By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Sept 2010 Thread (5 wks ending Oct 3, at 6:30 PM EST)

darthdevidem01 said:
Nintendogamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

POWAMMMMM!

In your face!

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Wow Darth, you've successfully influenced vgchartz to the point that every thread becomes a dog vs cat pic war.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

pezus said:
Nintendogamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
fwap said:
bmmb1 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Demotruk said:

Oh, I did not notice that.

Good that you didn't because they aren't

D doesn't come after H

Dogs think they can spell.... what has the world come to? Next thing they will think they can count? Meow.

POWAMMMMM!

Not this one ^^

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Demotruk said:

Wow Darth, you've successfully influenced vgchartz to the point that every thread becomes a dog vs cat pic war.

Its not me its fwap!!

{points at fwap}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Now that NPD has announced it is changing how data is released, how will VG qualify future reports/data reflecting hardware/software sales?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20019356-17.html

"Starting this week, with its September release, NPD's free monthly gaming reports will no longer include the following:

• Hardware unit sales
  • Software unit sales
  • Individual versions of a title in its bestselling-games list

Instead, the reports will list the top-selling games of the month by title, with all versions of the game included in a single listing. The new reports will also include a statement saying the retail information it collected for the month do not include digital purchases, rentals, and other figures outside of physical sales."

"In any case, you can expect NPD-based reporting on gaming sales to slim down. Even news-publishing clients who have access to the full data upon initial release, Riley said, "are not permitted to use this information for journalism."

Around the Network

Yeah it's getting really fucking old ...

Monkey rapes all!!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Wooftos is here to end all wars once and for all. He is the DOG OF WAR

@Jim680

VGchartz don't need to qualify, it is an independent tracking service you know.

Wow this is bulls***... So where can we find leaked numbers?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:

Wow this is bulls***... So where can we find leaked numbers?

nowhere. We'll get some through publishers otherwise this is how its gonna be from now on (till they change their decision)