By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Cirio said:

I find it interesting that many people think GT5 will be the best selling GT game. I know it'll be huge, but I really don't think it's possible for it to cross 15 million without over-excessive bundling from Sony. I do think GT5 can sell more than GT4 though, making it the 2nd best selling GT gam

Tbh i think even topping GT4 will be an incredible feat. but if for some reason the franchise is still as popular in the PS2 days then i hope that we see the best selling game in the whole series, yes more than GT3.

Around the Network

The games 10 days away, im glad i wont have to wait long to see the results. But no except here im not seeing much hype for it at all.

And 10 million still has no chance at all of happening. We'll soon see but i thik all of the delays have just made people lose interest, big games like Halo Reach and Black Ops have just come out so i dont see many people being too bothered with it.

Frieza said:

The games 10 days away, im glad i wont have to wait long to see the results. But no except here im not seeing much hype for it at all.

And 10 million still has no chance at all of happening. We'll soon see but i thik all of the delays have just made people lose interest, big games like Halo Reach and Black Ops have just come out so i dont see many people being too bothered with it.

It can still sell 10million. It's probably take a lot of bundling though. it'll take like 4 years though so by the time it actually happens, we'll be talking about Halo 4 and GT6 LOL

10 million is asking for too much when games even bigger than GT like GTA4 sell only 6.8 million and MW2 sell 8.8 million. i know they werent exclusive but still, hoping for 10 million is just gonna set alot of people up for disappointment.

If GT5 somehow with luck sold 3 million copies in US on par with GTA4 on PS3 and outselling GT4 in US, then it outsold FF13 and sold 2 million in Japan which only the 1st GT game has done, and then became the best selling game in EMEAA selling 4 million.

If it somehow was able to do all that itd have sold 9 million then. People should be realistic and hope for 6-8 million, 2-2.5 million in US, 1-1.5 million in Japan with luck can happen, 3-4 million in EMEAA is possible.  

But most people here actually think itll surpass GT3s 15 million and it wont, it definitley 100% wont, the only reason it sold that many is because it was bundled, thats why GT4 dropped 4 million. GT5 could possibly match GT4's US and Japanese sales but it certainly wont reach its EMEAA numbers of 6.5 million obviously.

Nah it obviously wont sell 10 million its first month because it wont do it in 100 months either. However ill know if the sales have disappointed then i can come back here.

Around the Network

Im hoping GT5 can sell 6-7 million. I do think it will fail to sell 10 milllion without bundling (I hope im wrong).

GT5 in NA probably won't even be bundled until next year. If GT5 can bundled with the PS3 for $199-$250 next year ,then it is definately possible for it to reach 10 million and beyond.

SpartenOmega117 said:

Im hoping GT5 can sell 6-7 million. I do think it will fail to sell 10 milllion without bundling (I hope im wrong).

GT5 in NA probably won't even be bundled until next year. If GT5 can bundled with the PS3 for $199-$250 next year ,then it is definately possible for it to reach 10 million and beyond.

It'l breeze past 7million

8 million is a minimum: NA: 2.0million, EU: 4.5million, JP: 1.5million.

9.5million is what I expect: NA: 2.9million, EU: 5.4million, JP: 1.7million

11million is a maximum: NA: 4.0million, EU: 6.0million, JP2.0:million.

If you say that the PS3's userbase is too low compared to PS2. I direct you to GOW3 which will be the best selling God of war.

CGI-Quality said:
Frieza said:

Nah it obviously wont sell 10 million its first month because it wont do it in 100 months either. However ill know if the sales have disappointed then i can come back here.

If the sales disappoint isn't up to you. Unless we get an outcry of disappointed fans (and Sony), you'll be soley going off personal input.

Nah ill be able to tell based off of what people have said, with predictions of 3 million 1st week, if it ends up doing say 1.5 million well thats a disappoint to most, if by Xmas its only at 3 million copies again same thing. I do expect alot of disappointed fans.

17/20 Million be end all final count.

8/10 Europe
5/7 NA
Asia Rest 2.5/3

Give or take a million!

4/5 million first week if it has 5 or more days of sales

Europe - 3/4
NA - 1.5
Asia Rest - 1

7.5/9.5 million by 2011, if it gets 4 or 5 full weeks of Holiday.

Highest selling game on individual console, PS3 or 360.

Highest selling Blu Ray Anything!

"4/5 million first week if it has 5 or more days of sales"

"7.5/9.5 million by 2011, if it gets 4 or 5 full weeks of Holiday."

See what i mean, with over the top predictions like this, i'll easily be able to say it disappointed.