By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition's Touch Screen Support Detailed.. >_>

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition's Touch Screen Support Detailed.. >_>

Yes I can finally do the hadouken!! 11 34.38%

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! 8 25.00%

Do I smell pie? 13 40.63%

Total:32

While the Nintendo Conference build of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition showed off the game's touch screen support, Capcom never got around to sharing official details. That came today via the newly opened "system" page at the game's official site.

The 3D adaptation of Super SFIV uses the touch screen for easy access to moves. You can program four panels on the touch screen to correspond to individual moves.

The game appears to be pretty flexible in what you can assign to the panels. Examples mentioned at the official site include Ultra Combos, throws, Focus Attacks and standard special moves like Chun-Li's Spinning Bird Kick. You'll also be able to assign a simultaneous press of all three punch or kick buttons, which should come in handy given the 3DS button layout.

Outside of the shortcut panel, the Nintendo Conference build also showed a new behind-the-back view. Capcom has yet to make official mention of this viewing option. Perhaps we'll get some details in the next official site update?
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/15/super_sfiv_3d_edition_touch_screen/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:( me not happy but I can see why they did it.... :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

So, pulling off cool moves is going to be done by just pressing the touch screen?

They Starcraft2isized it, nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I LOVE ICELAND!

SF games can be played with

- my sega saturn pad

- arcade stick

Everything else, no thanks

At least its better than the iphone, barely

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Excellent. This was exactly what I was hoping for honestly. Triple punch and triple kick at an easily accessible point. Who cares if some scrub puts a special move down there?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

I chose option 3 because, frankly, I'm torn... On one hand, it'll make pulling off certain moves easier. On the other hand, it dumbs down the experience. Although considering that I'm a kamehame-button-masher this does seem to work for me in theory...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Anybody played Tat vs Cap on Wii?? The whole Wii controller setup was basically a bunch of shortcuts like this game has, to do a hadouken all you have to do is press 'B'...etc it's not very fair or fun, that's why i only play with gamecube controllers, it takes a bit of effort to do a special move (as it should) - - - - i mean how hard is it to *left-down-punch* anyways?

So i guess I'll play without the shortcuts IF i get this game (probably won't)

miz1q2w3e said:

Anybody played Tat vs Cap on Wii?? The whole Wii controller setup was basically a bunch of shortcuts like this game has, to do a hadouken all you have to do is press 'B'...etc it's not very fair or fun, that's why i only play with gamecube controllers, it takes a bit of effort to do a special move (as it should) - - - - i mean how hard is it to *left-down-punch* anyways?

So i guess I'll play without the shortcuts IF i get this game (probably won't)

The triple kick, and triple punch options are genuinely different. The PS360 game uses the extra triggers to let you pull it off easily. Arcade sticks have a better button lay-out so they wouldn't need it. It is less dumbing it down, and more replicating the experience you would get on other consoles. The other two slots would be more akin to what you describe though.

@ Gnizmo

I don't get it, what'd be the problem of pressing "YBR" for instance?

Farmageddon said:

@ Gnizmo

I don't get it, what'd be the problem of pressing "YBR" for instance?

Assigning a punch to Y and B is counter intuitive and against every normal fighting game button layout for one.