By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mmm...Tekken 6 screens...

twesterm said:
No Tekken game will ever be better than Tekken Tag.

QFT.

Joemanji said:
This could be better than Tekken Tag if they get online right.

QFH.

Quoted For Hilarity. 

Around the Network

The graphics are spectacular.

Other than the sparks, which do like kind of stupid, it looks good.

Spectacular, but doesn't look in-game

makingmusic476 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
They actually don't look that much more detailed than in 5. And they still have the clump of polygons hair. It actually looks worse than 5 in that respect.

The skin, however, looks pretty good.

Look at Jin's hair in the first two pics. That's a bit more than a clump of polygons.

Also, look at how much musclel definition the guy in the last pic has! Same with Bryan! Do you have any idea how many polygons that must be?

The Tekken franchise has had issues with hair rendering for a while. Chracters like Jin come out fine. Its the longer haired characters like Michelle and Chrisite that show the clumpiness that LordTheNightKnight is talking about. I really can't say if this is resolved in Tekken 6 or not. I'll have to see the game in motion first.

I just hope that the games presentation returns to wait it used to be. I have never been a Tekken fan but I have always enjoyed how well the storyline and endings played out and I was not impressed Tekken 5. Most of the endings seem to be jokes, now Tekken has always has some more comical endings but they were usually restricted to characters like Kuma.

Around the Network

you

T3H CELL can RENDER explosions WITH LINES!!!!!!!ZOMG!!!

j/k

never been a tekken fan, so not interested, but screens look cool

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

makingmusic476 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
They actually don't look that much more detailed than in 5. And they still have the clump of polygons hair. It actually looks worse than 5 in that respect.

The skin, however, looks pretty good.

Look at Jin's hair in the first two pics. That's a bit more than a clump of polygons.

You can't really tell. The resolution is too low for these pics. They don't have to be as high as 720x1280, but at least 480x850.

Also, look at how much musclel definition the guy in the last pic has! Same with Bryan! Do you have any idea how many polygons that must be?

I wrote that the skin looks good. Did you not see that?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

On my list. God ps3 is pretty decent for beat em ups (my favce genre)

Ynwa.

I havent brought a fighting game since soul calibur on the dreamcast and theres nothing in the pictures thats going to make me buy one anytime soon. It looks and is going to play the same as tekken 4 and 5.

Big yawn from me sorry.

I want to love it, but nothing has changed for like over 10years. Same fighting style, same type of fighters. (fast and weak females, big slow and powerful guys etc etc)

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

azzer100 said:
I havent brought a fighting game since soul calibur on the dreamcast and theres nothing in the pictures thats going to make me buy one anytime soon. It looks and is going to play the same as tekken 4 and 5.

Big yawn from me sorry.

I want to love it, but nothing has changed for like over 10years. Same fighting style, same type of fighters. (fast and weak females, big slow and powerful guys etc etc)

Seriously if you can't spot the difference between Tekken 4 and 5 you shouldn't even bother to post in this thread...

Tekken 4 does NOT play same as Tekken 5...

Blasphemy.