By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mmm...Tekken 6 screens...

Double post.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
They actually don't look that much more detailed than in 5. And they still have the clump of polygons hair. It actually looks worse than 5 in that respect.

The skin, however, looks pretty good.

Look at Jin's hair in the first two pics. That's a bit more than a clump of polygons.

Also, look at how much musclel definition the guy in the last pic has! Same with Bryan! Do you have any idea how many polygons that must be?

No way is that made of polygons - that's definitely normal mapping.

OriGin said:
makingmusic476 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
They actually don't look that much more detailed than in 5. And they still have the clump of polygons hair. It actually looks worse than 5 in that respect.

Look at Jin's hair in the first two pics. That's a bit more than a clump of polygons.

Also, look at how much musclel definition the guy in the last pic has! Same with Bryan! Do you have any idea how many polygons that must be?

No way is that made of polygons - that's definitely normal mapping.

You have two things wrong.

1. Every 3D object in polygon-based graphics is made of polygons. That's what the name implies.

2. Normal mapping does not exclude polygons. It's merely one of the effects laid over polygons to give the textures more depth.

So my comment still stands, which is not hair made of polygons, but hair looking more like the older way of rendering hair, than the more recent ones.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
makingmusic476 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

You can't really tell. The resolution is too low for these pics. They don't have to be as high as 720x1280, but at least 480x850.

I wrote that the skin looks good. Did you not see that?

Ah, okay.  By skin I thought you were referring to the textures moreso than the muscle structure.

Its like tekken5 on the ps3 doesnt even compare.

mM
Around the Network

Better than earlier stuff, but still not looking as good as I expect, but it is still probably a while away and will get better.

In the end, by logic, this and SC IV should blow away VF5 in the visuals, just like VF5 did relative to DOA 4 when it came out.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

kcua_626 said:
Spectacular, but doesn't look in-game

If you think that can't be done in game, you are mistaken. Looks like in game replay footage to me, and Tekken always had sparks and it looks worse in stills because in play it comes and goes in a second, while here it's permanent.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Never been a fan of Tekken

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Jessman said:
Never been a fan of Tekken

Personally I don't give a sh*t about your preferences... Is it so damn difficult to stay away from the thread you don't care? Don't spam