in Japan and quite popular in the Americas).