By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Coming out: I'm terrible at FPS games

I'm above average I'd say. I had a 3.00 K/D in MW2 back in the first few months of the games release when I was a try hard. Then I started screwing around a lot and it dropped.

Around the Network

My location (Middle East) puts me at a severe disadvantage in online games barring some games like Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, since they are lag-free. But when I enter a server with a good connection, I tend to do well.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Played so much CS and Quake growing up that most fps come pretty easily to me even on consoles. I think it just comes down to experience like most things.

Last FPS i ran with (The Conduit) i maintained a 0.67 kill/death, and i was rather proud of that, so that gives a general indication of my skill

My problem is my own, mainly that i refuse to learn tactics. Kinda similar to the problems i experience in Monster Hunter, or pretty much any other multiplayer game (like i hated Mario Kart DS because i refused to learn snaking, therefore i never won online). I play the game i want to play it, and if that'll lead to my great success, fine, but i'm not learning all the little tricks that an exploitative community tries to force down my throat.

Hell, the only reason my K/D was that high in the Conduit in the first place was because i developed a little shotgun-then-Melee trick that worked everytime, so long as i caught them off guard.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Pristine20 said:

Like most things, practice makes perfect. I'm very good at Killzone 2 but that's because I've played it online for 80 days. I wasnt really good till about 25 days in...get the picture? It just takes constant practice. As long as you love the game, just keep playing and you'll get there eventually.

This thread is not for you.

You're supposed to say you suck :p

Around the Network

i'm getting GT5 and can't race worth a shit, but i love cars and MNR has made me a better Racer so i may stand a chance online.

Sports: if it's not boxing (Round 3 only and no good MMA games out there for me to try) then consider me easy pickings.

i think the problem is that u may not understand the principal behind the shooter genre or how to approach each situation u find in different FPS cause no one shooter is the same!

i play Killzone2 online and i'm still not that familure with the controls and just with what i've learned from past FPS that i've played i stand a chance online. most of the guys i play with have all there perks and what not and i'm just getting started so for me to have a 4 or 5 man kill streak is big for me against those i play with.

first u haft to find out wht kind of shooter u are or wht weapons u like to use and from there you will find u don't suck! you where just using the wrong tools for the job?

as an american i can safely say just because u can't play an FPS dosn't mean ur not a real gamer, cause some american gamers can only play sports games.

i have a friend that can't play shooters(but is learnning), but can beat the life out of u in Football!

I get motion sick from FPS. It doesn't happen with any other games so that's weird, I can play Mario Kart for infinity hours, but after just 10 minutes of Metroid Prime I feel like I am going to throw up. I think it is probably something I could learn to adjust too, but I must admit that the appeal of the games are not enough for me to fight through puking to play them.

iam pretty bad too, but i play games not to be the best but to enjoy myself