By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 sales predictions

> 5 M because all the problems with KZ2 have been solved (i guess) the graphics are even better with the new AA and better textures, it has move, 3d and I hope a better ad campaign. Go Kz3!

Around the Network
Isuck said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:

I find it funny how when some random dude on this site predict 7 million for gears 3 and every sony fanboy flamed the crap out of him. Now those sony fans expect killzone 3 to double what killzone 2 did! HAHA

My prediction

500K first week

2.9-3.2 million life time.

I basing this off the dead online community and the fact that that most consumers wont see a difference between the two games. Killzone 2 was not loved like every sony internet nerd made it out to seem lots of people thought it sucked and the online community users just proved my point.

I bolded the irrelevant.

I still stand by my claim killzone 3 is not such a major improvemnt from 2 keep its prevouis user base let alone get new ones. 

So you've had a chance to play Killzone 3. Oh wait, you're basing this off of internet videos that have only shown one map. And you ignore the  improvements that have been announced (less lag, longer deeper story, more variety in levels,  jetpacks, new weapons,  new melee system, MOVE support,  3D support,  No load times,  etc) .... interesting.

Also nice bloding my username as well, very funny.  

You're username was already bolded.

I'm hoping KZ2 goes the way of U2 so...

1.1 mil the first week

3.4 LTD

4M Lifetime sales

Jay520 said:
raptors11 said:

about 800-900 thousand first week. Maybe 2.5-3 million lifetime. Maybe 4 million if its a little better and lots of advertising.

So... what's your prediction

haha I just re-read my post and realized how stupid it is. I'm sticking with 800-900 thousand first week and I'll say just under 3 million lifetime.

Around the Network

2.5M

3.5 ~ 4.2 

eazy, 3D...etc..etc..

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Jay520 said:
Isuck said:

I find it funny how when some random dude on this site predict 7 million for gears 3 and every sony fanboy flamed the crap out of him. Now those sony fans expect killzone 3 to double what killzone 2 did! HAHA

My prediction

500K first week

I basing this off the dead online community and the fact that that most consumers wont see a difference between the two games. Killzone 2 was not loved like every sony internet nerd made it out to seem lots of people thought it sucked and the online community users just proved my point.

I bolded the irrelevant.

You may of missed it, but I changed my prediction.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:

My prediction

500K first week

I bolded the irrelevant.

You may of missed it, but I changed my prediction.

I gotcha

Jay520 said:
Isuck said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:

My prediction

500K first week

I bolded the irrelevant.

I still stand by my claim killzone 3 is not such a major improvemnt from 2 keep its prevouis user base let alone get new ones. 

So you've had a chance to play Killzone 3. Oh wait, you're basing this off of internet videos that have only shown one map. And you ignore the  improvements that have been announced (less lag, longer deeper story, more variety in levels,  jetpacks, new weapons,  new melee system, MOVE support,  3D support,  No load times,  etc) .... interesting.

Also nice bloding my username as well, very funny.  

You're username was already bolded.

Longer deeper story? What are you 12? You dont know if the story will be any good, based of killzone 2 I wouldnt be expecting much.

I am also basing my claim  off killzone 2. Not videos on the web. Killzone 2 online community is dead for a reason, killzone 3 online MP looks like killzone 2 with mechs and jetpacks that could have been added in for DLC.

3D is not a selling point since baiscally no one owns a 3D T.V. Move support wont do much since move we dont know if it works well and by looking at the videos I rather stick to a regualr controler.

Jetpacks and new melee system? How does a vehicle and new melee sell a game?

I highly doubt killzone 3 will push past 3.2 million life time.  Not only will they have to KEEP EVERY SINLGE ONE of the prevouis owners, they have to win over the ones who didnt buy killzone 2 which is pretty hard since there is no new feature worth spending 60 bucks on. Maybe if you could download the game for 30 bucks off psn it might have a chance. But by the looks of killzone 3 right now any average gamer would moving thinking its the same thing like 2.

Because honeslty killzone 3 can be summed up into one word: Jetpacks!