By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 sales predictions

Ps3 is in a much better position, and thus Killzone will be in a much better position. 3 million with the possibility of going higher if it can reach uncharted 2 levels of improvement and recognition.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Isuck said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:

I find it funny how when some random dude on this site predict 7 million for gears 3 and every sony fanboy flamed the crap out of him. Now those sony fans expect killzone 3 to double what killzone 2 did! HAHA

My prediction

500K first week

2.9-3.2 million life time.

I basing this off the dead online community and the fact that that most consumers wont see a difference between the two games. Killzone 2 was not loved like every sony internet nerd made it out to seem lots of people thought it sucked and the online community users just proved my point.

I bolded the irrelevant.

I still stand by my claim killzone 3 is not such a major improvemnt from 2 keep its prevouis user base let alone get new ones. 

So you've had a chance to play Killzone 3. Oh wait, you're basing this off of internet videos that have only shown one map. And you ignore the  improvements that have been announced (less lag, longer deeper story, more variety in levels,  jetpacks, new weapons,  new melee system, MOVE support,  3D support,  No load times,  etc) .... interesting.

Also nice bloding my username as well, very funny.  

You're username was already bolded.

Longer deeper story? What are you 12? You dont know if the story will be any good, based of killzone 2 I wouldnt be expecting much.

I am also basing my claim  off killzone 2. Not videos on the web. Killzone 2 online community is dead for a reason, killzone 3 online MP looks like killzone 2 with mechs and jetpacks that could have been added in for DLC.

3D is not a selling point since baiscally no one owns a 3D T.V. Move support wont do much since move we dont know if it works well and by looking at the videos I rather stick to a regualr controler.

Jetpacks and new melee system? How does a vehicle and new melee sell a game?

I highly doubt killzone 3 will push past 3.2 million life time.  Not only will they have to KEEP EVERY SINLGE ONE of the prevouis owners, they have to win over the ones who didnt buy killzone 2 which is pretty hard since there is no new feature worth spending 60 bucks on. Maybe if you could download the game for 30 bucks off psn it might have a chance. But by the looks of killzone 3 right now any average gamer would moving thinking its the same thing like 2.

Because honeslty killzone 3 can be summed up into one word: Jetpacks!

I'm curious, what does KZ3 need to make it better than KZ2. 

Isuck said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:
Jay520 said:
Isuck said:

I find it funny how when some random dude on this site predict 7 million for gears 3 and every sony fanboy flamed the crap out of him. Now those sony fans expect killzone 3 to double what killzone 2 did! HAHA

My prediction

500K first week

2.9-3.2 million life time.

I basing this off the dead online community and the fact that that most consumers wont see a difference between the two games. Killzone 2 was not loved like every sony internet nerd made it out to seem lots of people thought it sucked and the online community users just proved my point.

I bolded the irrelevant.

I still stand by my claim killzone 3 is not such a major improvemnt from 2 keep its prevouis user base let alone get new ones. 

So you've had a chance to play Killzone 3. Oh wait, you're basing this off of internet videos that have only shown one map. And you ignore the  improvements that have been announced (less lag, longer deeper story, more variety in levels,  jetpacks, new weapons,  new melee system, MOVE support,  3D support,  No load times,  etc) .... interesting.

Also nice bloding my username as well, very funny.  

You're username was already bolded.

Longer deeper story? What are you 12? You dont know if the story will be any good, based of killzone 2 I wouldnt be expecting much.

I am also basing my claim  off killzone 2. Not videos on the web. Killzone 2 online community is dead for a reason, killzone 3 online MP looks like killzone 2 with mechs and jetpacks that could have been added in for DLC.

3D is not a selling point since baiscally no one owns a 3D T.V. Move support wont do much since move we dont know if it works well and by looking at the videos I rather stick to a regualr controler.

Jetpacks and new melee system? How does a vehicle and new melee sell a game?

I highly doubt killzone 3 will push past 3.2 million life time.  Not only will they have to KEEP EVERY SINLGE ONE of the prevouis owners, they have to win over the ones who didnt buy killzone 2 which is pretty hard since there is no new feature worth spending 60 bucks on. Maybe if you could download the game for 30 bucks off psn it might have a chance. But by the looks of killzone 3 right now any average gamer would moving thinking its the same thing like 2.

Because honeslty killzone 3 can be summed up into one word: Jetpacks!

calm down dude,

its just a prediction thread not a war

Above & Beyond

I am doing what I did with Heavy Rain and it end up selling above my expectaion.

first week

NA- 1 million

Japan- 50k

Other- 1.5 million

=2.5 million

LTD

NA- 2 Million

Japan- 100 k

Other- 2.9 million

= 5 million

My wishful sales like I did with Heavy Rain putting my wishful sales for it and it ended up good lol.

I hope it happens again.

over 9000 copies

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

> 4M

ElGranCabeza said:

Resistance is SCE's flagship FPS franchise, the sales for the games back up my claim.

Killzone 2 > Resistance 2 in both commercial and critical success.  The former is also far more popular amongst gamers, given the incredible backlash Resistance 2 recieved post-release.

By only looking at the first Resistance's sales could one argue that Resistance is the bigger franchise of the two, and its sales were helped considerably by the game being both a launch title and bundled numerous times since launch. 

Ask anybody - people on forums like this, journalists, random people on the street - and of the people able to recognize both franchises, I guarantee you a large majority would say they'd take Killzone 3 over Resistance 3.

3.5 million lifetime i guess

but i hope 4.5 million

5 million first day!

gotta aim high, there is lots of ps3 out there now.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Jay, can you change my prediction to 3.5 million?  I think the game will deserve to crack 4 million, but I think it'll only do around 3.5 million.   Better than the last either way.