By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will happen to 360 if Kinect fails?

Q) What if Kinect fails? A) Everyone gos out and buys a PS3 Move. NOT!!!

From what I've seen of Move its about as exciting as the Wii, oh thats because its the same thing, doh.

Kinect isn't much better, well actually its no better, but... Kinect has some scope beyond Motion control, but god know if devs will make anything of it.

Both Move and Kinect are cash cows for Sony/MS, I ain't buying in to either.

Around the Network

Bill gates will be brain dead if kinect fails

if m$ fails initially with kinect they'll throw money at it till it works. It's how they've dealt with 99.9999% of their problems with the 360

This.

d21lewis said:

This.

so its safe to say that cats are athiests?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

I think this is more appropriate.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I think it would be bad if Kinect fails.  On several levels, it's much of what the Xbox team has been working on entirely for a large period of time.  If it fails, it will demoralize much of the team.

Microsoft has been ahead of it's time before.  Remember Web TV?  Now people like browsing the web on their TV's, but it didn't work that well on Standard Defination TV nearly 20 years ago.  And talking to the computer?  They were trying to push that before the computing power was really up to that level.  And don't forget, HD DVD. (Why didn't they include that in the Xbox like the PS3?!?)

Now, I'm a little perplexed why they didn't include an HD camera in the Kinect.  I wouldn't think it would add much to the price, but perhapse that's because they want a HD Kinect upgrade in a few years.

One of the reasons I got my Xbox 360 last month was to be ready for Kinect.  Overall, I've been more impressed with my Xbox than I expected.   I expected Halo: Reach to look awseum, but didn't expect to like Pinball (it feedback in the controller is amazing) and stuff like Braid. If I had one and streaming, I might not have bothered with a Blu-ray.  Yes, the Blu-ray looks better, but with HD streaming, and the new 1080P upgrades coming to Netflix soon it's not really needed.  And if I had Braid, I wouldn't have bothered with Super Mario Brothers Wii (sorry if that offends anyone.)

I'm hoping, that like the Xbox 360 itself, that Kinect (Should be KinX) exceeds my expectations.  There is amazing potential there as we get closer to the 'holo decks' on Star Trek Next Gen, but we will see how reality unfolds with this new tech.

If it fails, it will be sad, and I think the team will be working on the next consol (Xbox 3d?)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I expect the nextbox to be out sooner than MS planned

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Bill gate will f**k himeself with a broken bottle if kinect fails

Metallicube said:
raptors11 said:

I'm actually hoping Kinect fails. And this isn't some fanboy thing I actually have a valid reason.

I'm a traditional gamer, I like it sit back on a couch and use a standard controller; but all this shit with motion controls is threatening the traditional style of playing video games! If Kinect succeeds then next gen we're going to be without controllers and stuck playing lame party games till the end of time! Same goes for motion controls on Sony and Nintendo!

Okay I'm exagerating a bit, controllers will never go away. But I want to see motion controls flop hard next gen so we can go back to making core games and not lame ass party games that Grandma can play.

I'm with you. I don't want to be that active while playing all my games, nor do I want that kind of imprecision. I mean the occassional Wii Fit is kinda neat, but I don't want ALL or a majority of my games to be played like that. At the same time though, I want the Wii to succeed, which my sound hypocritical or fanboyish of me, but the Wii's motion controls are really a lot different. Most of the games that utilize it, even heavilly, are nothing more than slight wrist movements.

I look at the Wiimote as somewhat of a 3D mouse. These are the kind of motion controls I like if implemented corectly. But full body motion? I'm not sure I'm into that.. Especially when the games look at poor as Kinect's does. That sort of control just seems imprecise, awkward, and more trouble than it's worth. There is also a very small margin of genres that I could see working with this control scheme; even fewer than the Wiimote.

Yeah I agree with you man. The odd party game is fun, but I'm really just a fan of core games, as are most PS360 owners I think.