By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will happen to 360 if Kinect fails?

Tisoyboy2 said:

He is not asking, what if Kinect fails because people may not be ready for controllerless gameplay because they are. He is asking, what if it fails because it doesn't do as advertised. Or what if people have to re-arrange their house to use it. Or do they have to move into a bigger place of residence. These are things that will cause people not to use the Kinect. And with non-use there will be no software sales. He is asking if people think that will cause Xbox fans to go over to the PS3 with Move. I have the Move and it works great. Better then my Wii Motion Plus. Very accurate and close to NO delay. Now I also own an Xbox 360 S. And I am more excited about getting the Kinect then I was when waiting for the Move to release. But what if it doesn't deliver? I am buying a Futon bed this month just to have that 8 feet of Kinect space in my room. How many of you are able or willing to make an adjustment? That is what he is asking. Your television may have to be moved in front of the window to keep the light from shining in the Kinect's camera lens. I am willing to make some minor adjustments but not many. 

Exactly thanx for actually understanding my post, yes the sales thing too I am interested if that fails. But I was more talking about the impact if Kinect fails to deliver on its functionality more then actually failing on the market place.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Life goes on until Kinect Plus is released lol... Seriously there appears to be a little bit of a Kinect Phobia emerging here by some.. Be not afraid fearful ones..it is only a gaming device/ add on.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Bill gats will bury himself if kinect fails

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It will still sell well in the holidays, and probably will have the best year saleswise. But it will mean that the PS3 with move will be able to have an extra edge and the PS3 will outsell it in the longterm. I do think it will do well in the holidays, but in the long term we have to wait and see

Around the Network
bobbert said:
EncodedNybble said:
thx1139 said:

You cannot play the Move in a room with sunlight or have lights turned on.  Make sure the room has no magnet in it from items such as speakers and finally keep the controller away from your eyes so you dont burn your eyes out kid.

Not sure if it's been said before, but I play with my PS move all the time with a sun lit room and with the lights on in the day if it is gloomy.  So, I'm not sure where you got that information.

The troubleshooting chapter in the Move manual. Re-read the post.

Wasn't the post in regards to the Kinect manual?

scottie said:

Off topic - If you are sitting/standing 2-3 feet from your tv, you are likely to develop some serious eyesight problems.

Anyway, I don't think Kinect flopping would mean much for the 360, it's still selling well even without it currently, and I doubt that MS is expecting much of a hardware impact from Kinect

From what I  heard that is a myth especially LCD.  Remember you can turn down the LCD lamps. PC monitors are often that close ... even triple screens. Now it's help your eyes, even when reading, to look up in the distance ever once in the while after long periods of looking something up close.

The fact it's $150 without it's own processor means it's will be a success profit wise. Mircosoft doesn't seem to gamble much with Kinect. I still wonder how much better  Kinect could have been  if it had it own processor.

Anyway, with animal vivisection getting more and more unpopular around the world, but the likes of PETA not objecting about experiments on prisoners like in China and Nord Korea, MS will find a use for Kinect developers!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nothing really. They will just go back to a focus on core games while throwing in a Kinect game here and there to appease those that bought a Kinect.

It's just that simple.

Being that MS has a good hardware and software sales record the last 4 yrs ( alittle better then Sony ) .. Maybe the question should be "What will happen when Kinect sells more then Move?"