By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania: LoS sequel confirmed

nice

Around the Network

I just want to say I really think this was one of the best games to come out in 2010, it's such a complete package.

It's got great and challenging combat with interesting weapons, a wide variety of monsters and a well though out and useful set of basic combos as well as defensive maneuvers. It's got a wide variety of puzzles none that are too hard but even if they were you can have the game automatically solve them. It's got a good vampire'esk story with good voice acting and a well themed and composed musical score. And on top of all that it's a nice long game which is all too rare these days.

It's a real AAA title in my book. 

And to people who say it's a GoW rippoff, I honestly laugh, GoW isn't half the game LoS is, no I mean literally GoW is a 6 hour game this is a 12-20 hour game... it's not even half the game.

Hell yeah can't wait. I already beat it last night and I'm ready for some more action. I'll be picking this up day 1 next year if it comes out. Probably won't be until 2012 though. They have confirmed DLC for LOS will be coming out soon. Then ending wasn't as good as I had hoped, until after the credits that is. The second ending was epic and the new game will be crazy if it builds on that.

Ugh.  Those goddamned Spaniards better not derail my 3DS Igavania!  >:x

aken909 said:

I just want to say I really think this was one of the best games to come out in 2010, it's such a complete package.

It's got great and challenging combat with interesting weapons, a wide variety of monsters and a well though out and useful set of basic combos as well as defensive maneuvers. It's got a wide variety of puzzles none that are too hard but even if they were you can have the game automatically solve them. It's got a good vampire'esk story with good voice acting and a well themed and composed musical score. And on top of all that it's a nice long game which is all too rare these days.

It's a real AAA title in my book. 

And to people who say it's a GoW rippoff, I honestly laugh, GoW isn't half the game LoS is, no I mean literally GoW is a 6 hour game this is a 12-20 hour game... it's not even half the game.

QFT.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

If this keeps up they will; Konami has been turning more and more self-xenophobic as of late.

Aiddon said:
jarrod said:

If this keeps up they will; Konami has been turning more and more self-xenophobic as of late.

I wonder if Iga's already jumped ship to Contra 3DS?  He was behind the M2 developed ReBirth game...

jarrod said:
Aiddon said:
jarrod said:

I wonder if Iga's already jumped ship to Contra 3DS?  He was behind the M2 developed ReBirth game...

That would cool; Iga has more talent in his pinky than all of MercurySteam have in their bodies combined.

Aiddon said:
jarrod said:
Aiddon said:
jarrod said:

That would cool; Iga has more talent in his pinky than all of MercurySteam have in their bodies combined.

Now now, Mercury Steam design team did a good job with this game. It looks great, sounds great (thanks to voice tallent they got) and plays like any action game should. They just needed a better game director.

Whoever directed lords of shadow:

1. doesn't have a clue what castlevania games are like, their appeal, and their story/origins

2. doesn't have a single original gameplay idea in his head

If they got Iga to direct the next game with mercury steam doing the production, I think results would be glorious as these guys are more than capable of making a good looking, playing and sounding game...if someone tells them what to do.

disolitude said:
Aiddon said:
jarrod said:
Aiddon said:
jarrod said:

Now now, Mercury Steam design team did a good job with this game. It looks great, sounds great (thanks to voice tallent they got) and plays like any action game should. They just needed a better game director.

Whoever directed lords of shadow:

1. doesn't have a clue what castlevania games are like, their appeal, and their story/origins

2. doesn't have a single original gameplay idea in his head

If they got Iga to direct the next game with mercury steam doing the production, I think results would be glorious as these guys are more than capable of making a good looking, playing and sounding game...if someone tells them what to do.

no, no they didn't. It is nothing more than average in terms of actual gameplay and considering that MercurySteam only made two mediocre games prior to this it might very well be their creative peak. Plus there is no way Cox would have Iga be the director nor do I think Iga is actually interested in it. Plus with the current 2D rennaissance it might be the best time to make an 2D CV in HD.