By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dota 2 announced for PC and Mac, coming 2011, brings huge innovations

cr00mz said:

i'm intrested in how the game will look, how it will look with the source engine, but that's about it.

I've played LoL and DotA for so long, just looking at videos from those games make me sick.

you, you, noob!!!!!!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

im exicted :D i actualy BOUGHT warcraft 3 to play dota and when LoL came out i got into that (played HoN but it wasnt worth shelling out for IMO)

im really interested in this though if its 20 bucks i'll bite HoN is WAY too expensive for what it is 

if its more than 20 bucks i think i'll stick with LoL unless there some amazing stuff and even then i wont spend more than 30

zgamer5 said:

are only me and shio excited for this game??? gosh console gamers, you will be missing out!!! thank god im getting a new laptop, im sooooooooooooooo excited, i still play dota every day, i wonder what its price will be.

Pffft, I'm way too busy being excited for Guild Wars 2 than being excited for this puny game.

MORPHLING, first day buy by me

I LOVED DoTA!!! This is greeeaaaaat news

Around the Network
Foamer said:
dobby985 said:

Most dota related games have horrible communities. This game better not be free.

Yep, Heroes of Newerth in particular is renowned for having an utterly dreadful player base.

I hope Valve does something about these undesirables. I don't want to have to endure derogatory and racist comments because I didn't click my mouse button fast enough.

Wow really? doesn't this market seem super saturated to anyone else?

I don't really care for DotA but I can't get over the idea of Valve owning something the community created. Had they used a different name, even if they had referred to DotA in every possible spot, I'd have nothing against it. But this, I don't like this.

Nevermind me. It's not that important.

Fuckin LOVE DOTA!!!

Let's see what DOTA 2 brings into the DOTA world. So awesome!

dobby985 said:

I hope Valve does something about these undesirables. I don't want to have to endure derogatory and racist comments because I didn't click my mouse button fast enough.

I don't play HoN because of the stuff I've read about the community- even the PCG review pointed out how bad it was- but apparently it's due to the nature of the game meaning 'poorer' players can cost others on their team points and spoil their ranking. If Valve can move the emphasis of the game away from an obsessive pursuit of rankings and make it more newbie-friendly then they might be able to solve this problem.