By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Coming out: I'm terrible at FPS games

Yeah I suck too, but I love the Battlefield series b/c of the vehicle options. Especially '43 where my k/d is over 5 in the Zero.

Around the Network

I'm good at Halo PC and Half-Life 2. That's it.

I love shooters but I do suck at them. I can beat Halo Reach on Heroic solo, but I get online and I'm sub par. I beat MW and MW2 on hard yet I get online and I get owned. I'm alright with my friends and noobs I am still not first but I score decently. But online I suck monkey balls.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I'm a master at COD, but I'm crap with Halo. I was really good at Killzone at one point, but then I stopped playing for a few months and when I jumped back in I was destroyed in every match. Bioshock 2 is my shooter now, now thats a game that truly combines tactics with accuracy.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I'm quite good at shooters as long as I can use mouse&keyboard. I played Counter Strike for several years and usually I had more kills than death, well, until the game became totally unplayable due to cheaters on every public server.

Around the Network

Hmm i think I'm slightly above average since i can do rather good in public servers but my few matches in clan fps gaming taught me i still have crapload of things to learn and improve.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

i am crap online but i still like them but i would chose a good single player game or multiplayer

I would say I'm very good in FPS, like said above it's mostly about out smarting the opponent. It's like reading your opponents mind and knowing what they're going to do. For example a lot of times I kill someone and I just know he will be coming for me again, this is beneficial for me because I can often kill the same guy again and again while he is only getting more angry every time.

The key is to always change your tactics by a little so you can surprise them everytime. Being good in aiming certainly helps but it doesn't have to be the most important. (especially in a game like Halo where weapon use and tactics are very important.)

To all the people who think they are rubbish..

NO YOU'RE NOT!

Against someone who is very smart when playing FPS games (not skilled, I don't think skill is involved in games) then you're always going to look rubbish.

I'm not a smart player and it shows when I'm up against smarter players, but even I get into lobbies where I do very well indeed. So don't knock yourself.

I've seen players with 20 percent  accuracy but with a K/D less than mine, then I've seen the complete opporsite to that.. its not skill, its being smart and keeping a cool head.

So practice and learning little tricks, learning how maps play etc all improve your game.

I used to suck at them, but I always liked playing them.