By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Help me choose my first Android phone (I know nothing about Androids)

Get the one thats on sale.

I'm sure they all make phone calls, retrieve emails and have lots of apps...

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Older phones won't run any new apps well. Thats the issue of buying 'on sale'.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Oh, help us out: What carrier are you using?

there all pretty much the same thing. I would go with the I-phone if you like better apps. The droid apps suck. That's the only big difference that I can think of. lol

mrstickball said:

He's in Australia, so that changes things

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:

there all pretty much the same thing. I would go with the I-phone if you like better apps. The droid apps suck. That's the only big difference that I can think of. lol

I love how iFans always say this but what is funny as they are generally the same apps.

Munkeh111 said:
mrstickball said:

Yes, but I looked at all the Aussie networks, trying to figure out which one he's with. As far as I can tell, the ones that have the HTC Desire also have the Galaxy-S which is a better phone than either, IMO.

mrstickball said:
disolitude said:

Older phones won't run any new apps well. Thats the issue of buying 'on sale'.

All android phones will have google maps app, youtube app, browsing the net, msn/yahoo/whatever mesenger, email setup, lots of games...they will all make phone calls too, book appointments, have video playback...etc

Do you really need more o the go? And when you're not on the go, would you really ue the dinky phone rather than a comptuer or laptop?

mrstickball said:
Munkeh111 said:
mrstickball said:

Yes, but I looked at all the Aussie networks, trying to figure out which one he's with. As far as I can tell, the ones that have the HTC Desire also have the Galaxy-S which is a better phone than either, IMO.

That's why I questioned why he hasn't considered a Galaxy S phone. It simply better than any other Android phone currently.

better screens, better UI, faster, Samsung is good quality, great physical looks, will run 2.2 soon, etc.

HTC Desire 1

I have never had any issue with the app store and personally even if I did I would never go to Apple and its walled garden. If we are going to see a backlash it will be against the walled garden approach by Apple not the Android free for all.

If you are  new to smart phones then expect to charge your phone once a day. My Desire will last two days and it gets used a lot but the second day can be scary. I use my phone for work email and I also have the WiFi permanently on. The phone recently upgraded to the 2.2 without a hitch (well at least for me T-Mobile UK).

I have been using smart phones for a long time but this is the first phone that I enjoy using!

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.