By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack & Wiki 2 and Mega Man confirmed by Capcom

great that ZW2 is being released to bad no SF4 and RE5

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Overall, I rather wanted to point out the misery that is gaming in Europe.....

I totally agree man... We dont even have Z&W yet and theyre announcing a sequel... We dont have Fire Emblem yet either... SSBB has been apparently delayed again here... We are getting an edited version of NMH..

Its rediculous, really is. 

If you look at those stolen screen shots for Street Fighter IV that Kotaku ran with, you'll notice they look very Wii esq. I'd say there is no doubt it's coming to the Wii. As for RE5... who knows... very good chance as well now with the sales of both RE games already on the Wii doing extremely well.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DMeisterJ said:
Megaman?!?!?!? Wonder how much that game will suck. MotoGP will be good though, I love that game.

They really need to make a Megaman game that doesn't suck.  Unlikely, but it would be awesome.

Zack and Wiki 2 is not surprising at all ...

I could be wrong, but Zack and Wiki seems like the type of game which would have had a very small development cost (in the $1 to $2 Million range); it was likely developed to experiment with a variety of Wii controls to see what the Wiimote could do. Zack and Wiki has probably already broken even, and will potentially turn a healthy profit when it is released in Europe.

Capcom knows that sequels from a game like this can potentially sell better because word-of mouth advertizement from a dedicated fanbase is a very inexpensive and high quality form of marketing. The 150,000+ people in North America who will end up owning Zack and Wiki are all fairly likely to tell people that it was a great game and they should try Zack and Wiki 2, which can lead to it selling 300,000+ units ...

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but Zack and Wiki seems like the type of game which would have had a very small development cost (in the $1 to $2 Million range); it was likely developed to experiment with a variety of Wii controls to see what the Wiimote could do. Zack and Wiki has probably already broken even, and will potentially turn a healthy profit when it is released in Europe.

Capcom knows that sequels from a game like this can potentially sell better because word-of mouth advertizement from a dedicated fanbase is a very inexpensive and high quality form of marketing. The 150,000+ people in North America who will end up owning Zack and Wiki are all fairly likely to tell people that it was a great game and they should try Zack and Wiki 2, which can lead to it selling 300,000+ units ...

Yeah Zack & Wiki was cheap but it is such a solid title I really doubt that 1-2 million title. Maybe Carnival games had a budget like that, but I guess closer to 4 million wiht profitability hitting after the Europe launch.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Words Of Wisdom said:
DMeisterJ said:
Megaman?!?!?!? Wonder how much that game will suck. MotoGP will be good though, I love that game.

They really need to make a Megaman game that doesn't suck.  Unlikely, but it would be awesome.

There was, it was called ZX and it was for the DS. Of course, most of the whiners ignored it because it defied their reality that all Mega Man games must suck because they say so.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

Bah, you people suck. When I read "confirmed" I thought it wasn't going to be the same rumored list thats been floating around for days.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=11557

And it's supposedly for Europe.

Maybe that list was right this whole time.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ClaudeLv250 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
DMeisterJ said:

They really need to make a Megaman game that doesn't suck. Unlikely, but it would be awesome.

There was, it was called ZX and it was for the DS. Of course, most of the whiners ignoredi t because it defied their reality that all Mega Man gamesm ust suck because they say so.

ZX is probably one of the few Megman games I haven't played.  Is it really good?

dschumm said:
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but Zack and Wiki seems like the type of game which would have had a very small development cost (in the $1 to $2 Million range); it was likely developed to experiment with a variety of Wii controls to see what the Wiimote could do. Zack and Wiki has probably already broken even, and will potentially turn a healthy profit when it is released in Europe.

Yeah Zack & Wiki was cheap but it is such a solid title I really doubt that 1-2 million title. Maybe Carnival games had a budget like that, but I guess closer to 4 million wiht profitability hitting after the Europe launch.

I don't know for sure what it cost, I was mostly just trying to point out that it was inexpensive and that even with its low sales it was likely going to turn a healthy profit ...

(Good) Publishers often make games with no expectations of turning much of a profit in the hopes that they can get lucky (on occasion) and have an unexpected hit; if you release an inexpensive game (say $2 to $4 Million) every year you would expect that in a 10 year period you would have (at least) a couple Million sellers and a couple of IPs that you could count on to produce a healthy profit year after year.

Nintendo is (probably) the King of this strategy being that many of their games have low budgets (compared to most) and their sales are reasonably high so the games always turn a profit. Games like the Mario Sports series are (probably) not that expensive because they reuse a lot of graphical assets and have fairly small areas to populate with these assets, and  yet they sell 500,000+ units every time they're released.