By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zack & Wiki 2 and Mega Man confirmed by Capcom

BengaBenga said:
The original source is CubeRevolution, which has been right for most of the times. And yes, it's a European list, but games that do come to Europe, but not to the other parts of the world have to be invented yet. (while the other way around...)

there are some hehe, european created games like asterix & obelix or Tintin have never made it to americas or japan :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
MrPickles said:
Faxanadu said:
why anounce #2 if #1 hasnt even released?

#1 is out--I have it and it's awesome. Are you in Europe? Also: Mega Man's play style DEMANDS to be put in Brawl :)

I am from Europe and so is the source quoted in here (Netherlands).

The important part however is that the purpose behind not announcing the sequel until after the first one releases is to ensure that sales warrant the further investment.  In this situation it would imply that they are confident in their projections or feel that even without the EU data it is already warranted.  

In any case it seems as though this isn't official, but if it were they would have a decent reason to announce the second if they felt the first had already performed well in the US, Japan, etc...regardless of where the article is written or where you might live. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Faxanadu said:
MrPickles said:
Faxanadu said:
why anounce #2 if #1 hasnt even released?

#1 is out--I have it and it's awesome. Are you in Europe? Also: Mega Man's play style DEMANDS to be put in Brawl :)

I am from Europe and so is the source quoted in here (Netherlands).

The important part however is that the purpose behind not announcing the sequel until after the first one releases is to ensure that sales warrant the further investment.  In this situation it would imply that they are confident in their projections or feel that even without the EU data it is already warranted.  

In any case it seems as though this isn't official, but if it were they would have a decent reason to announce the second if they felt the first had already performed well in the US, Japan, etc...regardless of where the article is written or where you might live. 

The first one is doing fairly well--a couple hundred thousand before EU release--enough to warrant a sequel since Wii games don't cost as much to make.

EDIT: rereading my first post, I realize I sounded like an asshole.  I'm sorry.

@MrPickles,

Actually, I agree it is doing well.

My post was in response to the implied question of "Why would the announce the sequel before EU release?". And of course the answer is because the point of waiting till after release is to gauge reaction, thus it is logical that 2 of 3 major markets could suffice in making a determination if the reaction was good enough.

With that in mind, a confirmation article for the release of a new game is in a global context, not the context of only the country it was written and not the context of the location of the reader.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Overall, I rather wanted to point out the misery that is gaming in Europe.....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

@Fax,

You're totally right.
I'm really waiting for: Z&W and Fire Emblem.
They really should stop ignoring Europe.

@Neos,
I loved the SNES Asterix and TinTin games (just like I love the comics), I'm glad to hear that the rest of the world missed these, so we have something exclusive for once! European comics are way better than the American ones by the way, try them.

whats Lost Planet Colonies ?? as a PS3 exclusive ??

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

It seems a bogus, I mean Lost Planet Colonies for PS3 and not Xbox 360 ... meh ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Megaman?!?!?!? Wonder how much that game will suck. MotoGP will be good though, I love that game.

Although it seems strange to not have the Lsot Planet games on the 360 maybe they are diverting some of theri IPs abway from the 360 because they feel it is waning in Europe or there is too much competition in that genre on that console.

While I would love a Zack & Wiki 2 I don't think that they have had enough sales yet to make a clear indication. I think the reviews it has recieved caused the decision if there has been one already.

A discussion on what it would take for Z&W to be profitable is here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9631

Now they may decide to sequelize it without it being profitable, but I doubt it.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt