By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All females in video games should follow men's orders

Yes. Yes, they should.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

hatmoza do good?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

hatmoza do good?

Welcome to the fold.

Let's see how many people we can get with this avatar

That will be confusing as Hell

The ancient Egyptians viewed men and women, including people from all social classes except slaves, as essentially equal under the law, and even the lowliest peasant was entitled to petition the vizier and his court for redress.Both men and women had the right to own and sell property, make contracts, marry and divorce, receive inheritance, and pursue legal disputes in court.

Khuutra said:
hatmoza said:

hatmoza do good?

Welcome to the fold.

Let's see how many people we can get with this avatar

That will be confusing as Hell

Thanks Rol!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I do not mind Samus having emotions and stuff. I have never seen Samus as a badass character, and that's part of why I like her so much.

I haven't played Other M yet though I will when I'm finished with Metroid II and Fusion. I have read about it a lot and from the information I've gathered I will have issues with the game. However, my issues probably won't have anything to do with Samus showing emotions and I probably won't get the hate behind that infamous Ridely fight. "My" Samus has feelings, and that's what ultimately saved her in Super Metroid imo. That's another story though.

What most likely will get on my nerves though is this "puh-lease, can I use my powers" crap that's used. Having your suit malfunction in MP1 & 2 was far from ideal design and I found it a bit annoying when it happened the second time. I wouldn't call it cheap.

The way you get to use your powers in Other M is definitely cheap though. It's bad. It's crap. I hope it was implemented that way because the designers were noobs and simply didn't know better. Please Samus, tell me it was like that. You should know. It's your game they have been messing with.

I don't mind Samus following orders. There's a reason for her doing so. But Samus is an independant character (and may join or leave units if she wants to ) and I can't believe she would run into a dangerous place or fight without using her equipment to make it easier. She ain't dumb! Grrrr....

Sorry for being all serious and stuff. I will punish myself by running headfirst into a wall three times and then play MadWorld for 30 hours straight.

hatmoza said:

hatmoza do good?

hatmoza did very good.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

forest-spirit said:

I do not mind Samus having emotions and stuff. I have never seen Samus as a badass character, and that's part of why I like her so much.

I haven't played Other M yet though I will when I'm finished with Metroid II and Fusion. I have read about it a lot and from the information I've gathered I will have issues with the game. However, my issues probably won't have anything to do with Samus showing emotions and I probably won't get the hate behind that infamous Ridely fight. "My" Samus has feelings, and that's what ultimately saved her in Super Metroid imo. That's another story though.

What most likely will get on my nerves though is this "puh-lease, can I use my powers" crap that's used. Having your suit malfunction in MP1 & 2 was far from ideal design and I found it a bit annoying when it happened the second time. I wouldn't call it cheap.

The way you get to use your powers in Other M is definitely cheap though. It's bad. It's crap. I hope it was implemented that way because the designers were noobs and simply didn't know better. Please Samus, tell me it was like that. You should know. It's your game they have been messing with.

I don't mind Samus following orders. There's a reason for her doing so. But Samus is an independant character (and may join or leave units if she wants to ) and I can't believe she would run into a dangerous place or fight without using her equipment to make it easier. She ain't dumb! Grrrr....

Sorry for being all serious and stuff. I will punish myself by running headfirst into a wall three times and then play MadWorld for 30 hours straight.

The issue you're anticipating is actually the one being discussed here. Samus having feelings is an entirely different things altogether. We're referring specifically to her going through lava levels without turning on her Varia Suit. Why does she do this, you ask? Because Adam Malkovich didn't tell her to turn on the Varia Suit.

It makes perfect sense (TM).

Now I feel like a hippie.

all these identical avatars...

they are confusing me