By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All females in video games should follow men's orders

RolStoppable said:
forest-spirit said:

What most likely will get on my nerves though is this "puh-lease, can I use my powers" crap that's used. Having your suit malfunction in MP1 & 2 was far from ideal design and I found it a bit annoying when it happened the second time. I wouldn't call it cheap.

The suit only malfunctioned in the first Prime. In the second game the Ing absorbed Samus' abilities, that's a new twist. In the third game the developers finally saved themselves the trouble to make something up and just put you in the game without equipment and explanation. I don't mind that, because I want to collect stuff that makes me stronger. Starting out with all the abilities would be pretty boring and the new stuff you could obtain (if there is something) wouldn't be as significant as all the stuff you already have.

Ah, that's how it was! My memory sucks. I remember some reviewers complaining about it though. If they only knew how upgrades would be handled 3 games later...

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Khuutra said:

The issue you're anticipating is actually the one being discussed here. Samus having feelings is an entirely different things altogether. We're referring specifically to her going through lava levels without turning on her Varia Suit. Why does she do this, you ask? Because Adam Malkovich didn't tell her to turn on the Varia Suit.

It makes perfect sense (TM).

Zero Zense Zakamoto (TM).

Ok. Does Samus ask for permission in the game or does Adam just tell her to use whatever it is she have to use? I don't like either, but I just can't imagine Samus looking at a Missile door, looking at ther missile launcher and think "but Adam haven't said anything yet" and walk away. She is not stupid!!! She would scan the door. "Aha, I can use my missile launcher here!" and say "Adam, I will use my missile launcher" and before Adam has stopped picking his nose so he can respond (you shouldn't pick your nose with an open mouth. It's bad karma.) Samus would already be through the door.

It, uh. It's the latter. She waits for Adam to give explicit orders and never makes a request herself.

morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

what the hell, so many people with the same avatars

it's to induce chaos....... joiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Its confusing!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mr Khan said:
wfz said:

This is an absolute rage on human equality. You bastards make me sick to my stomach with your big-ass egos and degrading women to such a low standard. I hope you all die a very violent and horrific death, and I swear by all the women who are dear to me that I would personally kill you all myself if I ever met one of you.

Because I doubt that any of the women I know would be strong enough to do it themselves.

The last line is a giveaway...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

....actually, I'm going to change my avatar back soon, this thread, though satirical, is a little too offensive for me, lol. I have no sense of humor...

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

it's to induce chaos....... joiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Its confusing!!!!

who am I?

morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Its confusing!!!!

who am I?

Courage the Sexist Dog?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Icyedge said:

The ancient Egyptians viewed men and women, including people from all social classes except slaves, as essentially equal under the law, and even the lowliest peasant was entitled to petition the vizier and his court for redress.Both men and women had the right to own and sell property, make contracts, marry and divorce, receive inheritance, and pursue legal disputes in court.

And look at their goddamn society now! D= Down with women!

It was a rich society that accomplished and developed things still relevant and impressing to this day. Up with women! :P

Khuutra said:
forest-spirit said:
Khuutra said:

The issue you're anticipating is actually the one being discussed here. Samus having feelings is an entirely different things altogether. We're referring specifically to her going through lava levels without turning on her Varia Suit. Why does she do this, you ask? Because Adam Malkovich didn't tell her to turn on the Varia Suit.

It makes perfect sense (TM).

Zero Zense Zakamoto (TM).

Ok. Does Samus ask for permission in the game or does Adam just tell her to use whatever it is she have to use? I don't like either, but I just can't imagine Samus looking at a Missile door, looking at ther missile launcher and think "but Adam haven't said anything yet" and walk away. She is not stupid!!! She would scan the door. "Aha, I can use my missile launcher here!" and say "Adam, I will use my missile launcher" and before Adam has stopped picking his nose so he can respond (you shouldn't pick your nose with an open mouth. It's bad karma.) Samus would already be through the door.

It, uh. It's the latter. She waits for Adam to give explicit orders and never makes a request herself.

And the reason for giving Samus a voice was...?

darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:
morenoingrato said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Its confusing!!!!

who am I?

Courage the Sexist Dog?

No, woman >>>> man, but I wanted to be part of the avatar fest

And I'm dtewi