By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Would you count these games as a sucess or a failure- Wii Edition

Galaki said:
scottie said:

Red Steel 2 is a failure. The more it sells the bigger a failure it becomes. It is a failure because it selling tells developers that gamers do not want incredibly fun, innovative multiplayer experiences 

:(

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

Fixed

And I agree, you just can't win with some people. At least they made a sequel right? That's a good thing.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Xenoblade - It has done pretty bad in my opinion. Wii has a huge audience and they go ape shit for JRPGs over there. Probably a sign this is not a good game.

Monster Hunter Tri - Not bad. Sadly, big numbers for a core Wii game.

Red Steel 2 - Flop

Metroid Other M - Doing fine I guess.

Boom Blox - Obviously a big hit.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

scottie said:
Conegamer said:
scottie said:

Red Steel 2 is a failure. The more it sells the bigger a failure it becomes. It is a failure because it selling tells developers that gamers do not want incredibly fun, innovative multiplayer experiences 

I...actually enjoyed it. Am I a bad person?

I'm not saying it's a bad, or unenjoyable game, it's just that I preferred Red Steel 1, despite its flaws, because of the incredibly well done multiplayer.

Did we play the same game ?

I remember an extremely mediocre and dull multiplayer mode (the bad controls didn't really help). The only hilarious part are the phone calls via the Wiimote, because they sound really bad and ensure awkward situations.

Xenoblade - if this was 2007 or 2008 game those sales would be huge failure for 2010 wii standards sales similar to x360 jrpgs are actually good.

MH3 - probably only 3rd party core game that can claim real succes in last 2 years on Wii

RS2 - huge bomb

Metroid- sales are ok, slightly below expactasions but still good.

Boom Blox - casual friendly game sells well on Wii, more news at 11...

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Barozi said:
scottie said:
Conegamer said:
scottie said:

I'm not saying it's a bad, or unenjoyable game, it's just that I preferred Red Steel 1, despite its flaws, because of the incredibly well done multiplayer.

I remember an extremely mediocre and dull multiplayer mode (the bad controls didn't really help). The only hilarious part are the phone calls via the Wiimote, because they sound really bad and ensure awkward situations.

Yes, we did play the same game. That mode was incredible

Around the Network

Failure
Success
Failure
Failure
Success

scottie said:
Barozi said:
scottie said:
Conegamer said:
scottie said:

Yes, we did play the same game. That mode was incredibly broken

fixed.

But seriously that part was fun though totally broken when you try to play competitive. Even on the lowest volume everybody can here what you're being told by the game.
The only thing that saved the 4 of us playing the game was the fact that no one knew which section of the split screen and which character belonged to which player, because it was the first round.

mh3 sold 500k in the west, its not considered that much of a sucess, it deserves more!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Xenoblade - probably flop. I don't think you're getting much change for a full console release with @ best $5M revenue. At best probably broke even, definately not a success.

MH3 - Probably break even, possibly a loss. Advertising costs money, I think this one didn't really make any to be honest.

RS2 - Flop. Probably are not coming back for round 3.

Metroid- Probably not worth Nintendos time. Little more than break even.

Boom Blox - Success! Though not really going to move the bottom line.

Tease.

Barozi said:
scottie said:
Barozi said:
scottie said:
Conegamer said:
scottie said:

fixed.

But seriously that part was fun though totally broken when you try to play competitive. Even on the lowest volume everybody can here what you're being told by the game.
The only thing that saved the 4 of us playing the game was the fact that no one knew which section of the split screen and which character belonged to which player, because it was the first round.

Haha, that's the best bit!!

"YOU ARE THE MYSTERY PLAYER!"